Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Putting Pokemon X or Y on my x-mas list, along with a 3DS XL. Ohh and buying a 2DS for my kid when he's old enough, those things are genious!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think I've all but given up playing Pokemon Y now, I wasn't expecting the game to end so abrubtly after the Elite Four, previously you had a proper post-game and in Gold you even had a whole other set of badges to collect and another Pokemon League.
    That's the reason why SSilver is atm still my fav pokemon game. The endgames were great with the 16 badges + Red. Hoping for another game that includes Sinnoh and Hoenn or something similar.

Other than that the whole breeding and teambuilding has been the endgame for Pokemon games. Contests similar to Gen 3 were neat to work towards as well.

Im just dissapointed they have no end-game like inn BW2, that worked good.

No trains, no PWT and so on. I swear, the first time I beat champions inn PWT it was down to a single hit, miss or loss. Now thats exciting, and mind you I was also back then using pretty good trained pokemons, witch you really need to have for doing all off PWT. Even now days I can still loss inn PWT when I take a game or two.

@ About breeding; Its not so hard as it seems, its just the first one that sucks, but then you got the ball going...Ofcourse if you wan't really good IV's you are gonna do alot off work, personally I don't care much for that...Im fine with something okay like say 31 IV attacks if I made a physical sweeper, and no terrible speed IV like below 10.

Here's how I went about with my first (Heliolisk):

1. Catch a few ralts>Make ralts egg's for synchronizer modest, adamant, jolly, timid nature etc. One time thing only this first time.

2. Now go out and catch a decent IV Heliolisk, that has a 50% chance off the nature being correct cause off synchronizer.

3. Now you got a heliolisk with average IV's, correct nature. Now give it everstone, so all egg's spwans with modest nature.

4. Get a pokemon with good IV's to breed it with. This can also be another modest heliolisk.

5. Skip 3 and 4. Catch a heliolisk straigth from the wild, hoping the IV's we're okay. I have done this before, and its okay.

6. Now make egg's with the modest female heliolisk holding everstone + The good IV male pokemon holding Destiny knot, its nature dosen't matter. Actually gender dosen't matter if you breed the same pokemons together, but if you didn't it did matter

7. Have flamebody inn your team. I suggest volcarona, cause it can also learn fly.

8. Every 5 egg's you hatch now, you go to the IV person, so it can valuate them for you. This is why volcarona is nice, for fly.

9. If you make a decent pokemon under 1 full box off egg's, witch is useally where I stop. so I'm not to bored, then good for you. Else you can just be happy with an OK one, like I useally am.

10. Use the new supertraining for EV's...Easy and fast. And then look up movepools etc. Ofcourse you did this as you decided what pokemon you wanted ^^
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-10-29 at 11:32 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think I've all but given up playing Pokemon Y now, I wasn't expecting the game to end so abrubtly after the Elite Four, previously you had a proper post-game and in Gold you even had a whole other set of badges to collect and another Pokemon League. Going to be honest the whole breed and train the ultimate team thing doesnt interest me so much, especially with there being no motivation to do it.

It was a decent game, nice to see the updated graphics but overall I think it was a pretty average experience as a Pokemon game, they didn't really get the ball rolling on taking it forward enough.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by gildra View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this about the game.
    Been pretty common complain few days after release by now. I can't even renember if I played it more than 5 hours last week. Don't even think I'm gonna play this week barely. Just nothing to strive for, just like I feelt with Soulsilver.

Terrible lvling, no end-game content, story all done 2-3 hours after you beat the champion etc. It seems X / Y went way to short on time/money inn the end imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

Terrible lvling, no end-game content, story all done 2-3 hours after you beat the champion etc. It seems X / Y went way to short on time/money inn the end imo.
    it's been the easiest in the series, just a bit slower because how the exp is given but it's way much easier then before, but i agree with you on everything else, they spent too much time focusing on the "e-sport" side of pokemon with this generation, though i feel that most of the blow-back of "being bored" is mostly caused by not having our collections from the previous generation

/Armchair dev time
    So, now that the dust has settled, if you were in charge of development, what would you have done to change X/Y and/or the inevitable Z/ZX/ZY versions?
    Some of the Megas just seemed like they'd be better of as normal Evolutions(Pinsir, Manetric, Houndoom, Bannette, et cetera, scaling down stats from their current psuedo levels for obvious reasons)I'd put in their places megas of Underused or gimped Pokemon so some people actually might bat an eye at them.Change the EXP share so you could choose to share EXP with 1, 2 , or all yer Pokemon instead only the last option.

