10+ Year Old Account

Brawler's Guild - Battletron as Resto

I've gotten up to Battletron solely as restoration so far, but I feel as though I'll need to use a dps spec to manage the ~80k dps necessary to meet enrage.
    Has anyone here successfully killed him as resto and have any tips?

Whoa, Russellville, AR. Never expected that.

Anyway, I just tried this and did it first try with plenty of time to spare. I was using 562 dps gear though.

I'm assuming this is you: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...obert/advanced

The only tips I can really give are:

1. Get better gear.
    2. Use a DPS legendary cloak and meta gem. Legendary dps cloak did around 1 million damage for me during the fight.
    3. Reforge and gem everything into intellect/haste/crit. Mastery and spirit are useless for resto dps
    4. See if you can get some trinkets that have +int procs and will actually proc when dpsing as resto.
    5. Spec into soul of the forest. Then, just before he spawns, you can go rejuv, HoTW, swiftmend, moonfire. This will give you a massively hasted moonfire. More useful than incarnation or treants.
    6. Don't forget to use the brawler's +int potions. Use one just before the fight starts so you can use another after a minute.

Even if you beat this, you'll probably have bigger issues with the later bosses. Everything after battletron (except Meatball) has even more difficult enrage timers.
    Last edited by Lybydose; 2014-02-09 at 07:20 PM. Reason: MY IS GRAMMAR ARE REAL GOOD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    1. Get better gear.
    2. Use a DPS legendary cloak and meta gem. Legendary dps cloak did around 1 million damage for me during the fight.
    3. Reforge and gem everything into intellect/haste/crit. Mastery and spirit are useless for resto dps
    4. See if you can get some trinkets that have +int procs and will actually proc when dpsing as resto.
    5. Spec into soul of the forest. Then, just before he spawns, you can go rejuv, HoTW, swiftmend, moonfire. This will give you a massively hasted moonfire. More useful than incarnation or treants.
    6. Don't forget to use the brawler's +int potions. Use one just before the fight starts so you can use another after a minute.
    Unfortunately, getting better gear is easier said than done. I don't raid outside of LFR anymore, and even then I can hardly muster the motivation to do it.
    But everything else I will definitely take into consideration, thank you!