Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Terrace HM (vs) Vaults HM - which is easier?

So we are currently 2/6 heroic in Vaults - and I'm trying to decide where we should go next week for progression. Terrace was so easy on normal, and I've heard that it isn't bad on heroic either.

What would you suggest for those that have done it? Vaults heroic bosses 3, 4, 5, 6 (or) Terrace heroic?

Your guild is ready to do Terrace if you can clear most/all Heart of Fear heroics. I'd suggest working on Vaults and Heart of Fear before you do Terrace.

MSV hc is a lot easier then Terrance HC. i would suggest either working on garajal hc next or elegon hc.

if you're only 2/6, you stand no chance at terrace.

The Terrace HMs are more difficult than anything in MSV with the possible exception of Spirit Kings and Will and are definitely more difficult than the middle 3 heroics in Heart of Fear (Blade Lord, Garalon, Wind Lord).

The only 2 HMs in Terrace you would want to even consider attempting before clearing MSV and probably HOF are Protectors and Lei Shi. Tsulong is generally the second last HM that guilds do. Both of them are probably easier than Vizier, AmberShaper or Shek'zeer. However, both of them are very gear/DPS check type fights. What makes them relatively easy for guilds that have 10+ heroics down is the fact that they have heroic HoF gear. If you try going to them at only 2/16, you just won't have the gear and will find them significantly harder than the rest of MSV and the easier HoF heroics would be. At the very least, go to Gara'jal first. It is also mostly a DPS check, and if you don't have the DPS to easily get past Gara'jal, you don't have a chance at some of the other DPS checks in HoF and Terrace.

Here is what I would suggest for a general idea of the bosses from easiest to hardest.

1. Stone Guard
    2. Feng
    3. Gara'jal
    4. Elgelon
    5. Blade Lord
    6. Wind Lord
    7. Garalon - this fight is easier in execution than Blade Lord or Wind Lord, but it's also a DPS/gear check type fight
    8. Spirit Kings
    9. Will of the Emperor
    10. Lei Shi
    11. Protectors
    12. Vizier
    13. AmberShaper
    14. Shek'zeer
    15. Tsulong
    16. Sha

Ok thanks everyone for the input.
    Cheers!

I would put blade lord at easiest.

No really.

6 wipes.

He fell over.
    CompTIA A+ Computer technician, 7 years and counting...

Retired WoW Heroic Raider, currently playing DOTA 2 competitively.

If you look at it from the standpoint of a guild that hasn't done any heroics, Blade Lord is objectively harder tuned than Stone Guard, Feng, Gara'jal, Elegon and probably Spirit Kings now that the order is fixed. I'd even say Wind Lord is easier than Blade Lord.

Not that he isn't quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    1. Stone Guard
    2. Feng
    3. Gara'jal
    4. Elgelon
    5. Blade Lord
    6. Wind Lord
    7. Garalon - this fight is easier in execution than Blade Lord or Wind Lord, but it's also a DPS/gear check type fight
    8. Spirit Kings
    9. Will of the Emperor
    10. Lei Shi
    11. Protectors
    12. Vizier
    13. AmberShaper
    14. Shek'zeer
    15. Tsulong
    16. Sha
    Bosses from hof are easier than Terrace HC (except empress if you don't have warrior/pally tank). IMHO the progression should be like

1. Stone Guard
    2. Feng
    3. Gara'jal
    4. Elegon
    5. Blade Lord Tayak
    6. Spirit Kings (with the nerf you don't waste time resetting it, so much easier)
    7. Will of the Emperor (in 10 really dependent of your raid composition to soak the sparks)
    8. Wind Lord Meljarak (only need a couple people to do ccs and kill the boss)
    9. Garalon (dps check, again in 10 really roster dependent, you need casters)
    10. Amber-Shaper Unsok (boring boss but easy with the tactic of burst on phase 1)
    11. Vizier Zorlok
    12. Shek'zeer (Tank with shield for the adds make the fight trivial)
    13. Protectors
    14. Lei Shi
    15. Tsulong
    16. Sha

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    10. Amber-Shaper Unsok (boring boss but easy with the tactic of burst on phase 1)
    What's that? The one that has been fixed?

Maybe we're just really bad at the fight but everyone puts Will of the Emperor like 8th or 9th but we're doing 25-mans and we're 7/16H and put attempts into Garalon/Lei Shi/Will and while we've done the most attempts on Will we've gotten the least progress. Controlling the fight seems really difficult on 25 and all the videos are the ring of frost cheese strategy that doesn't exist anymore.

MSV is much easier than Terrace. You'll want to attempt Terrace once most HoF heroic is done.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    You can still skip phase 3 I believe. Before fix you could skip phase 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Don't think so. You still need to do p1 for around 5 minutes to get enough stacks on unsok for the burn to 1%. Then AFTER that you have to do p2 with only 1 healer (because you only took one so you can do the burn). You won't make it before the enrage. IF you pull that off you could've just done the boss the normal way. Anyway, the fight isn't really that hard (granted, i haven't done it yet, but it is up next), but blade lord, wind lord and garalon are definitely easier.

Don't think so. You still need to do p1 for around 5 minutes to get enough stacks on unsok for the burn to 1%. Then AFTER that you have to do p2 with only 1 healer (because you only took one so you can do the burn). You won't make it before the enrage. IF you pull that off you could've just done the boss the normal way. Anyway, the fight isn't really that hard (granted, i haven't done it yet, but it is up next), but blade lord, wind lord and garalon are definitely easier.
    The normal strat is have 1 DPS stay transformed through the entire P2 to keep stacks on the boss. P3 should end in ~30 seconds as the boss will have tons of stacks going into P3.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Yeah you could skip p3; but there is no reason to bother because p3 is a joke.

@op; continue msv. You could try hof2. With 2hm down by now, you will get rofl stomped in terrace.

Can someone explain why Tsulong is so difficult? My guild is 9/16 (3 easy HoF/6 MSV) and I'm trying to decide what's next for us. I think we're leaning toward Lei Shi, but I don't want to skip the first 2 in terrace if they're potentially doable. Protectors requires a fair bit of coordination which my group likes to screw up, so I'm sort of leaving that for later. But I've looked at Tsulong and the new mechanics don't seem particularly hard or complicated, is it mostly a numbers thing? Or is it a lot of rng where the sunbeam is compared to the add spawns? Or something else that's not obvious?
    Last edited by Nellise; 2013-01-05 at 05:22 PM.

5/6 MSV since a month or so and while we didnt raid during holidays, we already had 2 wipe nights on the 2nd HoF HC. Best try was 30% or so... x(
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

We go with 2 healers, first 5min is stacking on boss until ~45stacks (~4:30) or so, we normally burst him until 20%, so the last phase will be less than a minute, which is (imho) the hard phase.

For 25 man, not 10man cakewalk

1. Stone Guard
    2. Feng
    3. Gara'jal
    4. Elegon
    5. Blade Lord
    6. Wind Lord
    7. Spirit Kings
    8. Garalon
    9. AmberShaper
    10. Lei Shi
    11. Will of the Emperor