Thread: Help my rogue

Help my rogue

My rogue is an alt yet I feel I could be doing more damage, here is the WoL from last nights alt raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-48123kd6g95syxrj/

What am I doing wrong and how can I improve? I usually end up arond 80-90k single target.

Armory in sig.

You can reforge for ~500 more dps according to ShadowCraft.

None of the bosses on your log are ideal for seeing your base rotation, but here are a few things I noticed:
    • Rupture: uptime seems fairly low. Should be >95% in most cases, but yours are 50-90% at a cursory glance.
    • You're clipping Envenom or using <5CP Envs occasionally. However, your gear could be at a point where you can't avoid capping CPs or energy without clipping during Hero+SB (I have to clip all over the place during Hero+SB, especially with a string of Blindside procs).
    • I'm seeing some strange SnD results on a few fights. There's only 1 cast (so it didn't drop), but the uptime is only ~70%. Could just be an issue with the logs, but make sure you're putting up SnD right away.

You're not doing anything terribly wrong except not maintaining Rupture. ShadowC puts your optimal DPS at 94k, so you're in a pretty good range taking into account fight mechanics.

If you're looking for tips on optimizing DPS for specific encounters rather than just generally, you can get some more specific information.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    You can reforge for ~500 more dps according to ShadowCraft.

None of the bosses on your log are ideal for seeing your base rotation, but here are a few things I noticed:
    • Rupture: uptime seems fairly low. Should be >95% in most cases, but yours are 50-90% at a cursory glance.
    • You're clipping Envenom or using <5CP Envs occasionally. However, your gear could be at a point where you can't avoid capping CPs or energy without clipping during Hero+SB (I have to clip all over the place during Hero+SB, especially with a string of Blindside procs).
    • I'm seeing some strange SnD results on a few fights. There's only 1 cast (so it didn't drop), but the uptime is only ~70%. Could just be an issue with the logs, but make sure you're putting up SnD right away.

You're not doing anything terribly wrong except not maintaining Rupture. ShadowC puts your optimal DPS at 94k, so you're in a pretty good range taking into account fight mechanics.

If you're looking for tips on optimizing DPS for specific encounters rather than just generally, you can get some more specific information.
    Rupture is always up for me. Maybe its showing downtime due to tsulong phasing/Lei shi hide etc....

I do sometimes clip my envenom but its because my energy goes so high during cds its not a point to pool it. SnD is always up, i cast it once then keep it up.

Oh, looks like you died on Vizier. That was the main one with low SnD and Rupture uptime.

I mean, your dps isn't low. Any improvements you make will probably be minor and in multiple facets, which mostly just comes from experience. Not a lot of that can even be easily seen from logs. Reduce minor errors, increase dps a little bit at a time.