Returning after 2 years...

I've been out of the game for about 2 years now and looking to start back up with my 80 mage. Talents and JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING is different now...any suggestions for leveling? I was thinking frost, looks like talent builds have been dumbed down alot. Almost tempted to just restart a panda from level 1 just to get used to the new crap...

Artwork Credit: Rayde of MMO Champion.

First of all, I suggest you take a look at http://www.icy-veins.com There is a very good guide there that explains every new Talent/spell/glyph on every spec. A lot of things have change and leveling from 1 is a good Idea so you get used to new mechanics and talent system. The Pandarean quests are fun as well.
    It will be ok I guess if you want to level your current Mage since 80-90 will take you much less time and all quests are new to you.
    Frost is a good Idea to level as the utilities and cc that it provides will help you go faster. Good luck with your new Adventures in Azeroth!
    Last edited by Alphamage; 2013-01-05 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    If you're not used to the game after all of this time, I'd suggest questing 85-90 as frost. More survivability and less room for mistakes

10+ Year Old Account
    My honest advice? Pick up a different class, and retire your mage until GC pulls his head out of his ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

these are my favorite types of responses (didactic). i killed dps meters in BC (pre cold snap etc) to prove people wrong on cookie cutter superiority.

Artwork Credit: Rayde of MMO Champion.

I Would tell you to become Arcane, It's the better right now (Or at least for me). For PVE, And for PVP Become Fire.