Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by heycheese View Post
    What happens when the wave reaches a mostly flat shoreline?
    Does it dissipate as it travels so the wave is gone when it reaches the shore?
    It dissipates before it hits the shore

  2. #22
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,380
    That's fucking awesome, hope some game developers take notice, always hated ocean shores with no waves. I tip my hat to you Blizzard.


  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Also a Fascist Devilsaur!, No seriously look. http://i.imgur.com/nCmDx.jpg

    i am so gonna tame that!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    It dissipates before it hits the shore
    It also goes right through object in the water, so any rock, boat ect are all just overtaken by it. The larger rocks look goofy with a wave magically going through it.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Also a Fascist Devilsaur!, No seriously look. http://i.imgur.com/nCmDx.jpg
    ROFL thats just silly

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    ROFL thats just silly
    Indeed! A little off topic but most of the dinosaurs on the island are tameable, even the triceratops! The only ones I found not to be tameable were the flying ones

  7. #27
    It's essentially nothing more than a particle effect, but it does look good. Perhaps in the future we'll see the 'real' deal, though.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  8. #28
    Titan Synthaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    13,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's essentially nothing more than a particle effect, but it does look good. Perhaps in the future we'll see the 'real' deal, though.
    The waves are a little more than that. The "new water" they added in Cata was a shader effect, and even though it had ripples and looked like it had waves from high up, it was nothing more than a flat surface. These waves look to be dynamic mesh modification, but it could be that it's just a preset animation on that particular patch of water.

    If they can add waves like this and get them working properly with their shader tech, then it's not out of the realms of possibility that we might see more dynamic seas elsewhere in the world. Of course, it'd be even better if they could make the waves split when they hit rocks, or make players and objects "float" on top of them, but that's probably asking a little too much. Again, it could just be an animation on that area of the water.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

    PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    The waves are a little more than that. The "new water" they added in Cata was a shader effect, and even though it had ripples and looked like it had waves from high up, it was nothing more than a flat surface. These waves look to be dynamic mesh modification, but it could be that it's just a preset animation on that particular patch of water.

    If they can add waves like this and get them working properly with their shader tech, then it's not out of the realms of possibility that we might see more dynamic seas elsewhere in the world. Of course, it'd be even better if they could make the waves split when they hit rocks, or make players and objects "float" on top of them, but that's probably asking a little too much. Again, it could just be an animation on that area of the water.
    Yeah the animation just kept playing over and over in the same patch of water still a step forward

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •