Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm sure you'll go with "That's his Job!" Even though he has stated a few times that things like twitter is completely OPTIONAL.

Have you read some of the questions and comments by the posters ? Some are amazingly rude and disrespectful. I don't expect any human in the world to just slap on a happy face and talk to those people with loving kindness. I applaud GC and company when they give back a smart ass answer to those folks that have that huge chip on their shoulders.

I can guarantee with 100% certainty that I could ask GC 100 questions on any topic and never get a smartass answer back. But I have the advantage of being an adult and knowing how to communicate with people.
    Agreed.

GC is a really, REALLY smart guy, and his responses aren't even disrespectful.

He can be a bit of a smartass but have you (guy you quoted, Murdock) even seen half the questions people ask him?

I have a Twitter and people are really fucking stupid sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    Or you could learn to read and understand basic english...He said they're not good enough to hit a target date PRECISELY...That even when they WANT TO...most of the time they can't.

What's cocky or arrogant about that ?
    I find it amazing that even when the OP used "[sarcasm]", that some people still can't detect the sarcasm. Even if he hadn't, the way he wrote made it obvious as well.

The OP was mocking those who overanalyze every little word GC says and misinterpret it (often intentionally).
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-05 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Rift has 300k subscribers.
    Really?

I don't play Rift just because none of my friends play it and playing games alone becomes boring for me personally, but i respect Rift content speed and quality. I think they have more then 300k subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm sure you'll go with "That's his Job!" Even though he has stated a few times that things like twitter is completely OPTIONAL.

Have you read some of the questions and comments by the posters ? Some are amazingly rude and disrespectful. I don't expect any human in the world to just slap on a happy face and talk to those people with loving kindness. I applaud GC and company when they give back a smart ass answer to those folks that have that huge chip on their shoulders.

I can guarantee with 100% certainty that I could ask GC 100 questions on any topic and never get a smartass answer back. But I have the advantage of being an adult and knowing how to communicate with people.
    THere are alot of rude ppl on Twitter ye. But there are also alot of players that are hitting a weak spot on the developers. MOP has many weak spots that a developer is fully aware off now even more than the average player is.

Even GC is still answering topics about Sunwell. It just shows he cares even tho he didn't get it right on quite a few things. New systems always bring new issues. And in terms of MOP - I fell Blizzard has not done great job of picking up on them early. They should have realised long time ago that multi-role classes were gonna be hurt with ilvl system. They should also have realised it was not a great idea to have healers and tank have to Q up as DPS in LFR to improve their DPS gear for dailies and Brawlers guild. Thats something that they should have realised. And maybe they did but didn't have the time to actually make better core systems for MOP.

But thats the thing... MMORPG game is never stronger than the core systems of the game. And BLizzard got quite a few wrong in MOP. Both in terms of PVP and PVE. ilvl update system is probably the biggest in both cases. Thats probably why GC was talking about not allowing 5.2 gear to be upgraded until 5.3. Cause they know the system is damaging the game - not really helping it.

stole achievements from x-box? yeah, them and every other company. welcome to buisness

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    GC is a really, REALLY smart guy, and his responses aren't even disrespectful.

He can be a bit of a smartass but have you (guy you quoted, Murdock) even seen half the questions people ask him?

I have a Twitter and people are really fucking stupid sometimes.
    He is not smart and he is quite easy to provoke. Did you see how he reacted when he got blamed for killing off the Age of Empires franchize? He said that the community doesnt know what it wants and should be ignored. He showed his true colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    He said that the community doesnt know what it wants and should be ignored.
    And he hit the nail on the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    stole achievements from x-box? yeah, them and every other company. welcome to buisness
    Stole achievements from xbox?
    Are ppl even serious? Achievements are simply a form of keeping track of what was achieved. Much like a High Score list, which is part of countless games ever since, long before a xbox was made. By it's nature, WoW cannot have a high score list, hence it has achievements. And those have been requested by the players.
    People wanted a way to keep track of what they got so far.

Gotta use something.. Hence achievement system. And that's valid for xBox and WoW, or any other game with such or similar system.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-01-05 at 04:03 PM.

The guy who tweeted that is an idiot. 5.1 was planned to be patched in from the very beginning, as evident from the zone maps shown at Blizzcon that have small regions marked with "5.1" which are roughly correlated with the contested areas in Krasarang Wilds introduced in 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Blizzard have been pretty bad with release speed in the past.

Months of ZA/ZG whilst they got their act together with LFR wasn't the best experience of my life.
    That might be true but I don't think Blizzard has EVER failed at releasing a patch/feature RIGHT around the time a competitor is being launched or is releasing something big.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That might be true but I don't think Blizzard has EVER failed at releasing a patch/feature RIGHT around the time a competitor is being launched or is releasing something big.
    I could easily believe that Blizzard has DELAYED releases by a number of weeks to line up with competing products. I don't feel they have ever pushed something out before they feel it is ready just to line up with another release though.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    The expansion wasn't ready. That was my whole point. They are slow with content. The first 2 tweets were "Will patch 5.2 take 5+ months?", GC answered asked "Did 5.1 (take 5 months)?".

