Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    I definitely enjoyed doing FPs, Heroics and WBs in my short period of playing the game so yeah, I can imagine operations are definitely for me. Kinda not interested in PVP at all lol. Do I lose/miss out on anything by not getting into PVP well, at all lol? I just kinda wanna quest, group, craft, sell, get rich and look hot
    No you don't miss out on anything. If you really are as engaged as you say, I would also recommend subscribing. If you are that ready to throw your money at the company (biting my tongue here) you should just do it in $15 increments to have the whole game available to you.

Use that time to earn credits and buy unlocks for the future if you decide to stop subscribing and go to just preferred. Trust me, you will enjoy the game at least 10x more as a subscriber.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely enjoyed doing FPs, Heroics and WBs in my short period of playing the game so yeah, I can imagine operations are definitely for me. Kinda not interested in PVP at all lol. Do I lose/miss out on anything by not getting into PVP well, at all lol? I just kinda wanna quest, group, craft, sell, get rich and look hot
    I don't PVP at all on my toons but that's simply due to time restrictions. I know quite a few people in my guild who enjoy it and will do it on off-nights when we are not raiding. However, you do not really loose out by not doing it. It's just one more aspect of the game that some people enjoy. Hell, I don't even do dailies anymore, I just play the GTN market and get rich that way.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    No you don't miss out on anything. If you really are as engaged as you say, I would also recommend subscribing. If you are that ready to throw your money at the company (biting my tongue here) you should just do it in $15 increments to have the whole game available to you.

Use that time to earn credits and buy unlocks for the future if you decide to stop subscribing and go to just preferred. Trust me, you will enjoy the game at least 10x more as a subscriber.
    I'll sub when I reach lvl 50 to do Operations. At the moment I'm fine with Preferred status, most of my biggest annoyances were removed compared to F2P restrictions.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll sub when I reach lvl 50 to do Operations. At the moment I'm fine with Preferred status, most of my biggest annoyances were removed compared to F2P restrictions.
    That sounds like a pretty wise plan, though you might run into some rough XP spots like ole sluggo mentioned.

Deleted
    Is it possible to email CM Unlocks from one character to another character (same legacy)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    That sounds like a pretty wise plan, though you might run into some rough XP spots like ole sluggo mentioned.
    I wonder if that will happen, though it doesn't seem like. I finished Tatooine and I'm already Level 31 and still have many FPs, WBs and SMs to do from Tatooine and previous planets/levels (and Fleet) before doing Alderaan. Should I be good?
    Last edited by mmocafc5faf701; 2013-01-11 at 02:02 AM.

Is it possible to email CM Unlocks from one character to another character (same legacy)?

I wonder if that will happen, though it doesn't seem like. I finished Tatooine and I'm already Level 31 and still have many FPs, WBs and SMs to do from Tatooine and previous planets/levels (and Fleet) before doing Alderaan. Should I be good?
    You can mail unlocks to your alts. If you're willing to backtrack to Nar Shadaa, I think you can pick up the bonus series of quests there too. I was too low level to get them at L26.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    You can mail unlocks to your alts. If you're willing to backtrack to Nar Shadaa, I think you can pick up the bonus series of quests there too. I was too low level to get them at L26.
    I'm almost sure I was 26 when still on Nar Shaddaa but I didn't get bonus series, was surprised when I heard people talk about it in chat on Tatooine. So yeah, definitely backtracking to Nar since I have to do WB there anyway, will do Bonus series along then, thx BTW you're also new to the game? Did you play any other MMO before?

Also, was there bonus series on Ord Mantell? Don't remember if I did sth or not, don't wanna miss anything I literally enjoy doing every tiniest quest xD

I'm almost sure I was 26 when still on Nar Shaddaa but I didn't get bonus series, was surprised when I heard people talk about it in chat on Tatooine. So yeah, definitely backtracking to Nar since I have to do WB there anyway, will do Bonus series along then, thx BTW you're also new to the game? Did you play any other MMO before?

Also, was there bonus series on Ord Mantell? Don't remember if I did sth or not, don't wanna miss anything I literally enjoy doing every tiniest quest xD
    I don't think Ord Mantell or Corusant had bonus quests that we could do. Taris did, but its bonus quests were within the levels of the planet so if you were thorough you probably picked them up.

