Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna have to say no to these heirlooms. The price doesn't justify just 5 more levels of bonus experience. I can level just fine without them for these 5 levels. At most, I might buy the off hand for my priest if I have enough JP lying around on some character, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I believe those JP prices for the ''''upgraded'''' heirloom items are way too expensive for your average WoW player. To reach JP cap, you need to run 25 heroic dungeons (assuming 4 bosses per H dungeon), and if you want to buy, say, the Agility heirloom staff from scratch? That's MORE than 25 dungeons of JP grinding since their price combined (original + upgraded) is higher than the weekly cap.

Suppose your average player wants to start an alt. A mage. And he wants the heirloom. Now, assuming he wants to buy just one trinket, we have: the staff (3500 jp), its upgrade (3500 jp), the shoulders (2175 jp), its upgrade (2175 jp), the chest piece (2175 jp), its upgrade (2175 jp), the trinket (2725 jp) and its upgrade (2725 jp). That gives up a whooping total of... 21150 justice points! That a LOT of justice points! Not to mention the same average player probably upgraded one or more rare-quality items to reach the minimum item level to start running LFR, so there's 1500 or 3000 JP ON TOP of those prices.

Now you may say: "You don't HAVE to buy the upgrades from the very start! You can wait until your alt is near 80 to do so!" To which I give you this: Ok, so the price to buy all the 'normal' heirlooms is of 10575 justice points. That's STILL a lot of grinding. And here's the kicker: with the time you'll spend on your main grinding those 10575 Justice points ALL OVER AGAIN, you'll probably would have already gone from 80 to 85 on your alt, replacing the level 80 heirloom with normal gear, and may already be well into level 86 already, if not 87.

The warlock island doesn't look as cool as I thought, its basically Ragefire Chasm with a little Shadowmoon Valley

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I believe those JP prices for the ''''upgraded'''' heirloom items are way too expensive for your average WoW player. To reach JP cap, you need to run 25 heroic dungeons (assuming 4 bosses per H dungeon), and if you want to buy, say, the Agility heirloom staff from scratch? That's MORE than 25 dungeons of JP grinding since their price combined (original + upgraded) is higher than the weekly cap.

Suppose your average player wants to start an alt. A mage. And he wants the heirloom. Now, assuming he wants to buy just one trinket, we have: the staff (3500 jp), its upgrade (3500 jp), the shoulders (2175 jp), its upgrade (2175 jp), the chest piece (2175 jp), its upgrade (2175 jp), the trinket (2725 jp) and its upgrade (2725 jp). That gives up a whooping total of... 21150 justice points! That a LOT of justice points! Not to mention the same average player probably upgraded one or more rare-quality items to reach the minimum item level to start running LFR, so there's 1500 or 3000 JP ON TOP of those prices.

Now you may say: "You don't HAVE to buy the upgrades from the very start! You can wait until your alt is near 80 to do so!" To which I give you this: Ok, so the price to buy all the 'normal' heirlooms is of 10575 justice points. That's STILL a lot of grinding. And here's the kicker: with the time you'll spend on your main grinding those 10575 Justice points ALL OVER AGAIN, you'll probably would have already gone from 80 to 85 on your alt, replacing the level 80 heirloom with normal gear, and may already be well into level 86 already, if not 87.
    Who needs heirlooms anyway, honestly? It's not like it takes that long to level an alt without them.

Even if you just use the regular ones, how long does 80-85 take? Not that big of a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I believe those JP prices for the ''''upgraded'''' heirloom items are way too expensive for your average WoW player.
    Honestly, I don't think that's even the worst. It's just that paying the same amount of JP as the original item just isn't worth it for 5 more levels. If it lasted up to 90, MAYBE it would be worth that much. Maybe. Even then, I don't think it would be. We're effectively paying for the heirloom twice just to have it work for 85 levels as opposed to 80. These 5 levels are fast enough without heirlooms, I don't honestly see a lot of people who really want to level an alt bothering with farming justice just for that, and rightfully so: it isn't needed OR worth it.
    Honestly I don't care if it stays at this price, I don't have to buy them, but it doesn't mean I won't find it silly as hell.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-05 at 02:50 PM.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

LOLOLOLOLOL, They will put some makeshift crap and call that a fix. It's funny on the entrance of Stormwind, with some plaster holding the statue and stones of a different color on the towers. But I still feel bad about the park. They will probably make a walk with planks to connect the broken part of the streets, and that's it. The place will remain destroyed..

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Who needs heirlooms anyway, honestly? It's not like it takes that long to level an alt without them.

Even if you just use the regular ones, how long does 80-85 take? Not that big of a deal.
    No, but the heirlooms' +% XP buff speeds up the process a bit, and also the heirloom items provides you with considerably more powerful stats than what you'll find from quests and dungeons loot of your alt's level, which would, in turn speed up the leveling process even more, coupled with the XP buff. Almost +50% xp is not something to sneeze at, if you have the JP (and TIME!!) to afford them.