This why i replied, but 140 chars is not enough to formulate a decent questions. So this is what i meant: "5.1 was not a major content patch. Most of the stuff from 5.1 were things that were supposed to be in 5.0 like Energizing spores, Aspect "fix", Icons for archeology fragments, etc. 5.2 is not a patch with leftovers that didn't make 5.0 os it will take longer. A lot of the stuff in 5.1 was cut to hurry up the process of launching mists and keep GW2 from hitting the ground running"

Launch yes. But patch 5.0.4 that brough pet battles, "talents" and other smaller stuff launched days after Guild wars 2 did. Pre-Launch patch is when most people come back.
    You seemed to have missed the memo where they stated that this expansion will have smaller patches ready other than the tier ones. 5.1 was stated long before launch to be such a patch.

Also, a ton of things have been leftovers in patches in the past. That does not make those any less a part of the patch itself.

Pointless critique is pointless.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I could easily believe that Blizzard has DELAYED releases by a number of weeks to line up with competing products. I don't feel they have ever pushed something out before they feel it is ready just to line up with another release though.
    Agreed. Taking other competition into account will always be a factor, but how big it is can be debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    lol - At least he admits they are their competitors. That does mean that they are obviously watching what they are doing. And probably trying to counter it as much as they can.

GW2 is launching big patches in January and February. BLizzard has nothing other than empty PTR so it looks like the "competitors" have a good chance now to win some players over.

Personally - Im playing RIFT atm. I hate what Blizzard did to multi-role characters in MOP (ilvl update system makes them feel far behind in terms of gear) so I had no other option than to find a game that offered better gameplay for multi-roles. Having a blast atm tanking, healing, supporting and dps knowing I wont be punished and falling 20 item lvls behind just because I deside to play more than 1 role.
    Here's one of those guys who reads way too deeply into everything the blues say

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I don't play Rift just because none of my friends play it and playing games alone becomes boring for me personally, but i respect Rift content speed and quality. I think they have more then 300k subs.
    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png
    If you have more recent data, you're welcome to show it, but for the time being, the best figure we have is 250K.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I may be wrong, but I seem to recall them saying that the trials part and the Krasarang invasion (they hadn't specified that it would be in Krasarang) would progressively happen with patches, so that immediately implied that it wouldn't be there at launch. The thing that was supposed to be released in 5.0 but was pushed back was the item upgrade system. I may be wrong here, and I cba to find blue posts from months ago, but at least that's what I recall.
    Actually, the landing points were marked as "5.1 A/H landing point" since they first appeared on beta. Item upgrades were pushed back, since 90% of the WoW population wouldnt comprehend so much content at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Really?

Last I heard they were down to 300k~ subscribers.

I can, of course, be mistaken.

Like I said, I respect the speed at which they push out content, but it's not my personal cup of tea :x

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    You seemed to have missed the memo where they stated that this expansion will have smaller patches ready other than the tier ones. 5.1 was stated long before launch to be such a patch.

Also, a ton of things have been leftovers in patches in the past. That does not make those any less a part of the patch itself.

Pointless critique is pointless.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 05:55 PM ----------

Agreed. Taking other competition into account will always be a factor, but how big it is can be debatable.
    It's Cybran, Frozen. There's unfortunately no reasoning with his hate for Blizzard.

Saying that somthing will come in an expansion dosn't mean it will come in the start of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    *note* this is a spec designed for single target tanking for maximum threat/DPS. should NOT be used as a main tank spec unless you overgear encounter. "gimmick" spec for those who maybe want to dual-spec one of the above specs + this one for dps/threat races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbq
    oh my fcking god!!!! i laughed so hard!!!! IM CRYING!!!! :

He is not smart and he is quite easy to provoke. Did you see how he reacted when he got blamed for killing off the Age of Empires franchize? He said that the community doesnt know what it wants and should be ignored. He showed his true colors.
    Yeah, I did.

Have you seen the idiotic questions he has to respond to everyday?

Please Cybran.

Give me a detailed summary of what you'd do to the game design if you were GC.

Please.

Let's see how many people on the forum agree with your opinion and then we can chat.

Oh, and he showed his true colors, just like you show your bias for hating Blizzard :P

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At blizzcon, when they revealed the concept map for Valley of the Four Winds, it included Karasang Wilds. At that time Dread Wastes also included Townlong Steppes.

At the bottom of that map, in tiny grainy text, one could see the phrases "5.1 Alliance Base" and "5.1 Horde Base."

5.1 was not cut, it was planned already in the early concept stage for the zone.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Its quite obvious he isn't being truthful here. I won't try to debate if 5.1 was supposed to launch as 5.0 or not, but they definitely launched mope on that specific date for a reason.
    No they didn't. Stop making things up.