Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Whats with all the GOOGLE hate?

As the title says, I keep seeing posts and small digs not just on here but other places. But the thing is those who do make the posts and the digs do you think they still use google services?

I bet most of them use Chrome as they probably hate IE and think firefox is bloated. They also probably use google search over bing and others because lets face it google search is fairly superior for most things.

What's your thought's on the google hate plague?

I think that I want the drugs you are using. They seem powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    As the title says, I keep seeing posts and small digs not just on here but other places. But the thing is those who do make the posts and the digs do you think they still use google services?

I bet most of them use Chrome as they probably hate IE and think firefox is bloated. They also probably use google search over bing and others because lets face it google search is fairly superior for most things.

hipsters maybe?

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Wait... What?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    It's cool to hate Google?
    God knows why.

Google is amazing and everything good, they fight back again other power-hungry companies.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I haven't seen much of that. Don't think its that common.

No more free business apps though, boooo

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    It's cool to hate Google?
    God knows why.

Google is amazing and everything good, they fight back again other power-hungry companies.
    This is a bit naive.

Google is a power-hungry company. At the same time, they are very generous to their employees, great public benefactors, monstrously successful, and as unobtrusive as possible in their "transgressions."

They're more tolerable than most other companies.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

havnt seen any hate from google. other than a video few years back people complaining that searches are taking few seconds long /firstworldproblems

Got to say i dont realy see this *google hate* not more then any other big company gets ..... there will always be some that hate somthing .....

It could be that some are getting spooked by the amount of info companies like Google and facebook has on us, pretty sure that most us us has done a google search on somthing like a PC or PC part and the next days we get bombarded with PC banner adds, yes they know what we do on the internet ... for some thats enough to generate hate.
    Last edited by Drungan; 2013-01-05 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Spelling was worst then normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what google hate plague you're talking about. I've not seen any more hate against google than any other major brand nor have I seen an increase lately. So I guess my thoughts are that it's not there...

I don't know, I feel it's a little impossible to hate on Google. They offer so much free (granted, they benefit as well) that you can almost mainly rely on Google products (good synergy, for example gdrive and mail is awesome).

At best people hate google because google collects information about you and then sells it...

But most tech people hate Microsoft

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea... I haven't seen much Google hate. I'm probably a Google fanboy if anything... I <3 all things Google... I even use Google+.

Deleted
    I honestly haven't seen this hate at all. Literally. Outside of possibly forums for fanboys of competing brands, I haven't even heard of anyone actively hating Google until you brought it up. o.O

I'm genuinely curious now, though. Mind bringing up some examples?

Google hate is more prevalent in Europe than the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoekron View Post
    In which countries ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless hate is slang for "occasionally dislike if it comes up in conversation," I have no idea what you are referring to. The primary objection to Google, outside of other businesses in competition with Google, would those that have bought Google products and are very unsatisfied, and chest thumpers who wish to very loudly express their opinion.

Not sure what you're referring to, I don't think I've ever encountered people that hate Google, they're a great company.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoekron View Post
    Would also like to know what countries you're referring to in Europe?

never heard any google hate. no idea where this is coming from, but looking at the post count and rereading the manner in which several features were "slipped in there", i am suspicious. i bet a cookie this is some halfway clever attempt to advertise
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen anyone say anything bad about Google the worse i have heard was on the news when they weren't paying taxes or something :S

I would use google chrome over firefox if only they added a file/edit menu at the top/ have more customization >.<

I always use google search.

I'm not a big fan of the profile across things such as g+, youtube, google search etc due to privacy/ it recording my history.