resto mana issues.. is it just me?

I am constantly running out of mana. Everywhere I look tells me im reforged and gemmed properly, but calling for mana 1/4 of the way through the fight is just wrong. If someone wants to take a look at my logs here and give me some suggestions, Im all leaves, er.. ears. I just regemmed mostly spirit and reforged again mostly haste to try to compensate. Something is a miss worldoflogs.com/reports/l3olw63y0nx1x60s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowin View Post
    I am constantly running out of mana. Everywhere I look tells me im reforged and gemmed properly, but calling for mana 1/4 of the way through the fight is just wrong. If someone wants to take a look at my logs here and give me some suggestions, Im all leaves, er.. ears. I just regemmed mostly spirit and reforged again mostly haste to try to compensate. Something is a miss worldoflogs.com/reports/l3olw63y0nx1x60s
    Are you rejuv blanketing? That doesn't work so well anymore.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

mostly haste?

armory link please?

edit: stop rejuving people any time they take damage. try and get an idea of when it will actually heal most of it's ticks, or when it will just go to overhealing because they weren't that low on hp, or because other healers have time to top them quickly.
    Last edited by asharia; 2013-01-05 at 12:56 AM.

Rejuvenation used to be our bread and butter, but in this tier it's been turned into a situational heal: One you use when mana and fight mechanics permit. It costs a lot of mana and most of its ticks tend to be wasted because of snipe healing from other healers. You seem to prioritize it over other heals, which you definitely should not.

Healing rotation should generally be (in this relative order):
    1. Lifebloom (if it's about to fall off the tank — always have at least 1 stack out)
    2. Swiftmend often (on people who are stacked)
    3. Wild Growth often (on people who are stacked)
    4. Regrowth sparingly (preferably only when you get an Omen of Clarity proc — use very sparingly outside of ooc — can be used semi-regularly when tank healing)
    5. Rejuvenation sparingly (preferably only when people are taking sustained damage or when a big burst-healing phase is coming up (try not to use it for snipe healing) — can be used regularly on tanks as well)
    6. Wild Mushrooms (if you can fit it in, ideally set up where you know people will be stacked — should be cast during low-healing phases and used during high-healing phases)
    7. Nature's Swiftness + HT/RG -OR- Ironbark -OR- Tranquility -OR- Tree of Life (as needed, but ideally more than once each during a fight).

Deleted
    pretty much wot the above said.

should only really rejuv when theres sustained damage, and even then dont go over board.. like max 5 targets

i run with 8k spirit and an int flask, but theres a few fights ill go with a spirit flask to bump me up to 9.3k
    Last edited by mmoc85d461a018; 2013-01-05 at 01:00 AM.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rowin/advanced

If this is you. You're reforge is odd. You didnt get to second haste cap anything etween 3043 and 6642 is a waste. And reforged out of 1300 spr then gemmed spr. Spr > crit is a bad idea. Basically don't reforge out of spirit unless you have no mana issues.

You want: Spr(till your mana is ok(I had about 8k through normals)) > Haste to first cap > Int > Mastery > Crit

Basically read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ruid-Guide-5-0

Glyphs are bad too. Looks like the main mana problem is just spell usage. With 491 ilevel you should have no problem healing almost all heroic fights, my druid is 492 and is 12/16 heroic with 7.5k spirit.

I just regemmed and reforged tonight looking (hoping) for anything that would keep me from going oom so fast and make my ticks worth more. I see other druids less geared than me having way less issues than me. I'll reforge back as Im not seeing a marked improvement as is... I hate feeling less than I know I am.

My glyphs are bad? Not that I have much choice, but which ones would be better?

and yes, Monkey, that is me.

8k sprit? even with all my regemming, Im now where near that. /cry
    Last edited by Rowin; 2013-01-05 at 09:25 AM.

Did you read the other suggestions? Your gemming/gearing isn't going to make a big difference on your mana. In fact, it has almost no impact overall. What matters most about mana longevity and healing done is HOW you're healing.

As a paladin, I can tell you that I try to avoid haste at all costs. The only fight I needed it on this expac was the first week of Gara'Jal in blues where I couldn't top people off with the INT and SP I had (and you don't need spirit on that fight, so I got rid of mine). I only have enough to get an extra two ticks on eternal flame.

Not that paladins are anything like druids.

Quote Originally Posted by RH exact View Post
    As a paladin, I can tell you that I try to avoid haste at all costs. The only fight I needed it on this expac was the first week of Gara'Jal in blues where I couldn't top people off with the INT and SP I had (and you don't need spirit on that fight, so I got rid of mine). I only have enough to get an extra two ticks on eternal flame.

Not that paladins are anything like druids.

telling him how paladins gear isn't helping.

your gear is fine. maybe too much spirit even, for 10man at least.

i'm thinking maybe it's just a case of learning what spells to use when. don't rejuv people that aren't that low, or if there's not much damage going out at that moment, your other healers will pick them up too quickly for rejuv to be of any use.

rejuv if someone is low, and you KNOW that they won't be topped quickly, probably because more damage is coming.

try and make the best use of your CDs. first innervate at 80%. tree of life with LB blanketing and lots of free regrowths is a good mana conserving tool. be aware of when you do or don't have to heal back people quickly, so you're not wasting CDs or mana trying to burst heal people when there's no need.

all the things that come with practice.

Rowin, it might be you! I'm not accusing, so don't worry You just have to retrain yourself a bit, that's all.

Firstly, it's about mindset, not gear. We can no longer follow our ABC's (Always Be Casting). That's the first habit to break. If you're always casting, you're gonna run out of mana. Go train yourself to not top off. If you throw out a hot, give it time to do its work. This is tough to do. Which leads me to the new motto: TYH. Trust Your HoTs. Let them do their work. Don't follow up your HoTs with a nourish (which is practically useless now, BTW) or other heal. Give 'em a second to work. Trust your heals to do their work. They will. Not instantly, but they'll do the job. Retraining yourself is the best thing you can do for your mana management. The best time to do it is when you're running the bosses you're comfortable with and have on farm. You'll see a dip in your HPS, but that's temporary. It'll shoot back up once you become comfortable with your new healing style.

Use your CDs. Three minutes flies by in a raid fight. Use tranq when you can stand still and tree when you have to move. You can boost either of 'em with Nature's Vigil. Or throw Symbiosis on a shaman and get Spiritwalker's Grace and cast tranq on the move!

Ironbark is your friend. Use it. Love it. If someone's low, you can bark 'em up. Usually raidwide damage AND heals are going out, so this'll slow the damage a bit. And don't forget. You're not the only healer in the group. It's likely your healy mates have seen the drop in health and have thrown out heals as well. Ironbark will buffer the low target and allow their heals to work, too.

Use your godly green healing circle of greatness effectively. If the raid's spread out, throw it on the person who's most likely to stand still and need the most healing (tanks are my usual candidates). Acquaint yourself with its range around you and move to packs of players that need it the most, then cast on yourself. Resto's great on the move. Alternatively, pick someone in the pack who's reliable about staying grouped and have him/her your designated circle target. On Blade Lord Tay'ak I choose our warrior as my target because he's usually right near the middle of the boss, allowing my circle to reach all the melee and the tanks.

Innervate early and often, but don't waste it. Save it for yourself because it does diddly on other players. Heck, make it part of your rotation. Sounds selfish, but if you've already used it on yourself, you've maximized its use so you can heal some more. Which helps other healers with THEIR mana, indirectly.

One last note: Spirit 5400. Mastery 6590. Haste 3047. Crit 2750. I regularly top my raid's healing meters, and I usually end the fight with mana to spare. It's not the gear, it's the skill.

Best of luck, Rowin. If I can do it, so can you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    You didnt get to second haste cap anything etween 3043 and 6642 is a waste.
    That is not entirely true, SotF haste cap for an extra tick on Wild Growth is 5730.

My glyphs are bad? Not that I have much choice, but which ones would be better?
    Use Glyph of Lifebloom, Glyph of Wild Growth and Glyph of Regrowth instead.

Nice post by Banakh, this is my favorite part in that post, so true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Banakh View Post
    Firstly, it's about mindset, not gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Rejuvenation used to be our bread and butter, but in this tier it's been turned into a situational heal: One you use when mana and fight mechanics permit. It costs a lot of mana and most of its ticks tend to be wasted because of snipe healing from other healers. You seem to prioritize it over other heals, which you definitely should not.

Healing rotation should generally be (in this relative order):
    1. Lifebloom (if it's about to fall off the tank — always have at least 1 stack out)
    2. Swiftmend often (on people who are stacked)
    3. Wild Growth often (on people who are stacked)
    4. Regrowth sparingly (preferably only when you get an Omen of Clarity proc — use very sparingly outside of ooc — can be used semi-regularly when tank healing)
    5. Rejuvenation sparingly (preferably only when people are taking sustained damage or when a big burst-healing phase is coming up (try not to use it for snipe healing) — can be used regularly on tanks as well)
    6. Wild Mushrooms (if you can fit it in, ideally set up where you know people will be stacked — should be cast during low-healing phases and used during high-healing phases)
    7. Nature's Swiftness + HT/RG -OR- Ironbark -OR- Tranquility -OR- Tree of Life (as needed, but ideally more than once each during a fight).

Mostly accurate... but the Wild Mushrooms part made me laugh a little... I'd just add, if you raid mostly 10 mans, don't bother too much with them. Unless you know all three shrooms will hit 6+ people, the efficiency at 4 or fewer healed targets is terrible and there's like only one or two fights with straight up stack phases.

Personally I've been messing with Soul of the forest. Your mana will mostly just be a balancing act, Rejuv and Regrowth too much and it's bound to bite you back. As you get better gear, you'll rejuv with more impunity (2pc helps with that), but there's also a point where you'll want to consider going up a haste breakpoint which will likely hurt your regen, but will drastically increase your Wildgrowth throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincrab View Post
    but will drastically increase your Wildgrowth throughput.
    That's not entirely correct. It will raise it to a small degree. If you take points from any throughput stat you have to weigh those against the haste you gain. The only way going from breakpoint to breakpoint is a drastic increase is if you take it entirely from spirit, which isn't (well sort of) a throughput stat. As long as you can afford the mana cost it is a win-win. Taking from mastery or int or crit is a lose-win.

Not sure why you would laugh at the Wild Mushroom comment. If you have nothing else worth healing, how does it hurt to toss out a few well-placed mushrooms?

Also, it should be noted that an extra ~2,700 haste for an additional breakpoint for SoF is really not worth the loss in other stats. Especially so when you consider that you're only gaining 7.7% additional healing from WG.

all good comments and suggestions everyone, tyvm. I reforged back to what I should have been (not to reach the 2nd haste cap yet.. I will when I have more gear.) I think I pretty much utilize all abilites druids are given. I'll try to skim back on rejuv and regrowth... habit habit habit. Yes, my guild does 10m's - 4 teams of them (I know, I know...) so, with all of your suggetions, hopefully my being less rejuv crazy will make a difference in my mana consumption. Hope so, cuz I know Im a good healer and no mana = downtime = bad

Deleted
    Thanks for this =) Much greatful!! =)

I've been experimenting with a not casting style of healing lately and it's really helping my mana.

Basically if LB needs refreshing I just reapply it, no nourish etc, mastery is kept active with Swiftmend, and I pretty much only rejuv/WG and cast when I get omen procs or it looks like someone desperately needs a heal.

Perhaps it's just me being careful not to overheal as much any more, I used to almost spam nourish just to fill GCDs and keep LB/mastery up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    I've been experimenting with a not casting style of healing lately and it's really helping my mana.

Basically if LB needs refreshing I just reapply it, no nourish etc, mastery is kept active with Swiftmend, and I pretty much only rejuv/WG and cast when I get omen procs or it looks like someone desperately needs a heal.

Perhaps it's just me being careful not to overheal as much any more, I used to almost spam nourish just to fill GCDs and keep LB/mastery up.
    This is basically how I go about it. We have 2 Paladins and 2 disco priests in our raid and they snipe/shield all the heals so my hots don't get to do their job. And I've excepted that. Also they have infinite mana so I let them do what they do and basically keep LB up and rejuv people before big damage(Rain of Blades on windlord, Force and Verve etc) WG on CD as long as it isnt over healing.

What druids have to do to heal is use your other healers mana in a sense because everytime you hot someone and they snipe the heal you've wasted mana.
    But at the same time you have to keep a blanance between saving mana and keeping up in healing.