Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    If he took the gold from those that WTB in trade chat and the auction got sold on an alt and suddendly he logged off, yeah that would be a scam and really crappy thing to do.
    he didnt "take" anything off anyone ... he put an item on for sale...he cant prevent people from buying it or force people to buy it... if he himself said that hes buying it for a different price is not relevant as hes not making any promises to anyone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Deleted
    Coming up with that "scam" and - possibly - somebody falling for it speaks volumes about playerbase IQ.

This was... BRILLIANT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    They have banned people for breaking the rules, don't pretend it isn't true.
    Don't pretend it is true. I know four people who bot on a regular basis for mats and such to either sell or use. You see the bots in bg's only get worse. You see tons of hackers hack flying in lowby pandaria areas. They don't ever ban anyone for anything. If they did the bots I reported all through cata for botting in Uldum would have been gone and not seen in the pandaria areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    Unless you do it on a low level alt
    Not to shit on your party.

But if somone reports the toon a gm can see every toon on your account you ever had

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Not to shit on your party.

But if somone reports the toon a gm can see every toon on your account you ever had
    So if I kill a person in real life on a low level alt, a gm can see all my toons?

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I kill a person in real life on a low level alt, a gm can see all my toons?

No than bubba gets to see what your insides feel like

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    How do you know my proctologist's name?

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt it is bannable, I'm not even sure if it qualifies as a scam. If someone does fall for it they have their own idiocy to blame...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

It's scummy but not a scam. If you have to resort to trickery to make gold though, then you're probably on tough times and care a little too much about it.

Of course it is not bannable and quite a good thing to do. It's called "playing on others' greed". Person who would buy item from AH to resell it asap is basically cheater, he wants to cheat out some easy gold, and reason to this is greed. There is absolutely nothing wrong to punish for greed.

It also greatly stimulates economy, as people tend to sell everything at such low prices, so it basically makes it non-viable to AH most of stuff - once people see there is demand (even if it is just illusion caused by this "trick") to buy items at higher prices, they start selling them at higher prices, and not flood market with items at "vendor price + 1 copper".

Keep doing what you do!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, but assuming you used 2 different toons I don't see how the victim would be able to make an argument... He will just think your alt is an asshole.

It seems a lot of people aren't reading the earlier posts, Broloth posted on page 2 that if you enter into any sort of agreement fx.:
    Target: "Hey, still interested in XX item?"
    PotentialScammer: "Yes."
    Target: "Cool, let's trade"
    PotentialScammer has logged off.

If the above is the situation then yes the "PotentialScammer" is scamming, if the target just buys it without talking to "Scammer" he is "fine", but the second he gives any confirmation of his intent of purchasing he has entered into an agreement, and now he is scamming.
    Last edited by Lillemus; 2013-01-05 at 06:20 AM.

People keep saying "if you get caught"??

If all you did was spam trade chat, and the person confronts you about disappearing and you never agreed to buy the item from them, it's as simple as "someone sold it to me so I got it already but thanks!"

All done. Or, say that someone whispered you and said it wasn't worth nearly that much so you decided against it. The person has nothing to call you a liar on, and no room to complain.

However, if you AGREED to buy the item from them for 10k, and then logged, then yes, Blizz may do something about it. Blizzard actually does have a track record of enforcing verbal agreements between players.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    However, if you AGREED to buy the item from them for 10k, and then logged, then yes, Blizz may do something about it. Blizzard actually does have a track record of enforcing verbal agreements between players.
    Just because you say you will buy something from someone doesn't mean you have to. Nothing changed hands. The only time Blizz will get involved is if you agreed to a trade and 1 side didn't hold up their end. As in, you agree to buy it for 10k, but only put in 1k.

People have been doing this since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because you say you will buy something from someone doesn't mean you have to. Nothing changed hands. The only time Blizz will get involved is if you agreed to a trade and 1 side didn't hold up their end. As in, you agree to buy it for 10k, but only put in 1k.

What is a scam?
    A scam is the act of acquiring items or any other possession from another player through misinformation, confusion, or fraud. In short, using any sort of deception to gain at another's expense. If you are unsure if your particular case fits the criteria of a scam, contact a GM in-game and they will be able to assist you.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is a scam?
    A scam is the act of acquiring items or any other possession from another player through misinformation, confusion, or fraud. In short, using any sort of deception to gain at another's expense. If you are unsure if your particular case fits the criteria of a scam, contact a GM in-game and they will be able to assist you.
    The person bought an item off the AH for the price it was listed. No scam there.
    You back out of a transaction before anything changes hands. No scam there.

They actually talked about this back in BC if i recall. They banned a few people for 3 days and etc and refunded people gold. So it is bannable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Don't pretend it is true. I know four people who bot on a regular basis for mats and such to either sell or use. You see the bots in bg's only get worse. You see tons of hackers hack flying in lowby pandaria areas. They don't ever ban anyone for anything. If they did the bots I reported all through cata for botting in Uldum would have been gone and not seen in the pandaria areas.
    Ancedotal evidence is bad. I reported a bot and it disappeared. /gasp And since your lack of knowledge of how Blizzard handle bots I'm not surprised. I'm not pretending it's true, IT IS TRUE. You just have some jaded view and think Blizzard doesn't care. If you know them then report them instead of sitting idle and doing nothing.

Or the Forum Yeti will eat him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi