1. #1

    Red Black crystals; An arguement

    Ok.

    Red-Black Crystals on republic side. Not easily obtainable right?

    Black-Blue are the republic equivalents. Even they are not something you walk up and get. disregarding getting all the way to level 50 first, you still have to do flashpoints for awhile to get up to the level of gear needed for the flashpoints/ops that drop rakata gear. Then you have to win a roll on the right item to get a crystal.

    Even then the flashpoints that drop rakata gear (cept the lost island chest) are not in group finder meaning you need to either be in an active guild or spam chat forever.

    This means that you need to have a level 50 on both factions and the imp one needs to be fairly successful at flashpoints/ops. Then you need to get gear then somehow get an unbound piece with a crystal and send it to a level 50 on the republic side.

    Overall not an easy task.

    YET in general chat people were calling me stupid for saying red-black crystals were hard to get on republic side. Was I being trolled? Was there just an abundance of idiots on fleet that day? or is there some secret red-black crystal on republic side they were too stupid to mention?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Then you need to get gear then somehow get an unbound piece with a crystal and send it to a level 50 on the republic side.
    No.

    All you have to do is have the BOA bowcaster from the fall event.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    No.

    All you have to do is have the BOA bowcaster from the fall event.
    What is the fall event? If it only happens one time a year then it's not that easy either.

    That would be like saying having the Brewfest Ram is easy or the headless horseman mount in WoW.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    What is the fall event? If it only happens one time a year then it's not that easy either.

    That would be like saying having the Brewfest Ram is easy or the headless horseman mount in WoW.
    It was 30 tokens.

    As someone who farmed the headless horseman mount unsuccessfully for years, how dare you compare it to a evening of afking in the fleet.
    ps: it was the rakghoul event
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-01-04 at 11:40 PM.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    It was 30 tokens.

    As someone who farmed the headless horseman mount unsuccessfully for years, how dare you compare it to a evening of afking in the fleet.
    ps: it was the rakghoul event
    I had the Horsemans Mount. I could easily say it was easy to get but I don't because I know it was just luck and timng that I got it so soon in my WoW career.

    You could say the red-black crystal is "easy at a certain time" but overall its not easy if it only comes from one item that is availiable one time a year. Otherwise it is extremely hard to get. I could not get it right now that easily could I?
    I wouldn't say a Black Green crystal is easy to come by so a red Black Crystal isn't easy either (for republic side).

    Even on the imp side I wouldn't clasify a red-bblack crystal as "easy" to get.

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    It was 30 tokens.

    As someone who farmed the headless horseman mount unsuccessfully for years, how dare you compare it to a evening of afking in the fleet.
    ps: it was the rakghoul event
    p.p.s. It was the Gree event from august. Rakghoul event didn't have any weapons, just the green/black crystal and other fluff.

    OP, you're right, it is not easy to get if you don't have the Bowcaster.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    p.p.s. It was the Gree event from august. Rakghoul event didn't have any weapons, just the green/black crystal and other fluff.
    right. gree acquisition crap.

    God that was underwhelming.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    p.p.s. It was the Gree event from august. Rakghoul event didn't have any weapons, just the green/black crystal and other fluff.
    Explains why I know nothing about it. I wasn't playing the game at that time.

    Was it as easy as afking on the fleet waiting for people to blow up around you?

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Explains why I know nothing about it. I wasn't playing the game at that time.
    You didn't miss much lol. I liked the event a lot but it was very short/small in size compared to the previous Rakghoul one.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I wouldn't say a Black Green crystal is easy to come by so a red Black Crystal isn't easy either (for republic side).

    Even on the imp side I wouldn't clasify a red-bblack crystal as "easy" to get.
    Easy, yes simply because it didn't take much effort. Simple? No because you may never be able to get one again.

    As for the Red-Black crystal not being easy....EV and HH HM are pretty damn easy.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Easy, yes simply because it didn't take much effort. Simple? No because you may never be able to get one again.

    As for the Red-Black crystal not being easy....EV and HH HM are pretty damn easy.
    Still that is for the imp side, getting and then using it on the republic side makes it a bit tougher, therefore past easy.

    If it was easy there would be a lot more people using it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Still that is for the imp side, getting and then using it on the republic side makes it a bit tougher, therefore past easy.

    If it was easy there would be a lot more people using it.
    My response was to the second line that I quoted from you not on how easy or tough it is to get those on the Pub side.

    Also, from what I can tell, you can buy the PvP black-red crystals from the Imp PvP vendor (not sure if still possible, but it was). Other than that, I'm not sure it's possible to get a black-red PvE crystal on Pub side.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2013-01-05 at 02:06 PM.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,836
    I still have a irrational fear of that crystal from gearing up at the end of 1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    Stereotypes
    Destiny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •