Page 14 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

For the Fire-type. Just sayin'.

Just watched the "first trailer" as serebii put it, and it showed the three starters fighting pokemon. I presume they wouldn't give them random moves, so I think I have an idea of what the 2 moves each starter used were:
    Fire - Flamethrower, and something purple. Looked like Imprison, but I'm not sure. Might be Psychic or Ghost type.
    Grass - SolarBeam, and perhaps Night Slash (dark type).
    Water - Water Gun, and some melee attack where it attacked from all directions.

So it might be Grass-Dark, Fire-Ghost/Psychic, and Water-Fighting, like some have guessed.

(Combat starts at ~ 0:50)
    Sounds about right yeah, so I think we can assume, that untill further notice it's Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark and Water/Fight.

I want those typings to be used but I still have a few reservations.
    The grass type really just doesn't currently look like something that would evolve into a Dark type (though I suppose you can't really tell) and many people are associating Froakie with Japanese bandits, which implies Dark more than Fighting;
    "The white puffs on Froakie’s back seems to be a “furoshiki”. These are commonly seen on Japanese folklore’s portrayal of thieves, which wear said furoshiki upon their backs, using them to carry their loot, and tie them around their noses, hence Froakie’s white dots upon its nose/face."

However as a counterpoint that supports my original idea of Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark and Water/Fight, if Froakie is Water/Dark then you're either left with another Fire/Fighting pokemon (this one isn't even bipedal...) or a Water Pokemon that is doubly powerful against the Fire one, which seems very unlikely to me.
    It also seems unlikely that a quadrupedal fox will become a fighting type, and I suppose a bandit could technically still be Fighting rather than Dark, so I'd like to hope that my original proposition is the one that turns out to be true.

Or maybe they're none of the above and I am barking up the wrong tree completely :P

Deleted
    So...
    What exactly will be used to counter a Fire/Psychic or Ghost if the Water is Fighting?

Deleted
    Seems interesting, this new game. Will definitely buy it. I do feel the starters look retarded (well the fire one looks decent i guess), but thats just my opinion. Maybe they'll have better evolutions.

All in all, im pretty excited. Will get the one with the bird for sure :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    So...
    What exactly will be used to counter a Fire/Psychic or Ghost if the Water is Fighting?
    A Fire/Psychic will still be weak to Water attacks if you outspeed it as Water/Fighting.
    You would also be able to use Water attacks against a Ghost pokemon as they only deal Neutral damage to Fighting, not super effective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    So...
    Assuming the type rumours are right...

In the end it depends who outspeeds who.

Or who is bulkiest! If you can tank one super effective hit and then deal one back to a lower health pokemon you might still be able to win, especially with entry hazards.

Going faster is usually more reliable though.

Deleted
    Or that yeah. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Assuming the type rumours are right...

In the end it depends who outspeeds who.
    Exactly my thought. If that is true, then we don't have to look for a clear counter to our rival's starter, and we can pick our starter for what we like about them, rather than having to change our favourite team for it.
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2013-01-08 at 05:16 PM.

Now the real question.

Will scyther be given bugbite back?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

What is the big news? I can't find it in the first 7 pages of this thread.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    3d pokemon generation 6 has been announced.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Here you go:

You guys begged for it and complained for years about needing a 3D pokemon game, well here you are!

Its less than a year away and I need to figure out how to afford a 3DS

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD @_@ THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER AND ALL THE STARTERS WHILE WEIRD LOOKIN AL.L LOOK UNIQUE AND

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD IS THAT A DARK TYPE LEGENDARY? @_@

there are but three things in this world that makes me this excited doctor who and dw related stuff, kingdom hearts, and pokemon.

when one of those things get announced i become an eight year old at a beiber concert @_@

BTW ER MAH GAD DARK TYPE LEGENDARY GEN 6 3D ANFPAVGNFdasnV[ASDNJV P[IKdhnasV[LJAESWCV[LJasndeB V @+_@

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 12:54 PM ----------

And shut up and take my money @_@

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 12:55 PM ----------

ITS LIKE o-o ITS LIKE o-o THEY TOOK POKEMON STADIUM, AND BLACK AND WHITE, AND SUGAR AND SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE AND MIXED IT WITH MUTHA FIN CHEMICLE X @_@

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 12:58 PM ----------

ALSO YAS I HASS 3DS BUT no!!!!!! 3DS IS NAT GOOD ENOUGH NEED BIG SCREEN I BUY 3DS XL JUST FOR YOU MY PRECIOUSCE POKEMONZ @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    If the stag spreads her front legs it forms an X with her head, while the bird forms an Y with the tail and wings.
    There's also an X in the stags eye.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD @_@ THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER AND ALL THE STARTERS WHILE WEIRD LOOKIN AL.L LOOK UNIQUE AND

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD IS THAT A DARK TYPE LEGENDARY? @_@

there are but three things in this world that makes me this excited doctor who and dw related stuff, kingdom hearts, and pokemon.

when one of those things get announced i become an eight year old at a beiber concert @_@

BTW ER MAH GAD DARK TYPE LEGENDARY GEN 6 3D ANFPAVGNFdasnV[ASDNJV P[IKdhnasV[LJAESWCV[LJasndeB V @+_@

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 12:54 PM ----------

And shut up and take my money @_@

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 12:55 PM ----------

ITS LIKE o-o ITS LIKE o-o THEY TOOK POKEMON STADIUM, AND BLACK AND WHITE, AND SUGAR AND SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE AND MIXED IT WITH MUTHA FIN CHEMICLE X @_@

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 12:58 PM ----------

ALSO YAS I HASS 3DS BUT no!!!!!! 3DS IS NAT GOOD ENOUGH NEED BIG SCREEN I BUY 3DS XL JUST FOR YOU MY PRECIOUSCE POKEMONZ @_@
    Made me smile
    Thank you

I'll go with the sweeper type starter or if they all suck statwise (like last gen) I'll go with the water one as HM slave.
    Hopefully they're not completely useless without dreamworld this time.
    Lookwise I'd prefer Fennekin but two evolutions can change anything.
    From the legendaries I think I like the stag one more but I don't use Ubers so it doesn't matter much anyway.

I'm sooooo happy that they announced a new generation and not a remake though. <3 (mostly because I played all old editions already)
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Okay, a few simple questions.

Can you more "hardcore" Pokemon fans suggest me a fansite where I can follow news on this two new god sent pieces? <3

Also, if some one you watch the anime. Where do you watch them? Preferable in german, but english or russian is also okay. :P
    serebii is one of the best sites for pokemon news
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I'll go with the sweeper type starter or if they all suck statwise (like last gen) I'll go with the water one as HM slave.
    Hopefully they're not completely useless without dreamworld this time.
    Lookwise I'd prefer Fennekin but two evolutions can change anything.
    From the legendaries I think I like the stag one more but I don't use Ubers so it doesn't matter much anyway.

I'm sooooo happy that they announced a new generation and not a remake though. <3 (mostly because I played all old editions already)
    Coil / Leave Blade Serperior is awesome though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    serebii is one of the best sites for pokemon news
    www.serebii.net

Ahh!! This is amazing, I'm so pumped for October!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I hate to say it but...

It looks like you're still limited to moving in 4 directions, and the Pokemon battles look fairly traditional. I'mma wait for more details until I make any real decision.
    Why would they change the combat at all?