Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Master Yi, the beloved?

So here's my issue. Every single tier list I see, or guide, Master Yi is always dead bottom. When I pick him in-game (I solo rank queue), everybody whines and tell me to pick someone else. Tbh, I've hard great luck with him -- get 1 or 2 early kills, buy sword of the divine, press E, and two-shot people until mid game where you can get fed easily.

Why does everybody think of him as a weak champion? Maybe its because im still sub-1400 elo, I don't know. Shoot!

PS - I jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    So here's my issue. Every single tier list I see, or guide, Master Yi is always dead bottom. When I pick him in-game (I solo rank queue), everybody whines and tell me to pick someone else. Tbh, I've hard great luck with him -- get 1 or 2 early kills, buy sword of the divine, press E, and two-shot people until mid game where you can get fed easily.

Why does everybody think of him as a weak champion? Maybe its because im still sub-1400 elo, I don't know. Shoot!

PS - I jungle.
    He's easily shutdown by CC because he's melee. If you managed to consistently get 1 or 2 kills early, then the enemy probably doesn't have CC or know how to use it. As a jungler, he doesn't have that many tools to help out with ganks early until you can get your ult.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    According to LoL-king, Yi's picked 8.23% of the time, wins 48.99% of the time and is banned 0.57% of the time.

Rengar's the jungler with the worst win rate at 39.47%, and Amumu has the best with 54.98% (but is banned over half the time).

I'd say that Yi's one of the better ones at this time of the season.

With regards to people whining about Yi: Pick Rengar/Udyr, call Jungle, but don't lock in. Switch to Yi to appease your team-mates.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    the big problem is that Master Yi has no cc and no mechanics (if he goes ad) that will help him greatly. he's like a weak tryndamere jungle with the added bonus of being immune to all forms of CC that affects movement speed.

that said Master Yi can easily become a second ad carry if he's fed.

overall he doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant picking him over a champion that has some form of utility to assist the team with, but in his own he's not a bad champion.

Deleted
    He's good for killing turrets. Splitpushing. Nothing else. Against any competent team, splitpushing is all he's good for.

AP Yi is even more simple than Sword of the Divine>E.

Boots+3, Needlessly Large Rod. Alpha Strike = 60% of most mids hp.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Deleted
    I dunno. Most of my experience with Yi has been while leveling my first account.

Most often a smurf who goes ap, spams /taunt "Your skills are inferior" and /laugh. Proceeds to own the game, and generally feeling good about himself calling his team and enemy team noobs.

The few occasional Yi's in 30's normals and ranked are usually bad players who for some reason never know how to speak english.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a Melee Carry. Melee carries are, by and large, dead weight in this game.

Well, at least Tryndabad can slow, reduce AD and be undying for 5 seconds.
    Yi is just... there. Obviously if he's AP, he can be "undying" while he meditates too, but still.

I don't know what's more sad, when people have fun playing those champions or when people actually manage to feed them enough to make them effective.

Deleted
    I've played AD Yi (Jungle) about 10-12 times over the past week. I've won 100% of the games. Take of that what you will.

Deleted
    Well yeah, if you're good with the champ, there's no stopping you from winning with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I've played AD Yi (Jungle) about 10-12 times over the past week. I've won 100% of the games. Take of that what you will.
    Just means you got carried hard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Just means you got carried hard
    nuh-uh, i was doing ze carryings. Every game was 15+/1-4/10-20 assists

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    He's a Melee Carry. Melee carries are, by and large, dead weight in this game.
    I find Jayce good in this regards. He can be an AD carry and if there is an opportunity jump in and combo some sweet ass damage, or just build bruiser and be a real pain.

I like Yi too.
    He's a hyper carry jungler who can, thanks to his alpa strike, clear the jungle quite fast.

Early ganking also isn't that hard with Alpha and red buff.

If you make a good early you will become a deadly all-destroying killing machine of hell, whick practically flys over the map, thanks to the Ultimate which refreshes on kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 3 helped his jungle, just like many of the carry junglers. His clear is still pretty silly since it relies so much on the procs off his Q. When he gets them though his clear gets really fast. My one game as him is a win but I did terrible. Even though the jungle helps him a little, that was never his main problem. Melee carries are just too susceptible to CC and too squishy so they just die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Season 3 helped his jungle, just like many of the carry junglers. His clear is still pretty silly since it relies so much on the procs off his Q. When he gets them though his clear gets really fast. My one game as him is a win but I did terrible. Even though the jungle helps him a little, that was never his main problem. Melee carries are just too susceptible to CC and too squishy so they just die.
    his Q is 50% to proc from level 1 now so its much, much faster.

I used to play him on ranked. Won all games iirc without having to get carried. I like him a lot, and it's actually challenging to play him properly at times.

AD Yi is easily countered with armor and hard CC. He shines as AP though, with good runes and masteries he's quite hard to win lane against, pentakill machine as well because of his resets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    AD Yi is easily countered with armor and hard CC. He shines as AP though, with good runes and masteries he's quite hard to win lane against, pentakill machine as well because of his resets.
    If you'r eforced to stack Armor early-mid game cos a Jungle Yi, then the lanes have just won (Unless you're Rammus / Malphite)