Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What's your win ratio?

So, in the process of grinding out Conqueror at the moment. Currently sitting at Exalted with Frostwolves, Revered with Defilers, and Friendly with Warsong.

While waiting for queues, I've started to think about the common ideas regarding win ratios. No matter what faction you seem to choose, it *feels* like you lose more often than not in the grand scheme of things. At least, that's how it has been for me. There have been slight periods where it felt like my faction won quite a bit for a small streak, but it would certainly even out eventually.

I checked my statistics and noted some interesting numbers:

Battlegrounds played: 1014
    Battleground played the most: 319 (AB)
    Battlegrounds won: 480
    Battlegrounds won the most: 160 (AB)

This is interesting because it would suggest that this character (who is Horde) has lost more than twice as much as he's won. In the breakdown per BG, this character won more than he lost in only Twin Peaks, with Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley, and Battle of Gilneas shortly behind.

So, what are your win ratio stats? Do you think your specific faction *feels* like it loses more often no matter what faction you play? Bear in mind I am only speaking about NON-RATED battlegrounds.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    So, in the process of grinding out Conqueror at the moment. Currently sitting at Exalted with Frostwolves, Revered with Defilers, and Friendly with Warsong.

While waiting for queues, I've started to think about the common ideas regarding win ratios. No matter what faction you seem to choose, it *feels* like you lose more often than not in the grand scheme of things. At least, that's how it has been for me. There have been slight periods where it felt like my faction won quite a bit for a small streak, but it would certainly even out eventually.

I checked my statistics and noted some interesting numbers:

Battlegrounds played: 1014
    Battleground played the most: 319 (AB)
    Battlegrounds won: 480
    Battlegrounds won the most: 160 (AB)

This is interesting because it would suggest that this character (who is Horde) has lost more than twice as much as he's won. In the breakdown per BG, this character won more than he lost in only Twin Peaks, with Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley, and Battle of Gilneas shortly behind.

So, what are your win ratio stats? Do you think your specific faction *feels* like it loses more often no matter what faction you play? Bear in mind I am only speaking about NON-RATED battlegrounds.
    According to your stats you won 480 battlegrounds and lost 534. This appears to be almost a 50/50 win/loss ratio. Where are you getting the idea that you lose more than double what you win from?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by summons inc View Post
    According to your stats you won 480 battlegrounds and lost 534. This appears to be almost a 50/50 win/loss ratio. Where are you getting the idea that you lose more than double what you win from?
    I misspoke, I meant that I lose more than half of the BGs I play. X.X

Deleted
    BG's played: 1734
    BG's won: 923

But i'm Alliance

Deleted
    As a Horde Rogue.

Battlegrounds played: 1554
    Battleground played the most: 260 (WSG)
    Battlegrounds won: 1035
    Battlegrounds won the most: 183 (WSG)

10+ Year Old Account
    What I really like is my Alterac Valley win-loss ratio:

Battleground played the most Alterac Valley (407)
    Battleground won the most Alterac Valley (221)

I am Horde and I think this is due to my "tom-tom"-Style macro which encourages players to defend Galvangar and retap towers.

Deleted
    Was hoping more posts here I find readings peoples win ratio in bgs somewhat interesting.

My statistics are wrong, or at least they were last time I checked. Adding together all the individual battlegrounds I've played equals more than the total number of battlegrounds I've apparently played.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Battlegrounds played 188
    Rated battlegrounds played 1
    Battleground played the mostWarsong Gulch (65)
    Rated battleground played the mostBattle for Gilneas (1)
    Battlegrounds won 107
    Rated battlegrounds won--
    Battleground won the mostWarsong Gulch (42)

So for me it's about 65-35 wins on my main. I'll post my main pvp alt in a bit! (I'm alliance btw)

Okay, for my main pvp alt:

Battlegrounds played 180
    Rated battlegrounds played 2
    Battleground played the mostTwin Peaks (45)
    Rated battleground played the mostTwin Peaks (1)
    Battlegrounds won 105
    Rated battlegrounds won 1
    Battleground won the mostTwin Peaks (29)
    Rated battleground won the mostTwin peaks (1)

Seems after all I don't really pvp very much. But the numbers are relatively similar

We'll OP, you wanted the ultimate win-ratio, and here is my story;

Back inn around 2010 (Or was it before or after mm?) I was grinding BGs. Just another random BG, inspecting people etc, and I come across a hunter. Now its not uncommon to see people with many honor kill's, but he had something else besides well above Bloodthirsty: Over 6k BG's played. Yes I coulden't belive it at first, but it was true. I whispered him and instantly asked if he was mostly pugging or doing premades.

He thankfully answered back to me, and said he played mostly pugs, but also did alot of premades. His win ratio was about 40-50%, Alliance. So there you have it, the best statistic Ive ever seen Ive got about the same win rate, but only like 1.2k BG's played on my druid trough all the years and I useally tend to premade alot, when I did grind something inn BG's. Or tried to lead pugs very well.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Seemes my better of the two are AB and WSG

Warsong Gulch Battles 377
    Warsong Gulch victories 236

Arathi Basin Battles 360
    Arathi Basin victories 227

So between the two i've played 737 games, won 463. I'll take that 60% win ratio. And I never run premades.
    Last edited by klob; 2013-01-05 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    On mah rogue..

Battlegrounds played 1,436 ~65% win ratio
    Battlegrounds won 947

Alterac Valley battles 124 ~53% win ratio
    Alterac Valley victories 66

Isle of Conquest battles 195 ~57% win ratio
    Isle of Conquest victories 111

those 2 bgs pulling the win/loss ratio down

Twin Peaks battles 164 ~75% win ratio
    Twin Peaks victories 123

Battle for Gilneas battles 201 ~78% win ratio
    Battle for Gilneas victories 157

Silvershard Mines battles 35 ~77% win ratio
    Silvershard Mines victories 27

Temple of Kotmogu battles 39 ~69% win ratio
    Temple of Kotmogu victories 27

those on the other hand, alliance can just bend over as the queue pops.
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2013-01-05 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I misspoke, I meant that I lose more than half of the BGs I play. X.X
    According to your stats, you've won 480/1014 BGs. That's 47.3% win ratio. That's pretty good when you factor in Horde struggles in 40 man BGs, and you join losing BGs more often than not.

As for my stats, I'm 1802/3076 Bgs won. That's 58% win ratio on my main. About half of those games were played when I was alliance, and half as horde. Same battlegroup.

My only two BGs that I have a losing % in are IoC and AV. They were a positive % when I was alliance.

As for my alts that I am leveling via BGs, they all have around a 70% win ratio in the smaller BGs. This is mostly due to full heirlooms that are enchanted, and it's pretty easy to make in impact in a match.

Horde Hunter - Breesy, Emerald Dream.

Battlegrounds played 2,881
    Battlegrounds won 1,747

battlegrounds played 2,811
    battlegrounds won 1,651

my wsg ratio is really low because i avoid the fuck out of that place 220 played/107 won.
    strand is weirdly high, because apparently i'm the only person in the universe who likes strand 554 played/308 won.

i think the EoTS statistic is broken, because it says 283 played 73 won, and i've defiantly won more then 73 because i've got the 100 matches played achievement.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

The reflex addon, which I started using mid-Cata, shows me as 338 wins, 220 losses. Going back to vanilla, it's 1065 wins out of 1999 games.

edit - alliance side, mostly pugs, but some premades, if it matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    My current main is a priest, BG'd as all 3 specs at a pretty even ratio, mostly Horde games:

1,662 played
    1,094 won

My best BG is WSG at 222/291, probably because it's a popular premade BG.

I win more on my horde priest, and I win pretty much as much as I lose on my alliance druid. I heal with both in random BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my main (I have a new account)

BGs played - 79

BGs won - 44