I use this site's database to check there are any quests I've missed: http://db.darthhater.com/quests/?fil...3#quests:0+2+1
    Scroll up on that page and change the planet to what you want. It's not 100% accurate in terms of quest rewards, but it's better than nothing.

I'm not quite feeling the pinch in leveling...so far I've been showing up to each new planet at least 2+ levels ahead. You're ahead of me so you're going to have to report back if there's not enough quest xp on the later planets. Though I'm thinking pinch in levels is likely playstyle dependent. I don't skip quests. I'm pretty patient about finding groups and making them if need be. I go for the datacrons relevant to my character as well. My commando is a scavenger/slicer, and so I have this compulsion to crack open every single lootbox and must harvest every single node. If there are mobs in my way, they're going to be aoe'd into oblivion. It's fun to play a commando and throw some aoe around. I'm hoping how I'm playing will be enough to get my character to 50 without too much trouble.

I am new to the game, but this isn't my first mmo. Played WoW for about 6 years...not sure if I should be admitting that lol. I've also played LOTRO, GW2. And currently bouncing between this game and The Secret World.

in all honesty anyone who wants to purchase off CM unlock wise is best to go sub status works out cheaper.
    I'm Clara the impossible girl, and I was born to save the Doctor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    I don't think Ord Mantell or Corusant had bonus quests that we could do. Taris did, but its bonus quests were within the levels of the planet so if you were thorough you probably picked them up.

I use this site's database to check there are any quests I've missed: http://db.darthhater.com/quests/?fil...3#quests:0+2+1
    Scroll up on that page and change the planet to what you want. It's not 100% accurate in terms of quest rewards, but it's better than nothing.

I'm not quite feeling the pinch in leveling...so far I've been showing up to each new planet at least 2+ levels ahead. You're ahead of me so you're going to have to report back if there's not enough quest xp on the later planets. Though I'm thinking pinch in levels is likely playstyle dependent. I don't skip quests. I'm pretty patient about finding groups and making them if need be. I go for the datacrons relevant to my character as well. My commando is a scavenger/slicer, and so I have this compulsion to crack open every single lootbox and must harvest every single node. If there are mobs in my way, they're going to be aoe'd into oblivion. It's fun to play a commando and throw some aoe around. I'm hoping how I'm playing will be enough to get my character to 50 without too much trouble.

I am new to the game, but this isn't my first mmo. Played WoW for about 6 years...not sure if I should be admitting that lol. I've also played LOTRO, GW2. And currently bouncing between this game and The Secret World.
    I play commando too Ohh so you're a veteran, haha, I'm still only learning MMO lingo and some other basics. Few days ago people looked at me like an idiot when I asked what's "cc"

10+ Year Old Account
    Harrus, I pulled this directly from
    http://liberi-fatali.net/the-old-rep...guide-and-faq/ I still come back to it once in a while to check on what levels your character should be depending on your planet and I still check the companion section to see what companions you pick up on what planet as you progress through your class story.

If you follow your class story, you will progress through the planets in a specific order, which should roughly follow your leveling progression as well. Note: your mileage will vary and the levels listed are rough estimates. Generally speaking, you should be within 2 levels of the starting and ending ranges however.

Tython / Ord Mantell / Korriban / Hutta – Starter planets for levels 1-10

Coruscant / Dromund Kaas – Capital planets for levels 10-16

Taris / Balmorra – 3rd planet, Republic players will go to their own section of Taris while Imperial players go to their own section of Balmorra for levels 16-20

Nar Shaddaa – 4th planet, and the first cross-faction area for levels 20-24

Tatooine – 5th planet for levels 24-28

Alderaan – 6th planet for levels 28-32

Balmorra / Taris – 7th planet, Republic players will go to their own section of Balmorra while Imperial players go to their own section of Taris this time, for levels 32-36

Quesh – 8th planet for levels 36-37

Hoth – 9th planet for levels 37-41

Belsavis – 10th planet for levels 41-44

Voss – 11th planet for levels 44-47

Corellia – 12th planet for levels 47-50

Ilum – 13th planet for level 50

IMO it's ok to over level the planet you are on. That way, if you find you are getting bored of a particular planet or are having trouble navigating around (bad FPS on Alderran and the rats maze that is Taris come to mind) you can skip some of the optional quests on the planet and concentrate on your class quest to get off the planet ASAP.
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Deleted
    Thx for this list very handy! So it looks like I shouldn't have problems reaching 50 on/before Ilum. I'll be 31/32 when landing on Alderaan first time

