I'm curious as to what my friend safari is - anyone help me out?

1822 0338 2011

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I find the Frog with hidden ability really easy to beat, I'm playing a rain team at the moment and Protean changing its type lets me 1x it rather than 0.5x it which is gr8
    It is something that can be easily exploited. Play to it's strengths and hit it back hard. It will drop since it has paper for defenses.

Does anyone know of any kind of online/downloadable checklist for all the pokemon to easily keep track of what all you have caught?

So, I just got pokemon X last week, haven't played any game since Sapphire and I have a few questions (if you don't mind )

1. What is there to do after the League (besides the looker stuff (which was amazing btw))

2. What exactly are IVs, I've read about them online, but all i've read keep getting hung up on hidden bit values... All I want to know is, do they matter, how much do they matter ( %-vise difference between a poke with good IVs and one with bad IVs)

2a. the IV-rating guy.. I've gotten "decent all around" - "above average" - "Superior potensial" and "outstanding!" tested about 30 different pokemons, any other "ranks" than these?

3. I got Sapphire, HG and White, once that thing that comes online in december, would it be possible to get pokemons all the way from sapphire to my X game?

4. what is that thing that goes online in december? :P

5. Lokal mystery gift, how does it work?

6. any leaked plans for DLC?

I know this was a lot, and I'd appreciate an answer to even one of these

also, Friendkode: 5257-9535-0556
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    So, I just got pokemon X last week, haven't played any game since Sapphire and I have a few questions (if you don't mind )

1. What is there to do after the League (besides the looker stuff (which was amazing btw))

2. What exactly are IVs, I've read about them online, but all i've read keep getting hung up on hidden bit values... All I want to know is, do they matter, how much do they matter ( %-vise difference between a poke with good IVs and one with bad IVs)

2a. the IV-rating guy.. I've gotten "decent all around" - "above average" - "Superior potensial" and "outstanding!" tested about 30 different pokemons, any other "ranks" than these?

3. I got Sapphire, HG and White, once that thing that comes online in december, would it be possible to get pokemons all the way from sapphire to my X game?

4. what is that thing that goes online in december? :P

5. Lokal mystery gift, how does it work?

6. any leaked plans for DLC?

I know this was a lot, and I'd appreciate an answer to even one of these

also, Friendkode: 5257-9535-0556
    1.)Other than filling out the pokedex and training a team for competitive play, nope.

2.)IVs are hidden values that every pokemon is randomly assigned a number from 0-31 in each of there stats. For example, lets say a certain pokemon has stats of 269 hp, 255 attack and 255 speed at level 100, and this pokemon has 0 IVs in each one of those stats (completely random). Now lets say a different one, but same kind of pokemon, has stats of 300 hp, 286 attack, and 286. This pokemon has 31 IVs in each of those stats, essentially making this pokemon stronger than its counterpart. So IVs are extremely important when it comes to competitive play.

2a.)If he lists a certain stat then says "stats like those simply cant be beat" that means that stat has perfect IVs (31)

3.)I believe you would have to transfer your pokemon from saphire to one of the DS games before you can send it to the cloud.

4.)Its called the Pokemon Bank I think. Its essentially your personal cloud where you can save all your pokemon from the ds games to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaus View Post
    *snip*.
    Thanks a bunch!

Does anyone understand recoil damage at all?

I occasionally come down to a scenario where my last pokemon is Blaziken and I faint my opponent's last pokemon with Flare Blitz. Sometimes my Blaziken dies from the recoil damage, but if this occurs I receive the win. This has occurred many times.

Unfortunately, yesterday, the end result of a battle was my Blaziken Flare Blitz-ing a Ferrothorn and surviving the Iron Barbs with 2 health. I then lost the 2 health from Flare Blitz recoil damage, but my opponent received the win. Does anyone know why this occurred? (Ferrothorn DID die, and was not sashed as I had FBed him from 75% health).

I want to think the reason he won is because Iron Barbs was the last effect to deal damage, so he got victory priority over me even though he fainted first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Does anyone understand recoil damage at all?

I occasionally come down to a scenario where my last pokemon is Blaziken and I faint my opponent's last pokemon with Flare Blitz. Sometimes my Blaziken dies from the recoil damage, but if this occurs I receive the win. This has occurred many times.

