Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, I was wrong aboue Eevee, but right about Gen 6. And this is even better. It looks awesome.
    Looks like we're still stuck with 3 directional movement, but the 3D world looks nice.

Also, October is earlier than I expected. Only a year after B/W 2.

Also, October is earlier than I expected. Only a year after B/W 2.
    I doubt they have the whole team dedicated to one game at a time, gen6 was prob in development about the same time B/w2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I doubt they have the whole team dedicated to one game at a time, gen6 was prob in development about the same time B/w2
    According to wikipedia, GameFreak consists of 71 people. Thats about as much you could dedicate to one project at a time, doubt there's much programming going on for more than 2 games at a time, especially since the two versions tend to have different events and places nowadays. Also, why have more than one team working on different projects if the life-span of a game is up to a year anyways?

Deleted
    Love the idea of the Grass starter. Chestnuts! Why has no one thought of that before? Hoping some higher evo will look like a hedgehog with a chestnut shell for his back spines.

Deleted
    YEEEES! this is a must buy for me

I wonder if this will include more / better normalization of older generation pokemon

420 base stat for a non evolver is just terrible. Esp when you keep nerfing their passives...

tactician scyther with bugbite cough cough
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Gen 6? For 3ds? Me gusta

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Gen 6? For 3ds? Me gusta
    Yowza, 6th gen already, that was pretty fast.... So uhm, are 3DS games playable on a regular DS?

Oh and seriously, if the Fire starter ends up as a fire/fight combo, then I'll personally nuke the Gamefreak HQ.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    Hoping it's a new shadow pokemon game such as Collisuem or Gale of Darkness.
    Lolwat? No, gross.

I was seriously hoping for a revival of Pokemon Stadium. Been craving Pokemon Stadium 3 since RSE were out. That super-convenient trading and storage system for items and pokemon was just the most amazing thing that I still use to this day when I occasionally play Gens 1 and 2 and we've yet to have something that full blown for 3-5.

Hell, I wouldn't even care if it was a console "game" where it was just the organization/storage for Items/Pokemon and allowing you to trade between them without the need of multiple GBAs/DSs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yowza, 6th gen already, that was pretty fast.... So uhm, are 3DS games playable on a regular DS?
    I've yet to hear of any system that was forwards compatible... Don't ask silly questions

Now if you magically could, Nintendo was pulling the biggest George Lucas ever. The original DS was made forever ago.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Lolwat? No, gross.

I was seriously hoping for a revival of Pokemon Stadium. Been craving Pokemon Stadium 3 since RSE were out. That super-convenient trading and storage system for items and pokemon was just the most amazing thing that I still use to this day when I occasionally play Gens 1 and 2 and we've yet to have something that full blown for 3-5.

Hell, I wouldn't even care if it was a console "game" where it was just the organization/storage for Items/Pokemon and allowing you to trade between them without the need of multiple GBAs/DSs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 08:40 AM ----------

I've yet to hear of any system that was forwards compatible... Don't ask silly questions
    You could play Gameboy Colour games on a regular Gameboy, though I guess there wasn't the biggest difference. Urgh means I'll have to buy a 3DS *mumble grumble* - However your other points are rendered invalid due to disliking Colliseum - fo shame! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You could play Gameboy Colour games on a regular Gameboy, though I guess there wasn't the biggest difference. Urgh means I'll have to buy a 3DS *mumble grumble* - However your other points are rendered invalid due to disliking Colliseum - fo shame! :P
    Well, you should have bought one anyways for the Fire Emblem game that comes out February. This is just a nice bonus.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    Well, you should have bought one anyways for the Fire Emblem game that comes out February. This is just a nice bonus.
    Never ever played Fire Emblem, all I know about the series is that a few of the characters appear in the Smash Bro's games :P

Last I tried to do that, no I couldn't.

I also distinctly remember getting an error message 15 years ago trying it on my Super Game Boy (GB emulator game for the SNES).

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    I bought mine purely for Paper Mario.

Needless to say, I regret ever picking up a 3DS. Haven't had a very enjoyable experience with it yet.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    The only truly GameBoy Colour Pokemon version was Crystal. Silver, Gold were still normal GameBoy games.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's apparantly Gen 6 (from looking at the trailer), worst name in history of pokemon games if you ask me: pokemon X and pokemon Y, don't even have a 3ds so meh, and no, I'm not hating on the game itself by the way, just the name of it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    It's apparantly Gen 6 (from looking at the trailer), worst name in history of pokemon games if you ask me: pokemon X and pokemon Y, don't even have a 3ds so meh, and no, I'm not hating on the game itself by the way, just the name of it.
    Its actually pretty great.

The pokemon universe has become very "creation myth" centric the past couple generations and the whole Sky father / Earth mother Y / X thing is pretty great. I will be interested to see what sort of lore they use to make their story.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

"in a breathtaking 3D world." Haha. Regardless of how good the games may have gotten I'm not interested in learning a bunch of new pokemon every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The only truly GameBoy Colour Pokemon version was Crystal. Silver, Gold were still normal GameBoy games.
    I distinctly recall the boxes of Gold and Silver saying "For Gameboy Colour". I also recall Silver working just fine on a regular gameboy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    "in a breathtaking 3D world." Haha. Regardless of how good the games may have gotten I'm not interested in learning a bunch of new pokemon every time.
    Well, Pokemon has been like this since..... forever. Even the anime starts with Ash just taking Pikachu with him into a new region. 700+ different Pokemon arent mendatory for me either, as long as I can play with my favourite ones. Its not like the time they take to create new ones has a dimishing effect on the previous Pokemon.

So it looks like the grass starter used a dark attack, the fire one used a psychic attack and the water might have used a fighting one. Wonder what that implies. I love that freaky lil frog.