It's still early in the PTR, things could change. If the cost stays the same as now though, I probably won't bother with upgrading my heirlooms.

i honestly hope the new heirlooms are purchasable with either the old version, or justice points. not a combination of both.

farming justice points isn't actually very easy, everything gives you valor these days and it's not until you've capped valor that you get some justice. i dont play enough these days to cap valor and then have time to make justice points on top.

i've already got a full set of heirloom weapons and like hell am i gonna bother attempting to farm up more justice for an extra 5 levels of item scaling. i hope this is just a temporary ptr price...

tbh i'd gladly trade in my old one and some gold to get it upgraded, but trading in the old one + more justice points is just silly, i dont think i have 2000 justice points across my entire account (let alone 3500 for the staff), it's all valor points - is there anywhere you can actually farm justice these days? or am i right that it's only available after capping valor for the week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i honestly hope the new heirlooms are purchasable with either the old version, or justice points. not a combination of both.
    Hell being a combination isn't that bad, it's just the amount of justice that's way too high.

It's still PTR, and for all we know, they could have simply not adjusted the costs yet (the fact that all the costs are exactly the same as the base heirloom plus the base heirloom itself gives this some credit). But as it stands now, they're not worth the price.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem to matter what or how blizzard does things, people will always find something to bitch about.

what? pay for 5 more levels with heirlooms the same price as for original item? with current speed of JP gain? are they serious?! it has to be free. As i have all heirlooms should i spend like 80 000 JP for upgrading them? serious blizzard? :P

The problem with upgrading the heirlooms with JP is the fact that in the time it takes you to farm 2500 JP or whatever you could have been 82 or 83 and with that line of thinking what's the point?

I don't get why they're not just removing the old heirlooms and making the new ones X cost or hand in your old one to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    It doesn't seem to matter what or how blizzard does things, people will always find something to bitch about.
    While that statement is true, even you must admit that the pricing given to the 'upgraded' heirlooms are way out of the norm. It's like going to the car dealership:
    You: "I want to buy this car."
    Vendor: "Awesome! That will be 8000 dollars!"
    You: "Can I use my current car as part of the payment?"
    Vendor: "Sure you can! With your car as part of the payment, all you'll have to pay is just 8000 dollars!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    I don't honestly believe a lot of people will be outraged if these prices go live (except those who bitch and are outraged by anything). I personally don't care: don't like it, don't buy them, they're not required at all. But you do have to admit, 5 levels of extra XP for that much JP isn't worth it at all. I usually defend most of Blizzard's decisions, and while this one has little to no impact on the game, it's kinda silly to introduce something if most people will probably not even bother with that. The time used to farm the JP would be better used just leveling the alt. Perhaps in the last tier people will be swimming in JP and be able to buy these without a second thought, but not now.

And I'm gonna stop posting now, I feel like I've repeated the same thing in different ways too many times in this thread :\

I've got almost al Heirlooms. And it took me a great while to get them. I think it's also a prestige to gather them (cause it takes quite some time), but with these changes it's just like doing all the effort again for a small addition. It would be different if it gets an extra spell effect (not cosmetic, but something like a haste proc or anything) than it would be viable to gather the JP for it. I think with these additions, I won't take the effort to upgrade these heirlooms. JP and VP gathering is already very slow atm, the amount of JP from hc dungeons is way too low (35 per boss, in Cata 70), plus you don't get JP from LFR. To reach the hard cap of 4000 JP you need to do around 70 normal dungeons (per week) or (considering 4 bosses per hc dungeon) 28 hc dungeons (per week). So for 1 item you need to do (say 2000 JP) 14 hc dungeons. Count the amount of items, it will take almost as much time as grinding MC rep.

My solution is, scale those items up with no costs. Or put an extra proc and cosmetic upgrade on it, then it will be viable to grind for it. (An achievement for gathering all the items would be dull)

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I don't honestly believe a lot of people will be outraged if these prices go live (except those who bitch and are outraged by anything). I personally don't care: don't like it, don't buy them, they're not required at all. But you do have to admit, 5 levels of extra XP for that much JP isn't worth it at all. I usually defend most of Blizzard's decisions, and while this one has little to no impact on the game, it's kinda silly to introduce something if most people will probably not even bother with that. The time used to farm the JP would be better used just leveling the alt. Perhaps in the last tier people will be swimming in JP and be able to buy these without a second thought, but not now.

And I'm gonna stop posting now, I feel like I've repeated the same thing in different ways too many times in this thread :\

The prices are high and likely not worth it. On the other hand: During the last 3 months I spent several justice points on buying items to just make (almost wortless) shards out of them cause I was close to the cap. So even those heirloom prices are better than that. If you are not raiding 2 or 3 days a week then you have the choice of heroics or LFR for Valor...and given that heroics give almost as much valor but are faster to do(if you include the waiting time even more so) I can imagine that during the remaining 2 years of this expansion it will be quite common to run heroics.
    I can just speak for me, but I just gained the last item from lfr that was useful for me...untill 5.2 there is just not much reason left for me to go lfr(unless I don't manage the valor cap...and valor is always needed thanks to upgrading), especially given that the players on lfr seem to get lazier by the day("uh we outgear that encounter...why moving at all? The others can do the adds. I keep eating my pizza and use my 2 spells.").

We just shouldn't forget that the expansion will still last for a very long time...and we don't need all heirlooms tomorrow. I just hate the idea that they will do this every expansion now....upgrade heirlooms by 5 levels....again...and again...and again....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I just hate the idea that they will do this every expansion now....upgrade heirlooms by 5 levels....again...and again...and again....
    That would indeed suck by miles on end. I certainly hope that won't be blizzard's design purpose for these things.

This might be Deathwing's lair while he lived in Outland. Or his son who we never heard from after TBC I believe. It could be tied into Illidan through interesting ways.