Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    I think it's kind of questionable. Think about it.

    One guy is pretending he will buy it just to get people to buy something he already listed.

    But the other guy is kind of lame too, since instead of informing him that one is up on the AH for less, he's going to try and buy it and get a nice profit for himself.

    Both are being opportunists and hiding information from the other, but one of them loses.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    If he took the gold from those that WTB in trade chat and the auction got sold on an alt and suddendly he logged off, yeah that would be a scam and really crappy thing to do.
    he didnt "take" anything off anyone ... he put an item on for sale...he cant prevent people from buying it or force people to buy it... if he himself said that hes buying it for a different price is not relevant as hes not making any promises to anyone lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

  3. #63
    Coming up with that "scam" and - possibly - somebody falling for it speaks volumes about playerbase IQ.

  4. #64
    This was... BRILLIANT?!
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse (25-N) testing is complete! Today's Wisdom:
    One man's Trash is another Man's Heroic Boss.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    They have banned people for breaking the rules, don't pretend it isn't true.
    Don't pretend it is true. I know four people who bot on a regular basis for mats and such to either sell or use. You see the bots in bg's only get worse. You see tons of hackers hack flying in lowby pandaria areas. They don't ever ban anyone for anything. If they did the bots I reported all through cata for botting in Uldum would have been gone and not seen in the pandaria areas.

  6. #66
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    Unless you do it on a low level alt
    Not to shit on your party.

    But if somone reports the toon a gm can see every toon on your account you ever had

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Not to shit on your party.

    But if somone reports the toon a gm can see every toon on your account you ever had
    So if I kill a person in real life on a low level alt, a gm can see all my toons?

  8. #68
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    So if I kill a person in real life on a low level alt, a gm can see all my toons?

    No than bubba gets to see what your insides feel like

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    No than bubba gets to see what your insides feel like
    How do you know my proctologist's name?

  10. #70
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,380
    I highly doubt it is bannable, I'm not even sure if it qualifies as a scam. If someone does fall for it they have their own idiocy to blame...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  11. #71
    Pit Lord IRunSoFarAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,350
    It's scummy but not a scam. If you have to resort to trickery to make gold though, then you're probably on tough times and care a little too much about it.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

  12. #72
    Of course it is not bannable and quite a good thing to do. It's called "playing on others' greed". Person who would buy item from AH to resell it asap is basically cheater, he wants to cheat out some easy gold, and reason to this is greed. There is absolutely nothing wrong to punish for greed.

    It also greatly stimulates economy, as people tend to sell everything at such low prices, so it basically makes it non-viable to AH most of stuff - once people see there is demand (even if it is just illusion caused by this "trick") to buy items at higher prices, they start selling them at higher prices, and not flood market with items at "vendor price + 1 copper".

    Keep doing what you do!

  13. #73
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,915
    Probably, but assuming you used 2 different toons I don't see how the victim would be able to make an argument... He will just think your alt is an asshole.

  14. #74
    It seems a lot of people aren't reading the earlier posts, Broloth posted on page 2 that if you enter into any sort of agreement fx.:
    Target: "Hey, still interested in XX item?"
    PotentialScammer: "Yes."
    Target: "Cool, let's trade"
    PotentialScammer has logged off.

    If the above is the situation then yes the "PotentialScammer" is scamming, if the target just buys it without talking to "Scammer" he is "fine", but the second he gives any confirmation of his intent of purchasing he has entered into an agreement, and now he is scamming.
    Last edited by Lillemus; 2013-01-05 at 06:20 AM.

  15. #75
    People keep saying "if you get caught"??

    If all you did was spam trade chat, and the person confronts you about disappearing and you never agreed to buy the item from them, it's as simple as "someone sold it to me so I got it already but thanks!"

    All done. Or, say that someone whispered you and said it wasn't worth nearly that much so you decided against it. The person has nothing to call you a liar on, and no room to complain.

    However, if you AGREED to buy the item from them for 10k, and then logged, then yes, Blizz may do something about it. Blizzard actually does have a track record of enforcing verbal agreements between players.
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.
    My currently predicted WoD release date, June 17th, 2014. (Prediction set December 20th, 2013) < Sadly going to be way off, obviously, sad panda.

    New prediction is 'Not Soon Enough' TM.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    However, if you AGREED to buy the item from them for 10k, and then logged, then yes, Blizz may do something about it. Blizzard actually does have a track record of enforcing verbal agreements between players.
    Just because you say you will buy something from someone doesn't mean you have to. Nothing changed hands. The only time Blizz will get involved is if you agreed to a trade and 1 side didn't hold up their end. As in, you agree to buy it for 10k, but only put in 1k.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  17. #77
    People have been doing this since Vanilla.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because you say you will buy something from someone doesn't mean you have to. Nothing changed hands. The only time Blizz will get involved is if you agreed to a trade and 1 side didn't hold up their end. As in, you agree to buy it for 10k, but only put in 1k.

    What is a scam?
    A scam is the act of acquiring items or any other possession from another player through misinformation, confusion, or fraud. In short, using any sort of deception to gain at another's expense. If you are unsure if your particular case fits the criteria of a scam, contact a GM in-game and they will be able to assist you.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    What is a scam?
    A scam is the act of acquiring items or any other possession from another player through misinformation, confusion, or fraud. In short, using any sort of deception to gain at another's expense. If you are unsure if your particular case fits the criteria of a scam, contact a GM in-game and they will be able to assist you.
    The person bought an item off the AH for the price it was listed. No scam there.
    You back out of a transaction before anything changes hands. No scam there.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  20. #80
    They actually talked about this back in BC if i recall. They banned a few people for 3 days and etc and refunded people gold. So it is bannable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •