Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
52
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,393
    Gen 6 seems a little too early to announce so it's either, gen 3 remake, new stadium game for Wii-U, or (hopefully) a new Pokemon Snap for 3DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanavi View Post
    That's like hoping for Majora's Mask being remade too, I know, I know...
    Well.. if you're using that as an example of an impossibility it'd be slightly wrong, Eiji Aonuma himself acknowledged the fact people want a MM remake, and basically said it's possible after a new 3DS Zelda title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    In before "original 151" argument.
    Ugh... I know it's coming, but I'm just hoping the nostalgia "fans" don't have to shove "GLORIOUS 151 MASTER RACE" shit down everyone else's throat in every single Pokemon thread in existence.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-01-05 at 02:50 AM.


  2. #22
    Pit Lord Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,301
    B/W2 are actually great games.
    If you say they aren't because they are a repeat of B/W, then honestly, you be CRAZY!

    I'm hoping for a new handheld version for DS, I really don't want to have to buy a 3DS for about 3 good games.
    Something new.
    I really don't like the remakes of such great games.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  3. #23
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,409
    I don't understand why people want a pokemon MMO so bad. If one was created it would be targeted towards kids and most likely be developed by some no-name MMO company (pretty sure gamefreak has never made an MMO), it would have terrible chat filters, boring gameplay, awful graphics and just be bad in general.

    If you don't believe me, just take a look at the online trading card game.

  4. #24
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I don't understand why people want a pokemon MMO so bad. If one was created it would be targeted towards kids and most likely be developed by some no-name MMO company (pretty sure gamefreak has never made an MMO), it would have terrible chat filters, boring gameplay, awful graphics and just be bad in general.

    If you don't believe me, just take a look at the online trading card game.
    I think people like the idea of it, because it could potentially work really well.


  5. #25
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I think people like the idea of it, because it could potentially work really well.
    Yes, the idea is great. I'd LOVE to play a pokemon MMO that was as good as WoW/Guild Wars 2/ Rift, but I've learned not to get my hopes up, that way if I'm right, I won't be disappointed, but if I'm wrong, I still won't be disappointed.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome Helryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    557
    I'd come buckets if it was a gen 3 remake.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I don't understand why people want a pokemon MMO so bad. If one was created it would be targeted towards kids and most likely be developed by some no-name MMO company (pretty sure gamefreak has never made an MMO), it would have terrible chat filters, boring gameplay, awful graphics and just be bad in general.

    If you don't believe me, just take a look at the online trading card game.
    So many fallacies, so little time.

    First off, ALL the pokemon games have been targeted towards children, so why would you even mention that?

    Second, why would it be developed by a no-name MMO company? Classic "if you havn't done it, you can't do it" ignorance. Just because GameFreak has never made an MMO doesn't mean they cannot do it and never will.

    Terrible Chat Filters? Setting aside my personal belief that all chat filters are terrible*, this is the only 'valid' concern on that list.

    Boring gameplay? The gameplay is rote. It's already developed. Copy and paste into new game just like every other Pokemon game since Red/Blue (minor balance changes do not change the core gameplay).

    Awful graphics? It's largely a 2-D Sprites game now, and hopefully will stay that way. It's mighty hard to fuck up 2-D sprites (especially when, in some cases, you have over 10 already-made sprites you could re-use!).

    And just be bad in general? Pray tell, oh Great and Powerful Trixie Oz, how did you divine that knowledge? The natural conclusion to draw from your erroneous list?

    The Online Card Game? Because if one game that uses an IP is terrible ALL games that share that IP are terrible.



    * - I understand, as mentioned, it's a game "for children", but I happen to know someone whose son sat watching his father playing CoD (or some crappy game like that) and cursing up a storm while doing it. He (the son) turned to her (his mother) and said "I wish I could say bad words." It's called parenting. Fucking do it.

  8. #28
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    So many fallacies, so little time.

    First off, ALL the pokemon games have been targeted towards children, so why would you even mention that?

    Second, why would it be developed by a no-name MMO company? Classic "if you havn't done it, you can't do it" ignorance. Just because GameFreak has never made an MMO doesn't mean they cannot do it and never will.

    Terrible Chat Filters? Setting aside my personal belief that all chat filters are terrible*, this is the only 'valid' concern on that list.

