Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Tell me, at your workplace ( if you have one ), does your boss / superintended listen to all you crap? I didn't think so either.
    The problem with the playerbase feedback is that it's always biased. Bads just want what's best for their fotm class, while the others get the scraps.
    Blizz has statistics, and polls to it's side...they could just go ahead and completely ignore the players and do their job.
    And to be honest, outside some minor bug abusing /exploiting ( which let's face it, are hard to predict ) wow is going more than fine.
    Of all classes above 2.2k rating in 3s. Almost 50% is either a warrior (20%), a paladin(16%) or a shaman(13%).
    Warlocks, deathknights, rogues and monks combined make up for 10%. In other words, there are twice as many warriors above 2.2k then these 4 classes combined.

    If you say this is fine, your definition of fine is wrong.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Of all classes above 2.2k rating in 3s. Almost 50% is either a warrior (20%), a paladin(16%) or a shaman(13%).
    Warlocks, deathknights, rogues and monks combined make up for 10%. In other words, there are twice as many warriors above 2.2k then these 4 classes combined.

    If you say this is fine, your definition of fine is wrong.
    Thank you for giving us another great example of player bias and misconception: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/blackout/3v3
    I see more warlocks, spriests, mages, paladins, rdruids as opposed to what you stated.

  3. #63
    High Overlord Antixmother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    162
    Fairly certain the devs will know more about the game then 95% of the playerbase. You also have to keep in mind that balancing is not that easiest thing to do. You change the value of one thing and it affects PvE and PvP when only one side may have an issue. I'm sure they don't just sit around reading the forums laughing at all the QQ about balancing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    [URL=http://sig.lanjelin.com/user/antixmother]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Makes me wish there was some sort of common sense internet fairy that could visit you.

  4. #64
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Thank you for giving us another great example of player bias and misconception: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/blackout/3v3
    I see more warlocks, spriests, mages, paladins, rdruids as opposed to what you stated.
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-0-1.html
    You said what?

    Alright... Because I'm nice, lets count how many of each class on the first page
    Warrior: 23
    Shaman: 17
    Paladin: 14
    The sum of those 3: 54

    Now the total amount of players on that page: 105..

    Now, I said warriors, paladins and shamans make up for 50%.. I'm pretty sure that those numbers agree with me....

    Warlock: 9
    Monk: 2
    Rogue: 1
    Deathknight: 2

    A total of 14... I'm not that far from my 10% claim, as you can see.

    Strangely enough I know what I talk about, yet some people always feel like disagreeing, haha
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-01-06 at 11:16 PM.

  5. #65
    As many others have said, 90% of the playerbase are clueless.

    And as many others have stated, they dont care. The ladders are pretty much empty after wotlk (same happened with the start of MoP), and theres a reason for it.

    Because the problems are so overwhelming right now, its beyond repair. I think they given up on the subject. Just look at the MLG last year, WoW was disqualified because of the lag of an Arena-Viewer from Blizzard. That says everything for me (not that i need to take a look at the pvp-balance, lol). They just want to keep the playerbase playin ...

    Whoever think or plays WoW as an PvP game has damn good other reasons for it (friends, addiction, bored, whatever ...).
    But from a objective perspective, WoW-PvP is dead.

    regards

  6. #66
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Whenever there is X problem in PvP or a potential to be Y problem in PvP, the playerbase(Often times very High rated) lets blizzard know. However, blizzard almost ALWAYS ignores us and 9 out of 10 times, we end up being right and Blizzard being wrong. Why is this?
    First off al, you're not the community and generally the player base doesn't care too much outside of 'nerf class X' 'make my class OP!'. Listening to those kinda people is kinda pointless. That said, if you read what GC writes from time to time, he actually pointed out that they do have a lot of high ranked pvp-ers who give them advice. So I'm really not sure what you're complaining about, basically what you're suggesting is already happening.
    Just because they don't listen to you, that doesn't mean they don't listen to other people. You do not represent the whole PVP community.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Because Blizzard listened to the community on several occasions and they got their ass handed to them. If you were around during the WotLK beta and launch, surely you will remember the DeathKnight disaster. It took Blizzard about one full expansion to repair the damage done by the players "feedback".

    Also, Blizzard knows more about their game and has more statistics about any aspect of it than the entire community combined. They know all about which spec is chosen most, what damage is average for a certain class, how many spells and abilities are used by most of the players and even which green item is the most popular by Female Dwarf Rogues in Winterspring during sunset.

    It is not only arrogant, but also insulting and disrespectful to even assume you, or any of the players in this community, knows more about the game than Blizzard does.

    Does that mean Blizzard makes no mistakes? No. They do. And they admit so on an almost daily basis. Does it mean the community is always wrong? Again, no. A lot of good points are made, bugs are found, issues are reported and problems are submitted. But the community of this game (at least a vocal minority) has become so obsessed, self-centered, entitled, bittered and angry at EVERY GOD DAMN THING is wrong in their opinion, that no matter what Blizzard does, they always end up being blamed for everything.
    Besides that, I very much agree with this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

  7. #67
    Blizzard just needs to make abilities act differently in PvE and PvP to solve balance issues without one effecting the other. I'm pretty sure they have the resources to do it, it's just they don't want to.

    Is worked in other games extremely well and would only be a good thing for WoW and could put it back in the esport scene.

  8. #68
    Blizzard is actually listening to players feedback and probably saw how outrageous warriors/mages/sps were on start of expansion. Problem is that it takes Blizz too long to take actions, even though they could do fine-tuning in first few weeks through hotfixes. Worth mentioning that some classes are fundamentally bad (rogues, monks) and they indeed require serious retuning and patching, but that should've been done in 5.1 whille as it is both classes left to rot for a wholle season.

    Also Blizz always try to solve problems the lazy way, like removing PvP power from healing coefficients of dps hybrids to nerf SPs and meanwhille nerfing classes that weren't shining to start with. No other class could spam for such insane amounts as SPs, but instead of reducing heal coefficients for SPs through hotfix tuning little by little they went and droped a nerf-hammer on every hybrid in the game. Way to go...

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Blizzard is actually listening to players feedback and probably saw how outrageous warriors/mages/sps were on start of expansion. Problem is that it takes Blizz too long to take actions, even though they could do fine-tuning in first few weeks through hotfixes. Worth mentioning that some classes are fundamentally bad (rogues, monks) and they indeed require serious retuning and patching, but that should've been done in 5.1 whille as it is both classes left to rot for a wholle season.

    Also Blizz always try to solve problems the lazy way, like removing PvP power from healing coefficients of dps hybrids to nerf SPs and meanwhille nerfing classes that weren't shining to start with. No other class could spam for such insane amounts as SPs, but instead of reducing heal coefficients for SPs through hotfix tuning little by little they went and droped a nerf-hammer on every hybrid in the game. Way to go...
    Listening to feedback ???? lol

    It was clear that Frostbomb dmg is to high in beta, thousands of people complained about the dmg, same goes for warriors and rogues and BM hunter aswell.

    And what did they do? They nerfed imp. cs, lawl (note: they did some good changes here and there but overall its a disaster, clearly the worst expansion _by far_).

    Someone could argue that 15% of their changes are good, the rest is utterly bad.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Whenever there is X problem in PvP or a potential to be Y problem in PvP, the playerbase(Often times very High rated) lets blizzard know. However, blizzard almost ALWAYS ignores us and 9 out of 10 times, we end up being right and Blizzard being wrong. Why is this?
    you don't get buffed : Omg ! blizz doesn't listen to the players!
    you get nerfed: Omg! why does blizzard listen to the whiners!
    Blizz allways does it wrong no matter what they do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •