Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Alliance Major War Crime is Discrimination!

Let me get this straight, they accept Death Knights into the Alliance, but refuse the Forsaken? Now I am not talking about the ones loyal to the Undercity, but instead the ones post Wotlk.

I am sure I am missing something, but a lot of people tend to forget that just because Death Knights look like us, in lore THEY ARE DEAD! Anyone care to clear this up?

Sloppy writing and game mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    I am sure I am missing something, but a lot of people tend to forget that just because Death Knights look like us, in lore THEY ARE DEAD!
    So they are dead? What now? Just have to get it by the Nightelfs and all is good.

Deleted
    DK =/= Forsaken.

Big difference, enough said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    DK =/= Forsaken.

Yeah, Forsaken are their fallen comrades and family members who were recently released from slavery. DKs are their fallen comrades and family members who were recently released from slavery.

DK's are fallen warriors who redeemed themselves during the lich king raid (?)
    forsaken betrayed both factions at wrath gate, and currently occupy lordaeron. among other things.
    i may not be great at lore, but i know neither faction forgives easily.
    also, Tirion fordring vouched for the deathknights in the starter zone quests.

edit: also, i don't think they really accept the death knights rather they accept them as a neccessary evil like warlocks.

DK =/= Forsaken.

Death Knights: Screwed over by the Lich King, and have no place to call home.

Undead (Not loyal to Undercity): Brought back to life, and no place to call home.

Deleted
    Death Knights: Screwed over by the Lich King, and have no place to call home.

Undead (Not loyal to Undercity): Brought back to life, and no place to call home.
    Did you have to quote me just to prove my exact point ?

Did you have to quote me just to prove my exact point ?
    My sarcasm meter is running low on juice . However my pride is to high to change/delete that post!

Deleted
    My sarcasm meter is running low on juice . However my pride is to high to change/delete that post!
    It's ok, it happens to make mistakes.. few years ago i did one too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really doesn't make a difference if a DK or a Forsaken wants to join the Alliance, and it wouldn't be that big of a problem. (Besides most Forsaken and their leaders are former Alliance) But yeah, game mechanics.

War Crime? How the fuck is that war crime? Did you make this thread because you're high or what?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Human DKs are from Stormwind where Forsaken and Forsaken DKs are from Lordaeron.
    So Stormwind humans don't like Lordaeron undead, but when its one of thier own eh ..... Its ok.
    or
    just poor story writing

Deleted
    i guess there are couple of reasons for the alliance to keep a distance to the forsaken...

first of all, when the forsaken came into being the undead threat of the lich king was imminent.
    dealing with the forsaken was risky, nobody knew if they could become controlled by the lich king again once they have freed themselves.
    so they joined the horde for convenience issues ... if the alliance doesn't want them back, they need another, strong partner to ensure their survival...

a couple of years later (during the WotLK exp) Death Knigts proved (not the alliance or horde) to the Argent Dawn that they have overcome their masters controll. Tirion Fordring then accepted the Knight of the Ebon Blade as a trustworthy group of allies, thus paving the way for them to join the alliance...
    joining the horde didn't need as much convincing because the horde already knew about the undead through the forsaken ...

i guess this is the reason why.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    i guess there are couple of reasons for the alliance to keep a distance to the forsaken...

first of all, when the forsaken came into being the undead threat of the lich king was imminent.
    dealing with the forsaken was risky, nobody knew if they could become controlled by the lich king again once they have freed themselves.
    so they joined the horde for convenience issues ... if the alliance doesn't want them back, they need another, strong partner to ensure their survival...

a couple of years later (during the WotLK exp) Death Knigts proved (not the alliance or horde) to the Argent Dawn that they have overcome their masters controll. Tirion Fordring then accepted the Knight of the Ebon Blade as a trustworthy group of allies, thus paving the way for them to join the alliance...
    joining the horde didn't need as much convincing because the horde already knew about the undead through the forsaken ...

i guess this is the reason why.
    With the Death Knights proving they could resist the Lich King, what is to make Farmer Joe any different? If anything since the Death Knights proved it is possible, why would leaders in the Alliance question other innocent Undead?
    Last edited by PvPisthelifeforme; 2013-01-05 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

With the Death Knights proving they could resist the Lich King, what is to make Farmer Joe any different? If anything since the Death Knights proved it is possible, why would leaders in the Alliance question other innocent Undead?
    Because an evil creature, maybe an old god, called "g'amem ec'hani'c". He would let Undeads use the Holy Light without evaporizing, and living Humans use the power of shadows without dieing horribly or going batshit insane. And some other minor lorerapes. (All because the didn't feed him enough tentacles, that's why they retconed Draenei in the first place, you know!)
    Last edited by DieFichte; 2013-01-05 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, people have to be "high" to ask questions, interesting.

Not all Forsaken are from Lordaeron, it is seen through the Western Plaguelands that the Forsaken are raising any body they can get their hands on. While yes 7/10 will be for the Banshee Queen, some are given the choice to live out the rest of their Undead ways.

That is where the issues arises, Death Knights, the ones who MUST kill to sedate the voices in their heads, are welcomed in no problem. However those innocent to be raised by the Forsaken, and choose to not join them are forced to die again.
    Guess what the Plaguelands where called before they were plagued .... Wait for it .... Lordaeron.
    Also your reply does not remotely answer why we see no Ally forsaken running around ....
    Hold on ... I see where this is going now Ally players want the playable forsaken and high elves.
    [insert a comedic tone in this reply some where]

How about... Forsaken races that belonged to Alliance should be playable as Horde?

#justsaying

Didn't forsaken turn their backs on alliance because stormwind didn't help lordearon much during scourge plague? I might be wrong but I thought it was fosaken who didnt want to work with alliance not the other way around, while alliance death knights are hereos who were fighting alongside alliance before they got changed into arthas' servants. At least thats how I always explained it to myself so that it makes sense :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    How about... Forsaken races that belonged to Alliance should be playable as Horde?

#justsaying
    Generally, Dwarves/Gnomes do not come back as common undead, aka forsaken. Arthas created the first Banshee, AKA Sylvannas. His necromancers, learning of this, then started making Banshees from the souls of fallen Elves.

Just like how Worgen are immune to the plague, Dwarves/Gnomes are also immune. Same thing for Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Draenei, ect.

Death Knights are a whole nother bargain. Forsaken members = anything that was killed/raised by the plague. Common Scourge footsoldiers, in other words. Death Knights = elite warriors that fought valiently against the LK, and was raised, specifically BY the Lich King (reg necromancers can't do that), retaining most of thier fighting experiences, with new DK only skillz. Pandaren aren't able to become Death Knights simply because by the time they rejoined the outside world at large, the LK was long dead. Any Pandaren DKs are special Lore only things, AKA an adventurous panda that had a run of bad luck with the LK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.