Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Well, at least Tryndabad can slow, reduce AD and be undying for 5 seconds.
    Yi is just... there. Obviously if he's AP, he can be "undying" while he meditates too, but still.

I don't know what's more sad, when people have fun playing those champions or when people actually manage to feed them enough to make them effective.
    The odd thing about that is, Master Yi has a higher win rate than Trynd. Even Fiora and Gangplank's win rates are higher. That goes to show how significant Trynd's nerfs are.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Well, at least Tryndabad can slow, reduce AD and be undying for 5 seconds.
    Yi is just... there. Obviously if he's AP, he can be "undying" while he meditates too, but still.

I don't know what's more sad, when people have fun playing those champions or when people actually manage to feed them enough to make them effective.
    Trynda doesn't have an AS/MS steroid, and can't dodge or poke like Yi can with Alpha Strike.

Doesn't that just prove how idiotically effective pure damage champions are?

I find AP Yi's mid mildly annoying, but you can counter pick him easily with a bully/bruiser who can cancel out his heal, like Diana or Ahri.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't that just prove how idiotically effective pure damage champions are?
    Exactly. They're too binary in that they either just faceroll and wreck shit, or they just fall flat and die. It's the melee DPS that are more guilty of this because they have to eat more CC being thrown at the enemies, while ranged can stay away from quite a bit of the nasty CC.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I find AP Yi's mid mildly annoying, but you can counter pick him easily with a bully/bruiser who can cancel out his heal, like Diana or Ahri.
    Easily? A good AP Yi would know to only use Meditate if the opponents' disables are on CD. It's not easy to force him to use meditate. Especially after 6 where he can just disengage with his ulti and meditate at the turret.

Yi is one of my favorite champions even though he isn't that good.

"Your skills are inferior."

People usually say Yi is a weak character because they don`t really understand the character.

Yi is without a doubt, one of the hardest champions to play and master. What makes Yi so hard, is that you must know the exact moment of when to engage, when to flee, when to fake fleeing, when to tower dive, etc. Yi is a champion that to be played well, you must know all your oponents, all of your oppoents skill, know how much dmg they can deal, how much dmg they will take before trying to run, how fast they can run, what they can do to flee, etc. To really master Yi you must know EVERYTHING about the opponents team. IN THE BEGGINING OF THE GAME.

Another thing is that Yi is EXTREMELY gear dependant. You can only really GO FOR A KILL when you get some items, specially some life steal (at least 10%). Most people don`t understand that, and make just atk speed, or pure atk dmg items first.

I consider myself a really good player, specially when playing with Yi. I can safely say that if my team plays right (meaning: not feeding the other team), and after 15 minutes of game, I will have the highest farm of both teams, will get the itens I need, and from them on, I will carry the game.

Yi snowballs really really hard. Once you get your first itens, your life steal, and get a couple of kills, there`s no stopping Yi. There is no other champion in the game that can stop a Yi in equal gear and equal or similar frag (meaning not fed). And I say that being a player of Darius (which I consider my main), Kat, Swain, and Fiora. And I am a good player with those champions, but a Yi well played is unstoppable.

NOW, I`m not talking about TEAM FIGHTS. In TFs Yi is not the best champion I agree. But any smart player will not start a team fight in bad conditions. Ideally what you wanna do as Yi during team fight, only engage in the fight a few seconds after it has been started, alpha strike the ADC and kill him in 2-3 hits. If you do that, your job has been done. If you alpha strike the ADC, with your ult, you WILL kill him before he even realizes you`re hitting him.

FINAL NOTE FOR THE LAZY: Yi is unstoppable if played correctly, in a good team (meaning nobody is feedig the enemy team)

and then you realise nunu just e'd and exhausted you. Bye bye damage.

It's true that Yi snowballs very hard but in teamfights he's weak because he's usually quite squishy and can die in a single CC. He's insanely strong at splitpushing and 1on1 though. There is a reason he's considered a pubstomper (insane scaling with items and great damage) but is rarely played in competitive play (an organised team WILL cc and blow him up).

He's fun to play though but melee carries just have a very hard time in LoL

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    and then you realise nunu just e'd and exhausted you. Bye bye damage.

It's true that Yi snowballs very hard but in teamfights he's weak because he's usually quite squishy and can die in a single CC. He's insanely strong at splitpushing and 1on1 though. There is a reason he's considered a pubstomper (insane scaling with items and great damage) but is rarely played in competitive play (an organised team WILL cc and blow him up).

He's fun to play though but melee carries just have a very hard time in LoL
    Most AD Yi's don't build glasscannon. That's just something the bad Yi's do. Yi is generally not squishy at all. Just like Nocturne.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Yi snowballs really really hard. Once you get your first itens, your life steal, and get a couple of kills, there`s no stopping Yi. There is no other champion in the game that can stop a Yi in equal gear and equal or similar frag (meaning not fed). And I say that being a player of Darius (which I consider my main), Kat, Swain, and Fiora. And I am a good player with those champions, but a Yi well played is unstoppable.
    Just play a champion with hard CC. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Just play a champion with hard CC. Problem solved.
    For example?? What champion is going to keep Master Yi CC'd for 5-6 seconds?? And by CC'd I mean STUNNED. Because if it's not stunned, you just use Alpha Strike to get to your target and you automatically hit the target with 2-3 basic attacks, each healing you for at least 600 hp.

Seriously, a full equipped Yi can beat ANYONE in 1v1. I can't think of any champion that can kill him 1v1 before he can get some basic attacks in, which will heal him for an insane amount.

Pay more attention to the game and you will see what I mean. I am talking about 1V1. Yi will literally destroy Malphite, Shen, Rammus, Nunu, etc. When I play Yi against a Nunu for example, you know Nunu will get in the middle of the fight and ult. I go straight for Nunu and keep hitting him. I stay full health at all times, take the monster hit which brings me to 30% or so, and then 1-2 seconds later, I am already at full health again.

Again, I am talking 1v1.

If you start talking about team fights, then it's another story. Everyone should and most likely will focus Yi and explode him. True. But then again, WHAT champion can survive 4-5 players CCing and DPSing him down?? Probably not many, unless it's a tank.

I seriously don't know why people keep saying this. "CC Master Yi and kill him. He won't do anything." That statemente is true for ANY champion. CC Darius and kill him. CC Jayce and kill him, CC WHATEVER and kill him/her.

The point is that playing as Yi, you have to be smart. You DO NOT get in the middle of a team fight. You kill your targets 1 by 1.

BTW, I just played a ranked game last night as Yi. Did 19/0, with a Quadra kill. Now, I'm not saying I am a super player. Hell no. I rarely play ranked, and my ello is what you'd call ello hell. But I decided to play some ranked games yesterday to prove my point (usually in ranked games, people don't feed the other team as easily). But even playing in ello hell, I would like to see anyone do that (19/0 or similar) with any other champion. I personally have never seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    For example?? What champion is going to keep Master Yi CC'd for 5-6 seconds?? And by CC'd I mean STUNNED. Because if it's not stunned, you just use Alpha Strike to get to your target and you automatically hit the target with 2-3 basic attacks, each healing you for at least 600 hp.

Seriously, a full equipped Yi can beat ANYONE in 1v1. I can't think of any champion that can kill him 1v1 before he can get some basic attacks in, which will heal him for an insane amount.

Pay more attention to the game and you will see what I mean. I am talking about 1V1. Yi will literally destroy Malphite, Shen, Rammus, Nunu, etc. When I play Yi against a Nunu for example, you know Nunu will get in the middle of the fight and ult. I go straight for Nunu and keep hitting him. I stay full health at all times, take the monster hit which brings me to 30% or so, and then 1-2 seconds later, I am already at full health again.

Again, I am talking 1v1.

If you start talking about team fights, then it's another story. Everyone should and most likely will focus Yi and explode him. True. But then again, WHAT champion can survive 4-5 players CCing and DPSing him down?? Probably not many, unless it's a tank.

I seriously don't know why people keep saying this. "CC Master Yi and kill him. He won't do anything." That statemente is true for ANY champion. CC Darius and kill him. CC Jayce and kill him, CC WHATEVER and kill him/her.

The point is that playing as Yi, you have to be smart. You DO NOT get in the middle of a team fight. You kill your targets 1 by 1.

BTW, I just played a ranked game last night as Yi. Did 19/0, with a Quadra kill. Now, I'm not saying I am a super player. Hell no. I rarely play ranked, and my ello is what you'd call ello hell. But I decided to play some ranked games yesterday to prove my point (usually in ranked games, people don't feed the other team as easily). But even playing in ello hell, I would like to see anyone do that (19/0 or similar) with any other champion. I personally have never seen it.
    Do you build Yi as a full glasscannon, or bruiser? Because I've heard some good success stories about people building the bruiser route on him.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Do you build Yi as a full glasscannon, or bruiser? Because I've heard some good success stories about people building the bruiser route on him.
    It really depends on the game of course. If you are fed or not. USUALLY I build him full glasscannon. Because I can usually get fed early game. I ALWAYS build 2 itens that to me are essential. The bloodthirst and phantom dancer (sorry I don't remember the names EXACTLY in English, I play in the Brazilian server). I consider those 2 itens must have. After you get those 2 itens, 2 things can happen, or have already happened.

First, the game is almost tied. There is nobody fed. In this situation, I go full glasscannon. Because if nobody is fed, like I said, Master Yi can take on pretty much anyone 1v1. So just go around (usually Master Yi plays jungle so you can do this), picking up kills here and there. Once you have enough kills, and are fed, IMHO why not go full glasscannon? At this point, I buy the Infinity, and 2 more Bloodthirst. Yes, 2 more. In total I have 3. When those 3 are full stacked, you will have 60%+ (depending on masteries, runes, etc). At this point, I am unstoppable and can carry the game easily. I kill most champions in 2-3 hits. Heal myself for 1000k+ with each hit.

Second, someone on the other team is fed. In this situation (which is harder to happen in ranked games, because in theory, everyone plays well, and nobody will be really fed, but it can happen), I build bruiser. Frozen Mallet is a must of course. Building him bruiser is a nice build as well. I've had some success with it as well.

I've been toying with the ideia of builing him hybrid, like Jax. I personally never did it, but I've heard about some people doing it and having success with it. I might try it and see how it goes.

But all in all, it really depends on the game. PERSONALLY I prefer full glasscannon. Pick a target, kill him, move on to the next one. It's amazing how many kills you can get, before people start to realize they need to group up to have a chance.

He has no CC, and is blown up in about 2 globals in every single teamfight past level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18