Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Favorite "Zoning Out" Video Game?

So I was unwinding, playing a game of Plants vs. Zombies, when I thought to myself how "mindless" it was. This isn't to say that it's not fun, but that it is fun to play, without requiring too much thought or requiring one to exert much "effort". Plants vs. Zombies is a personal favorite, as well as Faerie Solitaire (although, funnily enough, I don't find regular Solitaire to be that entertaining).

So the question I pose is this: what game(s) do you play when you just want to "zone out"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat Hazard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. Alot of fun and simple LOL.

stepmania, been my "zoning out" game on and off for 5 years now

Probably Binding of Isaac at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has to be any of the Dynasty Warriors games (except for DW 6, don't like that one) or just leveling up my alts in WoW or doing dailies on my 90's while listening to some music. Stardust HD on my PS3 is another good one.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-01-05 at 06:50 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Leveling a new character in diablo or torchlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently NBA2K13, Hotline Miami, BL2.
    "Brevity is...wit"

15+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2, Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, or WoW. Just put on my music and start killing shit, no matter what they day is, it's always fun for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, Torchlight 2.

Zone out . . . clickclickclickclick
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually Warriors Orochi 3.

Nothing like playing as a Storm god and running about killing 1000's of fools without breaking a sweat...

Gotta be kinda humbling though, knowing even though you're an omnipotent god... You're still not as good as a skinny little chinese girl with a sword and board

at the moment I'm on an AC3 kick though, got it for Xmas and waiting to see how Desmond's story plays out.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything save straight up puzzle games are mindless for me.

WoW sometimes...a few months ago, before MoP, I was having a pretty intense argument with my husband while healing on my shammy in Halls of Origination and kept everyone alive while shouting at my spouse for about a good twenty minutes. He left the room to grab a beer and when I refocused on the game we were looting the last boss. It was so wired, I have no idea how that dungeon went lol

Deleted
    Playing alts in WoW or farming for stuff otherwise i would say TF2 or Planetside 2 or Minecraft or just lol around in saints row the third.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torchlight 2, login on my outlander, roam with right click recover mana auto attacking (20mana per shot) opop

Diablo 3 on low MP levels. Not a bad way to unwind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 3 and WoW. Mostly because I've played both of those games so much that I can play them without exerting much effort.

Pokemon requires almost zero effort, when you're just EV training or breeding. It's not something I like to do by itself, but I often put on one of my favourite shows or movies and mindlessly tap my DS for a couple hours.

WoW is good for that as well. I zone out and lose track of time during raids or questing a lot.

Pokemon and Oracle of Ages with some kind of background noise. The former you can play aimlessly 5ever, and the latter was a ball to just walk around and do nothing playing with the shovel when Skelington was a kid.

I do that with Pokemon, especially when grinding up levels in my team. I'm now in the habit where I have to play something while watching anime.