Page 61 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mega Gengar's got a Jagan Eye!
    I'm getting more excited for this game as I see more leaks for it. I told myself I wasn't going to spoil anything, but that didn't work out very well. I didn't realize just how soon the games would be out though, so that's even more exciting. Can't wait to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    im suprised it took em this long to come up with a series extending mechanic like mega evolving

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Holy fuck?! So I can get a level 5 Charmander and a Level 5 Froakie at the same time?
    You don't have to compensate for your starters weakness anymore btw (just said this because froakie = water type = grass type weakness and charmander counters grass, it might not be your intention, but I'm just saying :P) because The last evolutions of the starters have a secondary counter type towards their counter. Froakies last evolution is water/dark while Fennekins evolution is fire/psychic and Chespins evolution is Grass/Fighting. So they all counter eachother.

Water/dark or grass/fighting seems like such cool typings

Can only think off that shark pokemon and Brelom at the top off my head.

Still not sure what I would pick really.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    You don't have to compensate for your starters weakness anymore btw (just said this because froakie = water type = grass type weakness and charmander counters grass, it might not be your intention, but I'm just saying :P) because The last evolutions of the starters have a secondary counter type towards their counter. Froakies last evolution is water/dark while Fennekins evolution is fire/psychic and Chespins evolution is Grass/Fighting. So they all counter eachother.
    Technically they dont counter. They actually make their type advantages redundant by doubling them.

Fennekin Chespin Froakie Fennekin
    Fire > Grass > Water > Fire
    Psychic > Fighting > Dark > Psychic
    I will never understand why it was neccessary doing it this way. Surely they couldve thought of different designs and compensated to have an actual counter balance.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-10-07 at 11:15 AM.

Kay, bring on X / Y now...Caved inn and went the non-legit way to get the last pokemon I wanted before release...Never more hidden grotto farming for dragonite again yay :& That shit ranks straight up to one off the worst grinds I've done for a game outside off wow.

The total list off junk items (with average 7-10 minutes pr. item spwan)

12 pokeballs
    6 repels
    5 growth Mulch
    5 Damp Mulch
    3 Big Mushrooms
    4 Super Repels
    9 tiny mushrooms
    3 Great balls
    5 Gooey Mulch
    1 Stable Mulch

....What a bore! Pokemon is maybe marketed for kids age 6-12, but I don't think they would go trough such a grind
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    They've all been hiding here I think
    Shh! It's our carefully hidden sanctuary.

It'll be a slow week, waiting, waiting... waiting.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I will never understand why it was neccessary doing it this way. Surely they couldve thought of different designs and compensated to have an actual counter balance.
    I'm not sure if this is true but I think it's meant to represent that wizard beats warrior, warrior beats rogue (or in this case ninja), and rogue/ninja beats wizard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Chespin is Grass/Dark and Froakie is Water/Fighting or else the whole point of each starter having a weakness and a strength towards the others was completely pointless, because Chespin will fuck Froakie up and Froakie will destroy Fennekin and Fennekin will be super underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    The whole point of the type triangle is that one has the advantage over another, if it all evened out they might as well give out 3 normal type starters. Although at this point I'd welcome a deviation from the stale old formula.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I'm pretty sure Chespin is Grass/Dark and Froakie is Water/Fighting or else the whole point of each starter having a weakness and a strength towards the others was completely pointless, because Chespin will fuck Froakie up and Froakie will destroy Fennekin and Fennekin will be super underpowered.
    Nope, according to this pokemon forum's leaks they're exactly as I listed them.

Enter at own risk, there are A LOT of spoilers there, although hid with the spoiler button.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-10-07 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, according to this pokemon forum's leaks they're exactly as I listed them.

Enter at own risk, there are A LOT of spoilers there, although hid with the spoiler button.
    In the site you listed he doesn't show any pictures with their typings. In fact he shows their move sets and Chesnaught has Bite which is, of course, a dark type move. I'm not saying it's 100%, but it's more valid than your post where the guy just assume that Chesnaught is Grass/Fighting without proof.

In the site you listed he doesn't show any pictures with their typings. In fact he shows their move sets and Chesnaught has Bite which is, of course, a dark type move. I'm not saying it's 100%, but it's more valid than your post where the guy just assume that Chesnaught is Grass/Fighting without proof.
    Sure, go ahead and doubt the guys posting screenshots of the actual game.

And having bite isn't indicative of type. The number of non-dark type pokemon that learn bite outweighs the number that are dark type. Even fucking squirtle learns bite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know they don't show the typings, but I reckoned the moveset would be enough. Besides, it's sort of logical for Greninja to be dark type, you know... considering the ninja-like resemblances. Chesnaught kind of looks like a wrestler/warrior with a gigantic shield on his back. Delphox is also extremely obvious because it's a witch-like pokemon.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Too slow Yakobro!
    It's a different image!

It adds more proof!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Sure, go ahead and doubt the guys posting screenshots of the actual game.

And having bite isn't indicative of type. The number of non-dark type pokemon that learn bite outweighs the number that are dark type. Even fucking squirtle learns bite.
    In all fairness, Bite wasn't a dark move untill gen 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    ....What a bore! Pokemon is maybe marketed for kids age 6-12, but I don't think they would go trough such a grind
    Oh they would, I remember playing pokemon blue on my brick of a gameboy all the time, played through it a ton and never realized how much I actually grinded in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    In all fairness, Bite wasn't a dark move untill gen 2.
    Irrelevant. There are still plenty of pokemon from Gen 2 and after that aren't dark type that learn bite.