Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why doesn't Blizzard listen to it's playerbase on PvP issues

Whenever there is X problem in PvP or a potential to be Y problem in PvP, the playerbase(Often times very High rated) lets blizzard know. However, blizzard almost ALWAYS ignores us and 9 out of 10 times, we end up being right and Blizzard being wrong. Why is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    because the majority of the playerbase doesnt know whats good for wow pvp outside of their own personal favourite class
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Because WoW is mostly meant to be a PvE game?

Ghostcrawler and his B-team are busy balancing pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Because WoW is mostly meant to be a PvE game?
    Only keyboard turning Dragon slayers think this. That's why your numbers are often cut for the superior aspect of the game(PvP)

Deleted
    Because Blizzard listened to the community on several occasions and they got their ass handed to them. If you were around during the WotLK beta and launch, surely you will remember the DeathKnight disaster. It took Blizzard about one full expansion to repair the damage done by the players "feedback".

Also, Blizzard knows more about their game and has more statistics about any aspect of it than the entire community combined. They know all about which spec is chosen most, what damage is average for a certain class, how many spells and abilities are used by most of the players and even which green item is the most popular by Female Dwarf Rogues in Winterspring during sunset.

It is not only arrogant, but also insulting and disrespectful to even assume you, or any of the players in this community, knows more about the game than Blizzard does.

Does that mean Blizzard makes no mistakes? No. They do. And they admit so on an almost daily basis. Does it mean the community is always wrong? Again, no. A lot of good points are made, bugs are found, issues are reported and problems are submitted. But the community of this game (at least a vocal minority) has become so obsessed, self-centered, entitled, bittered and angry at EVERY GOD DAMN THING is wrong in their opinion, that no matter what Blizzard does, they always end up being blamed for everything.

Because a great deal of times the players are saying bullshit that will only favour their class instead of the game as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Whenever there is X problem in PvP or a potential to be Y problem in PvP, the playerbase(Often times very High rated) lets blizzard know. However, blizzard almost ALWAYS ignores us and 9 out of 10 times, we end up being right and Blizzard being wrong. Why is this?
    Because your objective is to win.

Blizzards objective is to make money.

Those two things often contradict each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Because Blizzard listened to the community on several occasions and they got their ass handed to them. If you were around during the WotLK beta and launch, surely you will remember the DeathKnight disaster. It took Blizzard about one full expansion to repair the damage done by the players "feedback".
    Actually, no. DKs were nerfed throughout Beta. If you think DKS were OP at WOTLK launch, you should of been around during early BETA

Deleted
    They will listen but overall they know better how to balance things than players, that's why they won't really do anything about it unless they can proof it to be broken badly.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    They do listen to proper advice, just not to random QQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because literally 90% of the PvP community has no idea how certain things work...
    Most of the time I'm reading posts here, I end up facepalming because of the claims other people make. Sometimes people even say stuff so stupid it makes me lose my temper.

However, I do think blizzard needs to ask multi glads and rank 1 players for help on how to balance everything, and I'd gladly help them with that.
    Even though I'm a bit biased myself towards my own class, warlock, I have a very good view of how the current balance is and what needs to get changed. It's us, the very top of PvP that knows how everything works, how the synergy between classes is, etc. Blizzard on the other hand only has some numbers that really mean nothing.
    Right now, blizzard isn't fixing what is broken, they are simply breaking it in a different way. The healing nerf and the upcomming blood fear nerf are good examples of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it may affect PvE.
    Currently Procrastinating

Because pretty much every time the playerbase starts about PvP-balance people are suggesting (Heh, silly me, i meant demanding) ridiculous buffs to their class/spec of choice and similarly sizable nerfs to whatever class or spec they got killed by in their most recent BG/arena match, which makes for a huge number of conflicting perspectives, of which hardly any have actual balance in mind...

Deleted
    I like to think of this situation like that of a restaurant.

Let's say that I run a restaurant "chez orc" or whatever. If you come and eat in my restaurant I will be very happy. If you offer feedback I will be very glad to see if anything you are proposing is do-able. But if you come in my restaurant claiming you are world class chef and yelling that I have no idea what I am doing and that I should give you everything and go kill myself... well at that point I will stop listening and start calling the police.

The only way to consistently change a situation is to stop paying. You don't like my food? Don't come in my restaurant. Same principle applies to WoW IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post

Also, Blizzard knows more about their game and has more statistics about any aspect of it than the entire community combined. They know all about which spec is chosen most, what damage is average for a certain class, how many spells and abilities are used by most of the players and even which green item is the most popular by Female Dwarf Rogues in Winterspring during sunset.

It is not only arrogant, but also insulting and disrespectful to even assume you, or any of the players in this community, knows more about the game than Blizzard does.

Does that mean Blizzard makes no mistakes? No. They do. And they admit so on an almost daily basis. Does it mean the community is always wrong? Again, no. A lot of good points are made, bugs are found, issues are reported and problems are submitted. But the community of this game (at least a vocal minority) has become so obsessed, self-centered, entitled, bittered and angry at EVERY GOD DAMN THING is wrong in their opinion, that no matter what Blizzard does, they always end up being blamed for everything.
    This. Amen.

Thousands of ppl what a thousand different things. Some have valid reasons or points many do not. Ppl also often fail to see why what they want is a poor idea or how it will effect other ppl or parts of the game. Is blizzard going to get it right 100% of the time of course not, but they do a much better job then the random forum qqers that rage about nerfs, buff and balance.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should listen to feedback, just not from the average player, only from the top players that know what's going on.

5.2 is a perfect example, people already know that rogues will be overpowered in pvp again just like they were through all of cata. blizzard can talk about statistics all they want, common sense tells everyone who play pvp at a high level that rogues will need nerfs soon after 5.2. we also called it on warriors being overpowered to start mop. the players may not have every piece of data on every little part of the game, but those of us who are high rated play it enough to know when something is broken or going to be broken when it hits live from looking at patch notes. save this thread and my post if you want to go back after it hits live to see if i was wrong. both monks specs will also be really strong in pvp next patch as well but i wouldn't call for nerfs yet until i see some play from them on live.

Because it may affect PvE.
    That's why they keep destroying PvE playing style for the sake of PvP balance?
    Last edited by Army Dreamer; 2013-01-05 at 11:19 AM.