Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Google is no different than a majority of the search engines out there. You all get similar results and even many times almost the exact same results. Personally I use Yahoo and have for well over a decade. Mainly because that's where my email has always been. But use whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the only google hate i have seen is from people disagreeing with their privacy policies and google recording your search history.
    I think this is what is just starting now. Among the really ´tech´people there are worries that Google (with Google-plus) is becoming a little too much like Facebook and their ability to collect a ton of data about ´us´ is unsettling. Facebook privacy concerns have been realized, but if Google-plus becomes as big as Facebook AND google can connect the dots with your search inquiries... that is a lot of personal information at one companies disposal.

All that said, I really haven´t seen anything unsettling by what Google has actually done with data yet. The same is not true of Facebook, where I have stopped doing anything except silly chatting with friends.

The real fear is just Google having a near monopoly on search, a near monopoly on online advertising (the only people who use agencies either were banned form adsense or can´t qualify) and the combining that with Google-plus being competitive with Facebook.. is just a lot of the ínternet´ being controlled by one company.

That said, I think Apple is far worse of a company than Google.... and I do think Microsoft proved that abusing a monopoly in tech doesn´t work for long, because it is too easy to find work-arounds and dominance breeds laziness.

I haven't really seen any, at least I don't think I have. Examples?

I am shocked know one has seen any of this hate around.

Anyway here is something from today that will create some google hate i am sure.

Not a day after Google snuck by the FTC and was cleared of any wrong doing with its services, Google has come out and blocked Windows Phone users from accessing maps.google.com. We first reported this issue yesterday and since then, it's become clear that Google's blocking of Windows Phone users from accessing the service has nothing to do with supporting the browser and has more to do with screwing the consumer.

We have posted Google's official response below, but in short, they state that they only support WebKit and IE is an unsupported browser:

The mobile web version of Google Maps is optimized for WebKit browsers such as Chrome and Safari. However, since Internet Explorer is not a WebKit browser, Windows Phone devices are not able to access Google Maps for the mobile web.
    Now, if that really was the case, you would think that changing the UserAgent would result in a poor experience while using Windows Phone to access the service but that is far from the truth. The video you see below is the result of changing the UserAgent to something other than Windows Phone and guess what, Google's maps works just fine.

Youtube link / watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gG6pQviJ8XY

Why is this important? It's critical to note that the service works fine with Internet Explorer and this is nothing more than a shot at Microsoft that only impacts consumers. It's quite unfortunate that Google has gone down this path as it opens the door to many other scenarios such as what would happen if Google stopped supporting Gmail for Internet Explorer?

This is not the first example of seeing Google target Windows Phone users as the company has said that it will not build Windows Phone applications and it is currently restricting YouTube access for WP users as well. It's a bit ironic too if you look at Google's corporate values which, first on their list states, "Focus on the user and all else will follow". They should probably add an asterisk to that and put a footnote that says "unless those consumers use Windows Phone".
    Source: CANT POST LINKS YET BUT NEOWIN'S FRONT PAGE.

Sounds good for windows phones users right..... Lol but yeah always seeing posts like this around and just random comments about google hidden among other topics, reply's and posts around the net. Can't just be a UK thing right? I remember a big loads of crap a few weeks ago about them avoiding tax but this hate and comments have been going on since well before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    I am shocked know one has seen any of this hate around.
    Anyway here is something from today that will create some google hate i am sure.
    Correct, Google just started blocking any requests from browsers it detects as Windows Phone from using Google Maps.
    Although Google's response is to claim that they only support WebKit browsers (Chrome and Safari), the site works fine if you fake the user agent string or browse from a desktop with the same rendering engine.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Monopoly, and abusing it.
    I just wish dailymotion had as many users as youtube.

Deleted
    Whenever something grows large enough /commercial enough, there will be hate. it's in the law I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've yet to see this supposed hatred for Google. I like Google myself. Been a big firefox guy until the last few weeks where Firefox, for whatever reason, stopped running Youtube videos and my youtube -> MP3 converter site wasn't working. Moved to Chrome and solved both problems.