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx for this list very handy! So it looks like I shouldn't have problems reaching 50 on/before Ilum. I'll be 31/32 when landing on Alderaan first time
    Oh btw, I found this out last week for those who are level 47+. Turns out you can start doing dailies when you turn level 47 on Ilum. Most of the other planets/heroic areas (Black Hole, Section X, Belsavis dailies) you need to be 50 to start them. Looks like Ilum doesn't fall under the 50+ blanket. This is significant because of 3 reasons:

1. They give a ton of credits - I believe I was still getting 7k+ credits for each daily I turned in.
    2. Massive XP - each daily netted about 32k experience points at turn in. 5-6 dailies and you half way to level 48, 49, or 50. I went from level 47-49 in about 2 days just doing dailies/extra quests here. Granted the quests show as orange in your quest log but if you are geared enough and pull your mobs smart you should be ok.
    3. Quests are tightly packed - these dailies are REALLY close together, requiring very little travel time. They also require you to kill a LOT of mobs, either on your way to the daily or through the daily itself, resulting in a lot of extra xp.
    The Madhi Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    Oh btw, I found this out last week for those who are level 47+. Turns out you can start doing dailies when you turn level 47 on Ilum. Most of the other planets/heroic areas (Black Hole, Section X, Belsavis dailies) you need to be 50 to start them. Looks like Ilum doesn't fall under the 50+ blanket. This is significant because of 3 reasons:

1. They give a ton of credits - I believe I was still getting 7k+ credits for each daily I turned in.
    There are 6 daily quests on Ilum. Each one give a little over 10,000 credits and the H2 quest give about 16,000 credits. The time to credit ratio is best on Ilum. There are 3 at the starting base and 3 more and the next connecting base (neither of which I can remember the names for.) I would also suggest when you are able to do them, do the bonus quest part of the main quest as well. It's great legacy expereince and will prep you for doing the same thing in the other daily quest areas. The Section X daily give more credits and daily comms the more of the bonus stuff you do, not just finishing the main quest like Ilum.

2. Massive XP - each daily netted about 32k experience points at turn in. 5-6 dailies and you half way to level 48, 49, or 50. I went from level 47-49 in about 2 days just doing dailies/extra quests here. Granted the quests show as orange in your quest log but if you are geared enough and pull your mobs smart you should be ok.
    Yea, the daily quests gives great experience, credits and legacy for the small amount of time you put in on Ilum. Belasvis and section X can take a good bit more time to complete. The Black Hole dailies are not too bad either but are not as fast as Ilum nor do they give as much credits.

3. Quests are tightly packed - these dailies are REALLY close together, requiring very little travel time. They also require you to kill a LOT of mobs, either on your way to the daily or through the daily itself, resulting in a lot of extra xp.
    Tightly packed to knock them out fast as well as you can easily make another 10K-20K in selling loot that drops off the mobs. Ilum is still the best dailies when you take reward VS time invested before level 50.

Seconded by BH, section X then Belsavis (oh how I hate belasvis dailies) when you hit 50.

If you are still a real F2P (not prefered) then id strongly suggest buying the Major Experience Boost off the GTN. On my server they cost about 30-40k credit. They last for 3 hours and boost XP from every source. You can still log out and not lose the 3 hours timer.

Since you may be close to capping 200k, its really a good investment. Also, from my recent experience levelling to 50 (F2P, first time), even if you complete every single quest and do 3/3 weekly FP, its almost impossible to stay near the recommended level range. Trust me, the major boost are the best investment any real F2P player can get, i would start using them on Alderaan. You dont need then for every minute of play but id hve one for the start of a new planet (lots of quests done quickly) or the end of big planets (high value XP). I've probably bought 6-8 total and barely managed to get 50 while doing every single quest on the planets (except dailies and a couple level 48-50 bonus series). (and im a pretty efficient player, used to hardcore raid wow)

Deleted
    If you're on the Red Eclipse server PM me your ign as I have over 60 of those XP boosts saved up which I give out to friends who start playing F2P. So far not one of my friends who haven't tried TOR before have signed up to F2P...so look me up asap and I can give you a bunch for free.

Also have 25 or so Major Valor XP boosts if you're interested. These I get asked for often so hurry if you want a few.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-01-12 at 01:08 AM.