Change some typings(You dun goofed making Mega Gyrados Water/Dark instead of Water/Dragon) and retroactively make a few more Pokemon part Fairy.Actual honest to god Gym/Champion rematches, Have the dungeons for Zygarde/Mewtwo actually be dungeons, instead of rooms.Actual 3D models of the NPC trainers instead of portraits when you fight them.
    All that just came off the top of my head as I was going to bed last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    it's been the easiest in the series, just a bit slower because how the exp is given but it's way much easier then before, but i agree with you on everything else, they spent too much time focusing on the "e-sport" side of pokemon with this generation, though i feel that most of the blow-back of "being bored" is mostly caused by not having our collections from the previous generation
    I felt this gen got the same treatment as Cataclysm, focusing most of their resources on one part(3D/Redoing Old World) and and not having enough for the rest(Post E4/80-85 leveling, endgame raiding)all that's my opinion though.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2013-10-29 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post

I felt this gen got the same treatment as Cataclysm, focusing most of their resources on one part(3D/Redoing Old World) and and not having enough for the rest(Post E4/80-85 leveling, endgame raiding)all that's my opinion though.
    I feel this way aswell.

Personally what made BW and then BW2 even better, was besides a good story/game, there was also good ammounts off pokemons that we're interesting, and end-game after pokemon league was somewhat challenging.

Shink@ Lvling inn BW2 was ALOT faster. I could easly get a pokemon to level 75, from low levels very fast. And once 85 I would just use rare candies for the last hard bit cause off breeder stadium bug. No propor way to level inn X / Y - Sure lvling was easy while playing the game...I don't care for that at all trough.

Shink@ Lvling inn BW2 was ALOT faster. I could easly get a pokemon to level 75, from low levels very fast. And once 85 I would just use rare candies for the last hard bit cause off breeder stadium bug. No propor way to level inn X / Y - Sure lvling was easy while playing the game...I don't care for that at all trough.

i said it was a bit slower then other generations but leveling a party at the same time pretty much beats anything, thats why i said "easier"

the battle-chateau is the absolute best place to level @ it's max rank (level 80+ with the black invitation)

Forgot to mention the Audino trainers that show up from time to time @ the chateau
    Last edited by Shink; 2013-10-29 at 09:12 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    After finishing the game once, head to Laverre City and speak with a ex-Team Flare person walking around in the town; he'll give you one Dusk Stone.
    That's pretty lame. It doesn't make sense to give you an item after end game when multiple Pokemon can use it prior to end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's pretty lame. It doesn't make sense to give you an item after end game when multiple Pokemon can use it prior to end game.

http://serebii.net/xy/supertraining.shtml

Secret Super Training

If you are using a Pokémon who has got maximum Effort Values, you will gain access to Secret Super Training. This mode gives you 12 more mini-games to play, with increasing difficulty. However, these games give you more than just bags for core training, they also have a chance of giving you rare items. These items range from items such as Clever Wing, to evolution stones These items are rare and depend upon how well you complete. You can also get various healing items, items such as Stardust and hold items such as Hard Stone.

The Troubles Keep On Coming: Wing Items
    The Leaf Stone Cup Begins!: Leaf Stone
    The Fire Stone Cup Begins!: Fire Stone
    The Water Stone Cup Begins!: Water Stone
    Follow Those Fleeing Goals!: Thunder Stone
    Watch Out! That's One Tricky Second Half: Dusk Stone
    An Opening of Lightning-Quick Attacks!: Shiny Stone
    These Long Shots Are No Long Shot: Dawn Stone
    Scatterbug Lugs Back: Wings
    A Barrage of Bitbots: Wings
    Drag Down Hydreigon: Moon Stone, Sun Stone
    The Battle for the Best: Version X/Y: All of the above
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-10-29 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard stone?? I hate those stones. They sell for 50 pokedolars (or 500 if you went to the guy up in BW).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

@ About breeding; Its not so hard as it seems, its just the first one that sucks, but then you got the ball going...Ofcourse if you wan't really good IV's you are gonna do alot off work, personally I don't care much for that...Im fine with something okay like say 31 IV attacks if I made a physical sweeper, and no terrible speed IV like below 10.

Here's how I went about with my first (Heliolisk):

1. Catch a few ralts>Make ralts egg's for synchronizer modest, adamant, jolly, timid nature etc. One time thing only this first time.

2. Now go out and catch a decent IV Heliolisk, that has a 50% chance off the nature being correct cause off synchronizer.

3. Now you got a heliolisk with average IV's, correct nature. Now give it everstone, so all egg's spwans with modest nature.