    Boring gameplay? The gameplay is rote. It's already developed. Copy and paste into new game just like every other Pokemon game since Red/Blue (minor balance changes do not change the core gameplay).

    Awful graphics? It's largely a 2-D Sprites game now, and hopefully will stay that way. It's mighty hard to fuck up 2-D sprites (especially when, in some cases, you have over 10 already-made sprites you could re-use!).

    And just be bad in general? Pray tell, oh Great and Powerful Trixie Oz, how did you divine that knowledge? The natural conclusion to draw from your erroneous list?

    The Online Card Game? Because if one game that uses an IP is terrible ALL games that share that IP are terrible.



    * - I understand, as mentioned, it's a game "for children", but I happen to know someone whose son sat watching his father playing CoD (or some crappy game like that) and cursing up a storm while doing it. He (the son) turned to her (his mother) and said "I wish I could say bad words." It's called parenting. Fucking do it.
    Please take a look at any MMO developed with the target audience being children and then get back to me.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Please take a look at any MMO developed with the target audience being children and then get back to me.
    Prejudging a future project/product by past projects/products created by unrelated producers is about as useful as throwing darts to predict the weather. Please take a course in critical thinking and/or logic, and then get back to me.

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire cpillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    394
    I would enjoy a game SIMILAR to Pokemon Coliseum for the Wii U. I enjoyed the other two of those. Not really a fan of the whole "Shadow Pokemon" thing. If they made it like the handheld versions I would die happy.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,646
    I still dont see an Official MMO coming out for Pokemon unless its F2P which even then is unlikely. They make too much money off the franchise directly (as well as keeping their new handhelds constantly afloat) to redirect any money away from that.

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Prejudging a future project/product by past projects/products created by unrelated producers is about as useful as throwing darts to predict the weather. Please take a course in critical thinking and/or logic, and then get back to me.
    It's called making predictions, and it's been done since the beginning of time for everything. Maybe next time I should put a big flashing "WARNING: THESE ARE JUST PREDICTIONS" sign for people who obviously have no reading comprehension. Convince me that my predictions are unfounded and then get back to me.

  13. #33
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I still dont see an Official MMO coming out for Pokemon unless its F2P which even then is unlikely. They make too much money off the franchise directly (as well as keeping their new handhelds constantly afloat) to redirect any money away from that.
    Agree, Official Pokemon MMO would be shooting themselves in the foot, considering Pokemon is the big handheld seller.


  14. #34
    Hoping it's a new shadow pokemon game such as Collisuem or Gale of Darkness.

  15. #35
    With all the talk of a pokemon MMO in this thread I am surprised that no one has brought up the fan-made pokemon MMO.

    http://pokemmo.eu/

    You guys can thank me after you calm down from the nostalgia.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    It's called making predictions, and it's been done since the beginning of time for everything. Maybe next time I should put a big flashing "WARNING: THESE ARE JUST PREDICTIONS" sign for people who obviously have no reading comprehension. Convince me that my predictions are unfounded and then get back to me.
    I do believe I already did. Point-by-point in fact. You're welcome to read it again. And again, and again, and again, until you comprehend it. www.dictionary.com <-- use that for any big words I may have used which you don't understand.

  17. #37
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I do believe I already did. Point-by-point in fact. You're welcome to read it again. And again, and again, and again, until you comprehend it. www.dictionary.com <-- use that for any big words I may have used which you don't understand.
    Oh, you mean that laughable list of "arguments?" I've read it multiple times now, and all I can gather is that you have no idea what an MMO is.

  18. #38
    Gen 3 remake?

    Meh, G3 had more balanced pokemon and introduced neat mechanics but it wasn't as good as the other generations. Hoenn in my opinion was the worst region.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Oh, you mean that laughable list of "arguments?" I've read it multiple times now, and all I can gather is that you have no idea what an MMO is.
    Oh right, because so many of your pathetic predictions (I can be alliteratively insulting, too!) were so heavily rooted in the MMO structure of the game. :solemn nod: I've only been playing WoW for 8 years, and City of Heroes for 2 before that, with a smattering of Warhammer, EVE, and others. I clearly have no idea what is an MMO.

  20. #40
    Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    Hoping it's a new shadow pokemon game such as Collisuem or Gale of Darkness.
    That would probably be the only thing that would make me consider buying a Wii U.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •