Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!

Wintergrasp upgraded to level 90

Blizzard has finally upgraded Wintergrasp to level 90, and some may not know that. Guards, NPC's Sieges, got their damage increased but also their HP. For example a Wintergrasp Demolisher now got 4,7 Million HP.

When you win Wintergrasp you are given 415 honor points alongside with quests for Witnergrasp that give you 75 honor points each.

I think that more people should def join Wintergrasp since it was def one of the best open world pvp zones ever. Anyways Discuss what you tgink of Wintergrasp being upgraded to level 90 here. Enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well on the one hand I would have said whats the point of upgrading it, on the other hand I'm kind of glad they did. Wintergrasp was the most fun open world pvp I've had in wow, so its nice if they introduce something to get people into it again.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    they did this when 5.1 went live. your a bit late too the party

The problem is that not enough people join to make it enjoyable.

didn't even realise this had happened already. and i doubt many people do

pity i don't have much pvp gear, so i can't really take part. WG was probably the most fun i've had in pvp, back in the day.

did they up the lvl on the VoA raid too? if not its full of fail sauce, just like most of blizz's decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The problem is that not enough people join to make it enjoyable.
    The problem is that no conquest points are rewarded for a win like random BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been like this for a little bit...I've been doing Wintergrasp right after TB when possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I was in a Wintergrasp with 6 Alliance and 4 Horde. We just killed guards to get Siege Engines and blew past the Horde defenders. It gave me enough Honor to buy some Justice Points and a BoA.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

10+ Year Old Account
    They did it in 5.1 but didn't tell anyone that didn't read patch notes so nobody knows to q for it. Which sucks I loved wg.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to utilize CRZ for WG to be successful again.
    "Brevity is...wit"

15+ Year Old Account
    Tip: If you are on offense killing the towers make sure you kill the eastern on first. If you leave it last it will bug and you can not kill it and you will lose all your kill marks and honor. Leave and reque is a fix to getting honor.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

As excited as I was for the upgrade, seeing a maximum of 2 people during any battle during high traffic times flat out sucks. They need to incentivize it so people actually queue. Like said above, CRZ is also mandatory to make it work if they aren't going to boost up the honor gains massively.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    They need to utilize CRZ for WG to be successful again.
    Considering its unpredictable timeframe that changes based on when the attackers win on each server, I do not see how that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Considering its unpredictable timeframe that changes based on when the attackers win on each server, I do not see how that's possible.
    They could just put it on a regular/normalized timer that disregards length of battle. Like every 3 hours, or whatever.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    didn't even realise this had happened already. and i doubt many people do
    I didn't realize this was already live too. I remember reading about it in patch notes but I thought it was for 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Really hope blizz fixes CRZ for WG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Tip: If you are on offense killing the towers make sure you kill the eastern on first. If you leave it last it will bug and you can not kill it and you will lose all your kill marks and honor. Leave and reque is a fix to getting honor.
    its Bugged if you kill it first too... cant tell you the number of times I've been deranked because of that stupid bug that has actually existed since 5.0.4 dropped in August. Blizzard has been told numerous times and jsut flat doesn't give a fuck about fixing it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    As excited as I was for the upgrade, seeing a maximum of 2 people during any battle during high traffic times flat out sucks. They need to incentivize it so people actually queue. Like said above, CRZ is also mandatory to make it work if they aren't going to boost up the honor gains massively.
    they did... 400+ for a win.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

TB and WG are both still ghost towns despite the changes. Join at the last few mins for free winning or losing honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would GREATLY up participation for WG/TB would be, the first win each week would grant, say, 150 CP, going past any minor caps (RBGvsArena). Every win after that grants 75 CP, following basic cappage rules. Thus, massive battles for weekly CP, plus continued battles after for the CP thats better then random BGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.