I still like Firefox, and I like Chrome. It just so happens I use Chrome now.

But I like most of Google's services.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I've yet to see this supposed hatred for Google. I like Google myself. Been a big firefox guy until the last few weeks where Firefox, for whatever reason, stopped running Youtube videos and my youtube -> MP3 converter site wasn't working. Moved to Chrome and solved both problems.

I still like Firefox, and I like Chrome. It just so happens I use Chrome now.

But I like most of Google's services.
    well thats odd because firefox still runs youtube videos for me. although it recently started blocking my anti banner from my kaspersky av. im kinda ticked about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Google hate, where? Is this one of those 'Whats up with all the X hate' comparable to 'official x thread'?
    I just wonder cos somehow the google hate seems widespread to you.
    So what exactly is up with this hate? I wonder cos:

Whats with all the GOOGLE hate?
    I bet most of them use Chrome as they probably hate IE and think firefox is bloated.
    They also probably use google search over bing and others because lets face it google search is fairly superior for most things.
    What's your thought's on the google hate plague?
    Sorry, I could have kept it short and just say how much I disslike threads based 100% on speculation and where OP try to blow things totally out of proportion.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

yea i think everyone uses google for something. ive never had problems. best search engine to me. I guess people just want different.

People are just generally distrustful of large companies, perhaps rightfully.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people don't like them because their info polies or think they are taking over the world. Like the thing about hospitals records or something. I don't think that they are doing bad, not to say they are doing good. Though I have heard that they treat their employees very well, like for gay/married people they take the brunt of the tax to give them their martial thing because our laws are stupid, they give their employees 'free time' which helped them create g-mail(?) and I heard someone say that they ranked high in employee happiness. They also reward people with $ if they finds problems in chrome such as memory leaks.

They give 'free' services such as search, google maps, dns server(which I believe I am using rn), created android as an open source...gb internet(kinda free)....So maybe they are taking over the world but I, for one, welcome our new overlords, the current ones suck.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Some people don't like them because their info polies or think they are taking over the world. Like the thing about hospitals records or something. I don't think that they are doing bad, not to say they are doing good. Though I have heard that they treat their employees very well, like for gay/married people they take the brunt of the tax to give them their martial thing because our laws are stupid, they give their employees 'free time' which helped them create g-mail(?) and I heard someone say that they ranked high in employee happiness. They also reward people with $ if they finds problems in chrome such as memory leaks.

They give 'free' services such as search, google maps, dns server(which I believe I am using rn), created android as an open source...gb internet(kinda free)....So maybe they are taking over the world but I, for one, welcome our new overlords, the current ones suck.
    Amen. may our new overloads grant us 'free' stuff for ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    People hate Google? What? Your drugs, give me some bro.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    well thats odd because firefox still runs youtube videos for me. although it recently started blocking my anti banner from my kaspersky av. im kinda ticked about that.
    Well it's probably not exactly a Firefox error, it's just that I tried all of Youtube's posted fixes, gave up, and tried it in Chrome.

But other than that, I find both browsers about the same.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Well it's probably not exactly a Firefox error, it's just that I tried all of Youtube's posted fixes, gave up, and tried it in Chrome.

But other than that, I find both browsers about the same.
    Yeah, I found out that chrome's flash gives out at a certain amount of tabs. But funnily enough after I use firefox for a little while it basically freezes until I restart my computer or I use chrome until I am lazy to restart.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the hate just stems from something as simple as 'oh, everyone uses google, I don't want to be like everyone else, so I must hate it!"

The typical logic of adolescents
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I think the hate just stems from something as simple as 'oh, everyone uses google, I don't want to be like everyone else, so I must hate it!"

The typical logic of adolescents
    Hate what's popular solely because it's popular. I hate that. F**king hipsters.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoekron View Post
    Google hate is more prevalent in Europe than the US.
    Not in the UK it isn't.