Page 12 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I certainly hope so.

I would accept a pure fire type.
    Like old school charizard. That was so good to not take extra dmg from lightning and double from rock.
    but charizard is fire/flying >_>

Deleted
    Am i the only one who would rather just pick up my old pokemon red and play that? This looked incredible meh to me..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I certainly hope so.

I would accept a pure fire type.
    Like old school charizard. That was so good to not take extra dmg from lightning and double from rock.
    I'd love a fire/electric type, just because it could potentially look badass.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Furypie View Post
    Am i the only one who would rather just pick up my old pokemon red and play that? This looked incredible meh to me..
    Yes, now shoo :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Really hoping for Fire/Psychic starter, please GameFreak? ;__;

Quote Originally Posted by Furypie View Post
    You probably think that because of nostalgia or the lack of uniqueness these days. But you can't go wrong with a classic, so playing Red is fine too.

Also, I wish there would be a Psychic/Electric type. My two favorite types in one Pokémon, yes pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Really hoping for Fire/Psychic starter, please GameFreak? ;__;
    Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting is my gut feeling

Deleted
    Looks like Grass/???(Dark?) - Fire/Psychic - Water/Fight to me atm. Guess we'll have to wait a bit longer on that :P
    And I personally love the Grass starter, Water is 2nd and Fire is third atm, but that might change when the evolutions are known.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    I have been hoping for a game like "Red's journey" where you go through all the regions in one game.
    probably the best idea i have ever heard on mmo-champ ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo pokemon 5th generation (?)... I'm already getting tired of that, as Xalzel posted, there should be a pokemon game that ties all the pokemon world itself (AND FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD ADD ORANGE LEAGUE >: )

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    probably the best idea i have ever heard on mmo-champ ever
    Not really, I mean it sounds good on paper but then sit down and really think about it.
    6 regions * 8 gyms is 48 gym challenges and there is no way that will stay interesting for that long.
    Each region is already fairly big so there's an enormous amount of asset creation to do, not to mention you then need a story that can last through 48 gyms worth of game.
    Your pokemon already get to level 50-60 just from one region so you'll easily hit the level 100 cap before you are done even if exp gain is reduced drastically.

This game would take Nintendo an age to make, during which they couldn't make anything new, and then the result would simply be too big and would drag on and end up not really being all that enjoyable.

To be quite honest I prefer new pokemon games to remakes 100% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond and Pearl ... I want to pick up a 3DS XL and the newest Pokemon, do I need to play B&W 1 before 2? Or is it not a true sequel?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Woo pokemon 5th generation (?)... I'm already getting tired of that, as Xalzel posted, there should be a pokemon game that ties all the pokemon world itself (AND FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD ADD ORANGE LEAGUE >: )
    6th, and Orange league wasn't canon afaik (which is funny as it's the only thing Ash actually won )

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the Y in the bird, but i see a V or a Y in the Stag too...
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    6th, and Orange league wasn't canon afaik (which is funny as it's the only thing Ash actually won )
    he also beat the battle frontier but yeah im not to keen on any of these starers eh maybe the fox one idk id have to see there full evolution before this.......well it was bound to happen full 3d pokemon game

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    So I haven't played a Pokemon game since Diamond and Pearl ... I want to pick up a 3DS XL and the newest Pokemon, do I need to play B&W 1 before 2? Or is it not a true sequel?
    There's some references but from everything I heard you don't need to in order to understand the story (and who plays Pokemon for the story anyway? :P)
    I didn't buy it myself though, I don't like buying the in-between games that don't have a new pokemon generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I can see the Y in the bird, but i see a V or a Y in the Stag too...
    It has Xs for pupils, which is a bit silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    he also beat the battle frontier but yeah im not to keen on any of these starers eh maybe the fox one idk id have to see there full evolution before this.......well it was bound to happen full 3d pokemon game
    Yeah, they could all evolve to either look cool or... really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Not really, I mean it sounds good on paper but then sit down and really think about it.
    6 regions * 8 gyms is 48 gym challenges and there is no way that will stay interesting for that long.
    Each region is already fairly big so there's an enormous amount of asset creation to do, not to mention you then need a story that can last through 48 gyms worth of game.
    Your pokemon already get to level 50-60 just from one region so you'll easily hit the level 100 cap before you are done even if exp gain is reduced drastically.

This game would take Nintendo an age to make, during which they couldn't make anything new, and then the result would simply be too big and would drag on and end up not really being all that enjoyable.

To be quite honest I prefer new pokemon games to remakes 100% of the time.
    Its exactly the same as what we would have now and it would only just remove the need to change games at will, just the fact of not needed to change the game each time i want a new generation is appealing enough and i know it is for alot of people

Pokemon has never changed at all ever since it released, they only added new pokemon and new items, it's just like how Call of duty is the same every year besides a few tweaks here and there

Deleted
    I feel like they need to revamp the series, maybe some sort of pokemon extinction event. Keep the best 200 pokemon from all the previous games and add a few more. Replace EV training with cheaper vitamins that allow you to customise your pokemon without the pointless grind. Trading used to be fun when you were a kid linking up your gameboy at school but now it seems pointless and mechanical with online trading.

No it would not be as simple as sticking them together because the games were made on different systems.
    They would have to update every art asset to match the latest game and then remake every map.
    And you still didn't address any of the other reasons that it would be an awful idea :U

It would take vastly longer than making a new game with none of the benefits of being a new game because it would be the same as playing games that we already own and would be a drawn-out and boring marathon as a single package.
    48 gym challenges.

They only add new Pokemon? Why is that a negative point?
    The Pokemon are the entire reason anyone is playing the game.

Boooooo I was really hoping for a new Pokemon Stadium or Snap for WiiU ... Oh well, maybe if the 3D Version of the game is more popular then the normal stuff they might realise people love the full on 3D models, animations etc and might start considering a Stadium/Snap.

I can validate buying a WiiU because of a Pokemon release, because there's tons of other awesome Nintendo Exclusives, but I just cannot validate buying a 3DS purely for Pokemon

Still looks damn cool though!