Unfortunately, yesterday, the end result of a battle was my Blaziken Flare Blitz-ing a Ferrothorn and surviving the Iron Barbs with 2 health. I then lost the 2 health from Flare Blitz recoil damage, but my opponent received the win. Does anyone know why this occurred? (Ferrothorn DID die, and was not sashed as I had FBed him from 75% health).

I want to think the reason he won is because Iron Barbs was the last effect to deal damage, so he got victory priority over me even though he fainted first?
    Its the last damage dealt that counts.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

How is recoil damage calculated?

Usually my Tyrantrum takes 40 dmg from using head smash ("Terrible damage") And sometimes it's more than 100...

...Can the Recoil Damage crit? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    How is recoil damage calculated?

Usually my Tyrantrum takes 40 dmg from using head smash ("Terrible damage") And sometimes it's more than 100...

...Can the Recoil Damage crit? :s
    It's a percentage of the damage you do on the opposing pokémon.

If you're against a flimsy sharpedo and headsmash him and do 100 damage, you take 1/2 of that damage as recoil.
    If you're against a HP-tank like Blissey and headsmash it and do 400 damage, you still take 1/2 of that damage as recoil.

That means that the Sharpedo will recoil you 50 damage and the Blissey will recoil you 200 damage.

Deleted
    Is it just me, or does it take a lot longer to get all the badges?
    I played every generation so far and got my copy of Y last saturday and still only have 3 badges

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicktamere View Post
    Is it just me, or does it take a lot longer to get all the badges?
    I played every generation so far and got my copy of Y last saturday and still only have 3 badges
    It speeds up after the 4-5th.

I was actually disappointed by that, i was hoping the pace would be the same as the start and it'd take a while, but it wraps up pretty quickly.

Deleted
    Recently bought the new pokemon y , and i really like the GTS since its way easier to get pokemon who evolve only by trading.
    But why is the market so fucked up!!
    Like people asking legendary pokemon for a gastly or machop or whatever low level pokemon, or some stupid idiots who want to trade a lvl 30 certain pokemon for a lvl 30 yveltal , like wtf?? dude yveltal is lvl 50 and you can't get eggs with it , pretty much says enough in my book...

Just saying people should make more realistic trade's cause the other day i started a new game and was desprate to get a low lvl gastly but 90% of the market asked a legendary pokemon for it... And the other 10% asked lvl 50+ pokemon for it . iknow the market changes day from day , but goddamn people need to stop beeing retards and ask legendary's for a stupid a stupid pikachu in a mather of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    But why is the market so fucked up!!
    Pretty sure that has something to do with what the demographic of the game is.

If you search with "Don't Include" pretty much everyone who asks for legendarys will go away.

Deleted
    Is the only way to get Aggronite on Pokémon X to trade it with someone from Y? If so, what is a fair offer for the Aggronite?

What I really miss in the GTS is a search that you can do on which Pokémon you have that other people want.

Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    Is the only way to get Aggronite on Pokémon X to trade it with someone from Y? If so, what is a fair offer for the Aggronite?

What I really miss in the GTS is a search that you can do on which Pokémon you have that other people want.
    Yes. Aggronite is Y specific and you need to trade for it. No idea what would be a fair trade for it though.

A fair trade would be for Tyranitarite I think. I traded my manectricite for houndoomite at least.

Shinys, other mega stones you don't want, hard to catch pokemon, specific items etc etc.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i am waiting for a http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/ to start running. There will be a free trial period wich will enable me to transver from white to x/y ($4.99 after).
    In meentine i am doing this:

(http://3dscapture.com/ + old windows paint do the job well-----ok grafic is not the best when you save stuff in paint)

Also downside:
    If I transfer my Pokémon from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 to Pokémon Bank using Poké Transporter, can I later move them back to those games?

No, that is not possible. Pokémon moved to your online Boxes using Poké Transporter cannot be returned to Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Trading thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Y-Trading-Post

FC thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...C-codes/page59

Thought I'd get the trading thread going.

I'm looking for a chansey, and a decently bred Abra

can offer 4IV Growlithes and 5IV Eevees

Also looking for Tyrannite (or w/e makes Tyrannitar mega evolve) name your price,