Thread: Undead Druid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Dwarf Shaman and Tauren Paladins threw any sort of reasonable race restrictions out the window.

    So why not.

    Honestly at this point since they allow certain ludicrous combinations already, they might as well remove all restrictions and let any race be any class.
    Undead hunters would have been a better example. Wildhammers have always been shamanistic, so dorf shamans fit just fine, while Sunwalkers are a bit iffy(i'd buy them had they started their origin story earlier, but them just suddenly popping up because a stupid dragon burned a few continents?)
    Undead hunters on the other hand? How do they even manage to keep their pet from running off?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Undead hunters on the other hand? How do they even manage to keep their pet from running off?
    I'd imagine what any other hunter does, w/e it may be...?

    What's hard to get around the idea of undead hunters? There's human hunters is there not...?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Undead hunters on the other hand? How do they even manage to keep their pet from running off?
    By training them. Duh.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 03:55 AM ----------

    @OP: I mean, there's no real technical limitation behind any class/race combo in the game. Worgen and Goblin already have monk animations, Orcs could be priests and Draenei could be rogues, most of the class/race restrictions are made for lore purposes.

    As others have pointed out, Tauren aren't paladins, they're Sunwalkers, and the dwarves have been reunited, so you have Dark Iron warlocks and Wild Hammer shamans. Druidism has never really been anything amongs Lordaereon humans, so naturally, it isn't something that would've fallen onto the Forsaken.

    The difference between Druidism and Shamanism, and the Arcane is that the spirit of nature has to accept you. I don't think the Cenarion Circle, nor mother nature itself would be so willing to bring in Forsaken into its ranks (or allow them its power for the latter). Same thing with Forsaken paladins. The light itself would most likely be extremely reluctant to allow its power to be wielded by the very thing its used to destroy.

    This same argument was had when someone brought asked why worgen and goblin couldn't be monks. It's definitely possible for one to argue that any race could be any class or that any factional culture would allow any class (since Tauren CAN be rogues, but Bloodhoof taurens forbid it, and that's what you play) but it's Blizzard's decision on what they think is best for the game and its story.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2013-01-05 at 09:59 AM.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  4. #24
    Not until I get my Blood Elf Druid! :>

    However, thinking about how this could work for a second, the undead would probably never join the cenarion circle. Undead Druids would probably be plaguemancers, growing the plague mushrooms for the rumoured forsaken plague of death. Remember the plague "greenhouse" in Naxxramas? I can see The Undercity's sewers being overgrown in plagued fungus and being where the undead Druid faction reside.
    Currently flailing around, mid-bubble, in order to heal the WoD content with his new main. Thank the light for Lay on Hands, right?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I'd imagine what any other hunter does, w/e it may be...?

    What's hard to get around the idea of undead hunters? There's human hunters is there not...?
    The problem is how animals react to undead. Most will just run away at first opportunity, the rest will go berserk on them.

  6. #26
    Undead hunters makes enough sense to me. This 'bond' with the animal description of them really really needs to die although there are enough animals I would see able to make a pact with the dead a.k.a. pretty much everything that isn't furry. Even in the warcraft universe hunters aren't always animal users. The hunter class really needs to get out of that primarily nightelf classification.
    Dwarf shaman actually would have more sense than the draenai shaman, but I guess they wanted to do the class trade with the new races in TBC.

    oh and btw this is how far gnome druids make sense:


  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    No it didnt, Taurens are Sunwalkers not paladins... its basically a new class that was brought into the game but with exactly paladin abilities.
    Dwarf Shaman however wouldnt be impossible, as wildhammer dwarves are quite close in touch with the nature. (they ride gryphons aswell)

    But undead druid is stupid, undeads are originally from the plague itself that infects not only people but every living thing. Hence EPL and WPL look entirely like undeath lands.
    It wouldnt even work, druids get their power by calling from the nature, urging plants and stuff to share them their power.

    Its not possible to extract this power, or any power from dead plants. And they would not be able to heal because dead nature doesnt have any healing powers.
    Blight druids. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core...s/blight-druid
    I honestly don't see why the undead can't be Druids. Death is a large part of nature. A vital part, if you'll forgive my pun. The Undead aren't truly dead, of course, they are in between. But that doesn't necessarily stop them from becoming druids.

    Of course, undead druids would just be so incredibly rare that Blizzard shouldn't bother adding them to the game. Like, for instance, human druids. Or gnome shamans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    @OP: I mean, there's no real technical limitation behind any class/race combo in the game. Worgen and Goblin already have monk animations, Orcs could be priests and Draenei could be rogues, most of the class/race restrictions are made for lore purposes.

    As others have pointed out, Tauren aren't paladins, they're Sunwalkers, and the dwarves have been reunited, so you have Dark Iron warlocks and Wild Hammer shamans. Druidism has never really been anything amongs Lordaereon humans, so naturally, it isn't something that would've fallen onto the Forsaken.

    The difference between Druidism and Shamanism, and the Arcane is that the spirit of nature has to accept you. I don't think the Cenarion Circle, nor mother nature itself would be so willing to bring in Forsaken into its ranks (or allow them its power for the latter). Same thing with Forsaken paladins. The light itself would most likely be extremely reluctant to allow its power to be wielded by the very thing its used to destroy.
    Not quite true.
    The Light, for instance, isn't a sentient entity. It's not an entity at all, actually. Anyone with enough willpower, conviction and a strong sense of connection to the cosmos can wield the Light.
    As for Druidism: It's a bit like it. You need to feel connected to nature, and know its tricks. But nature isn't sentient, either.
    Shamanism works in different ways. Some shamans curry favour with the Elements, and are granted their powers. Other shamans work much like Warlocks do; they enslave Elemental creatures, and bind them to their wills. Other shamans again, like Magatha Grimtotem, are born with the powers of the Elements coursing through their veins. They need not bargain for their powers, nor force other creatures to hand those to them.
    Last edited by Stir; 2013-01-06 at 04:36 AM.

  8. #28
    Would be lame IMO. I actually wish druids were still only NE and Tauren.

  9. #29
    Blademaster Kronic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    27
    If they add Undead Druids, other races will want something. Undead Druids....Panda Druids (Garfield the Fat Druid?!). As interesting as this may sound, it would cause Blizzard to do sooo much extra work and you know how they feel about more work.

  10. #30
    Over 9000! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    9,017
    The Flight Form would look cool I bet.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Dwarf Shaman and Tauren Paladins threw any sort of reasonable race restrictions out the window.

    So why not.

    Honestly at this point since they allow certain ludicrous combinations already, they might as well remove all restrictions and let any race be any class.
    Dwarf shamans have been around like forever except not playable , taurens got some good lore to back them up as pala's,
    nothing ludicrous going on there really.

  12. #32
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Haté View Post
    "It's not a bad idea because it sounds cool"

    Can't argue with that.
    Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Dwarf Shaman and Tauren Paladins threw any sort of reasonable race restrictions out the window.
    Wait wait wait, dwarf shamans are quite fine. They definitely fit more than mages and priests. Kinda geomancers, storm and earth are dwarf stuff.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

  13. #33
    Mechagnome Twisted Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - God's Own Country!
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Gnome druids would've been better. I mean they would have mechanical animals that they would "pilot". Would've been the best ever.
    This is the most amazing thing I have ever heard! I would let horde have druids for all their races if Alliance got this!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •