Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Jaina was guilty of theft from the blue dragonflight and Dalaran. That is all.
    She didn't steal anything from the Blue Dragonflight. She found the Focusing Iris in the ruins of Theramore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood WHY garithos was the leader of the Alliance forces, he was a terrible leader who let his racism and prejudice cloud his judgment, he is a terrible military leader

case in point, he sent the small blood elven army to fight off "a vast undead army advancing on the ruins of Dalaran" (where Garithos' primary base was located), however his racism dictated he make it nigh-impossible for the blood elves to succeed via removing most of kaels forces, Garithos clearly could have spared an entire battalion for the blood elves (as a spellbreaker says that Garithos has brought an entire battalion with him when he arrives), if the naga had not helped the blood elves, the scourge would have killed and raised them, then moved on to destroy and re-take the main base of the Alliance in the ruins of Dalaran

lets think more on this, the scourge would be in control of what remains of Dalaran, meaning it would never have been rebuilt by Rhonin and Co, meaning it wouldnt have been able to go to northrend to oppose Malygos in the nexus war, and would never have been able to become a staging ground for the fight against the Lich King, Malygos would have succeeded in redirecting ALL MAGIC to the nexus, which would have resulted in NO ARCANE FOR ANYONE, meaing only shamans, druid, paladins and necromancers would have been the only magic users, removing the Blood elves and Kirin Tor from the war effort against the Lich King, which would have made it an even more uphill battle against the Scourge

in short, Garithos' stupid vendetta against everything that isnt human nearly caused the Scourge to consume the entire of Azeroth
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2013-01-06 at 04:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    did the forsaken ever really try?

Have you guys ever thought of the ramifications of having zombies walk around in Stormwind? What would the children think? They'd all have nightmares and become mentally unstable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Have you guys ever thought of the ramifications of having zombies walk around in Stormwind? What would the children think? They'd all have nightmares and become mentally unstable.
    They seemed fine when I took the orphans on a tour of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen probably weren't taken to kindly by the average citizen. Draenei probably weren't popular either due to simply how alien ;P they are to the people of Azeroth.

It not discrimination, its being sane. One day, Horde will get damaged badly because of their trust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Technically the undead are Lordaeron's survivors. Only a few did not get he plague, the alliance that tried to take back Lordaeron I believe were from other places were humans lived. So really it was the undead's to take anyways.
    The New Alliance were mostly the survivors of Lordaeron just as the Forsaken are with other Humans Kingdoms such as Dalaran accompanied by other races like the Undead High Elves and Blood Elves for the New Alliance.
    They're pretty square in terms of their composition. Although this is besides the point when the agreement was for the New Alliance to get Lordaeron.

Forsaken betrayed the first alliance army they came through. Then they started massacring innocent villagers around lordaeron. And using their flesh and bone.

Forsaken are not misunderstood or rejected just because they are undead. They are sadistic criminals to alliance eyes.

Completely different situations. Forsaken pre-WotLK followed a vicious plague pandemic that wiped out the vast majority of Lordaeron. Forsaken post-WotLK live with the negative image which they've built up since the Wrathgate that remains a heavy influence on how people view them.

Death knights were hesitantly accepted into the Alliance and the Horde as representatives of the Knights of the Ebon Blade, sent with a letter directed towards each faction's leader by Lord Fordring.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    Let me get this straight, they accept Death Knights into the Alliance, but refuse the Forsaken? Now I am not talking about the ones loyal to the Undercity, but instead the ones post Wotlk.

I am sure I am missing something, but a lot of people tend to forget that just because Death Knights look like us, in lore THEY ARE DEAD! Anyone care to clear this up?
    You are missing something.

The Death Knights of Acherus don't go around killing off every survivor in Lordaeron, they haven't developed or used the Blight, they haven't made war on every single one of their neighbours, they don't make a habit of torture, slavery or medical experimentation, they don't lobotomise prisoners, they haven't allied with active members of the Scourge, they haven't fed prisoners to their pets, they don't use prisoners as incubators for spiders, they didn't betray, backstab or kill off Alliance forces allied to them.....

The Forsaken aren't rejected by the Alliance because they are undead. They are rejected because in almost every way, they act as if they never left the Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    I never understood WHY garithos was the leader of the Alliance forces, he was a terrible leader who let his racism and prejudice cloud his judgment, he is a terrible military leader
    Because he was the senior officer there at that time. A more telling question is why KT allowed himself to be bossed around by someone who he essentially outranked.

case in point, he sent the small blood elven army to fight off "a vast undead army advancing on the ruins of Dalaran" (where Garithos' primary base was located), however his racism dictated he make it nigh-impossible for the blood elves to succeed via removing most of kaels forces, Garithos clearly could have spared an entire battalion for the blood elves (as a spellbreaker says that Garithos has brought an entire battalion with him when he arrives)
    Which presumes those forces weren't needed elsewhere.

if the naga had not helped the blood elves, the scourge would have killed and raised them, then moved on to destroy and re-take the main base of the Alliance in the ruins of Dalaran
    Or KT would have held in place long enough for Garithos to defeat the Scourges main thrust and return to assist the force guarding his flank. We simply do not know anywhere near enough to second guess Garithos.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-01-06 at 09:36 AM.

Because the rest of the things that happen in wow won't?

Just a few examples off the top of my head....

1. The sheer number of NPCs who clearly have PTSD

2. Stormwind being attacked by a dragon as large as it's castle (Deathwing)

3. A few years earlier the daughter of that dragon was exposed in the throne room (the one place that should be safest in the city)

4. The Defias riots

5. The damn stockades are always having a riot

6. The Archbishop of Stormwind became corrupted and almost blew up the Cathedral, the other place that should have been safest.

7. Giant albino crocolisk in the canals

I could go on for some time, but lets face it, the whole world of Azeroth is likely insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Alliance doesn't want to have Forsaken in the alliance because they smell bad (decaying flesh and such)....

Deleted
    So whats up with this? Discrimination... This is just game.
    I say Alliance should discriminate Horde races, hate them, and want to erradicate them!
    And then i say Horde should do the same with Alliance.

I wana have a full scale war here alright? Where are the god damn charges? Where are them war heroes launching their armies on the field, wheres the relentless march to Stormwind? Where be the loud drums that lay panic across the foes?
    This i want from a WARcraft game!
    Last edited by mmoc68976ba3b0; 2013-01-06 at 11:07 AM.

case in point, he sent the small blood elven army to fight off "a vast undead army advancing on the ruins of Dalaran"
    was that the same blood elves that 5 mins ago were whining that they never get to do anything important and are just given menial task?
    Garithos clearly could have spared an entire battalion for the blood elves (as a spellbreaker says that Garithos has brought an entire battalion with him when he arrives)
    I don't see how that says he had the forces to spare at the moment he gave them the mission

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Because an evil creature, maybe an old god, called "g'amem ec'hani'c". He would let Undeads use the Holy Light without evaporizing, and living Humans use the power of shadows without dieing horribly or going batshit insane. And some other minor lorerapes. (All because the didn't feed him enough tentacles, that's why they retconed Draenei in the first place, you know!)
    This right here, is freaking gold! I buste up laughing hard! But back on topic I kinda of understand the questionn but one thing I do not understand is how that is a war crime? A war crime would be more like the wrathgate incident, dropping a bomb on innocent druids in students in stonetalon, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken being neutral actually makes sense.
    There is those Forsaken who secretly hate all (Wrathgate), those who favor the horde and feel like the Alliance have betrayed them, and those that would seem to prefer to still be on the Alliance side, because they still maintain their humanity.
    Just look at that Forsaken female in Glades, SM and Scholo. She is Forsaken and wanted to be 'NPC Alliance' but decided to hate against them because her father was ruthless and crazy.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Alliance attempted genocide against the Orcs by invading Outland. Jaina attempted genocide against Orgrimmar. The Alliance enslaved the Orcs and many still hold the view that they should be exterminated.
    I would remind you that all that shit happened AFTER the orcs came through the dark portal and brutally attacked the alliance for no reason. In fact, if i remember my warcraft correctly, the only reason the alliance exists today is because it was created to fight against the orc onslaught. Invaders from another world who don't belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    I would remind you that all that shit happened AFTER the orcs came through the dark portal and brutally attacked the alliance for no reason. In fact, if i remember my warcraft correctly, the only reason the alliance exists today is because it was created to fight against the orc onslaught. Invaders from another world who don't belong here.
    The Horde had a reason, their society had been corrupted by KJ and Mannoroth and they were pointed at Azeroth as a place to "expand" without knowing their demonic masters would just turn it into a molten uninhabitable rock and enslave them all. Also not all imprisoned Orcs were soldiers, all Orcs were placed in camps, every little child, every Frostwolf (who ran away from the Horde and went into an uninhabited valley in Alterac) that strayed too far from their valley.

Name a race on Azeroth and I shall find a serious crime in their past. None have clean hands, none are fit to judge. This is the very nature of Azeroth's story. Mortal fools muddling through with individual heroes rising above petty vendettas and recriminations to save the world.

Of course that's how it currently stands. Retcons await us. They are as inevitable as a trogg scratching his butt (The Dwarves greatest sin is awakening those things so we are forced to endure looking at them).

No, in WC3, Sylvanas attacked the Alliance when she became leader of the forsaken. Blame her.