4. Get a pokemon with good IV's to breed it with. This can also be another modest heliolisk.

5. Skip 3 and 4. Catch a heliolisk straigth from the wild, hoping the IV's we're okay. I have done this before, and its okay.

6. Now make egg's with the modest female heliolisk holding everstone + The good IV male pokemon holding Destiny knot, its nature dosen't matter. Actually gender dosen't matter if you breed the same pokemons together, but if you didn't it did matter

7. Have flamebody inn your team. I suggest volcarona, cause it can also learn fly.

8. Every 5 egg's you hatch now, you go to the IV person, so it can valuate them for you. This is why volcarona is nice, for fly.

9. If you make a decent pokemon under 1 full box off egg's, witch is useally where I stop. so I'm not to bored, then good for you. Else you can just be happy with an OK one, like I useally am.

10. Use the new supertraining for EV's...Easy and fast. And then look up movepools etc. Ofcourse you did this as you decided what pokemon you wanted ^^
    You could make it even easier by finding someone with a ditto in the friend safari. Having 3 Perfect IVs (maybe 4-5 if ur lucky) guaranteed is extremely useful for breeding. With that and destiny knot, getting 5 IVs doesn't take long. Getting the 2 pokemon with 5 IVs and destiny knot will allow you to mass produce the same 5 IV pokemon to trade with others or to breed under the same egg grp and enjoy the breeding shortcut.

If you want perfect IVs, well you have a bit less than 1/31 (0.5% I believe) chances in getting it; if ur crossing 2 5IV parents.Higher chance than previous gen by a long shot.

X/Y breeding is far easier than it was in Gen 4 I remembered. Destiny knot is a god send and atm my X/Y team is beating the pants of my SS team in terms of stats.
    Last edited by kail; 2013-10-30 at 07:05 AM.

So i'm getting my sister a 3ds for her bday on monday and was just wondering, is there any major difference between X and Y apart from the legendaries? Yes, even though im buying it for her, im the one whos gonna play.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

I would go with x because you have much better ones to get. Not sure if there are any zone changes like in black and white.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I see, thanks. Is it possible to get the Y exclusives through trading? Tyranitar was and is a personal favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You could make it even easier by finding someone with a ditto in the friend safari. Having 3 Perfect IVs (maybe 4-5 if ur lucky) guaranteed is extremely useful for breeding. With that and destiny knot, getting 5 IVs doesn't take long. Getting the 2 pokemon with 5 IVs and destiny knot will allow you to mass produce the same 5 IV pokemon to trade with others or to breed under the same egg grp and enjoy the breeding shortcut.

If you want perfect IVs, well you have a bit less than 1/31 (0.5% I believe) chances in getting it; if ur crossing 2 5IV parents.Higher chance than previous gen by a long shot.

X/Y breeding is far easier than it was in Gen 4 I remembered. Destiny knot is a god send and atm my X/Y team is beating the pants of my SS team in terms of stats.
    Sure ditto trick is great, but not easy getting that ditto

Pokemon Wonder Trade stories!

My first experience with Wonder Trade was a good one. I caught some random pokemon, and I put it up for trade. I was given a Vulpix (Level 1, clearly bred.) Along the way, if I caught what was listed as a "Rare" find on Bulbapedia I would throw it up for wonder trade, subsequently the pokemon I was given - Tentacool, Litleo(Bred), Litleo(Bred), Scatterbug, Sneasal, and Honedge.

After I got these trades, I put it my head to go find a Ditto, and then do something nice to those who traded bred Pokemon, and maybe even help someone out along the way!

I bred Charmanders out, 6 of them, out of the egg, ready to go, one with 11 health, and 6 on all its stats. I plan on doing this every couple days or so... The next time I breed out six, I'm doing Zoroark, (Zorua), and I'm sending them away.

The results of tonight's set of 6, was -

Farfetch'd - Electrike - Lunatone - Combee (Bred) - Growlithe (Bred) - Lunatone

I have a Vespiquen, but I was super happy with the Growlithe. I'd like to see some more stories of Wonder Trade, good, bad, or neutral!

{I'll be posting the results of the Zorua Wonder Trade 6 when I do it.}

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

Was on a breeding spree of Bagons and Ditrinis with no luck so I wonder traded them all. More or less got crap till the end I scored a pokemon with pokerus. I plan to give it to some of my reject bred pokemon and wonder trading them off.

I was breeding Torchics and really needed a female with speed boost ability to speed things up (pun not intended). Anyway I decided to wonder trade one of my 3 IV Torchics as opposed to releasing it and what did I get. A 3 IV Female Torchic with Speed boost. Probably halved the time it would normally have taken to get the 5 IV torchic