Deleted

CC problem partially solved.

Hi there,

I was thinking about the horrible CC atm in our PvP system. We all know that MAJOR changes won't come early in an expansion or maybe not at all even so we have to deal with it.

There is somewhat of an solution though to make chaincc impossible for a short amount of time.

For those who are familiar with Paladins, the hand of freedom effect makes you immune to slowing effects for several seconds(6-8 if I'm correct) which is very handy. Why not give EMFH and the trinkets the same effect? Immune to crowd controlling effects and silences for 6-8 seconds?

Some might think that players will then time their cc's , well, good tha lot more tactic and common sense to the players their gamebehavior instead of spamming their cc button.

Any person that might think this is OP should think again, CC is uncontrolable atm and this would be the perfect solution, keeping in mind that blizzard won't remove CC for now.

Your thoughts pls

Deleted
    First, yes, CC is a problem, but healing/dmg (and the easily applied nature of both) are problems aswell. You cant change only one of them and assume it will work.

To top if off, there is a shitload of imbalanced stuff (im to lazy to list it all - it would take several pages).

Some others had this idea a while back and i think it has the potential to be really good but only with other MAJOR changes.

regards

Chain-CCing requires quite a bit of setup, skill and coordination with your team mates to do properly. On the opposite team you have to prevent these CCs happening, and if you can't then you work out a way to survive. That's the majority of what PvP is, taking that away (even for a short duration) will dramatically lower the 'skill cap' and increase the margin of error. Bad play and mistakes should get you killed.

Of course there should be a limit to time CCd (if only because it's just boring waiting), and DR already does this to some extent; but more should not come via the trinket. Most of the CC can be stopped, especially with the removal of blanket silences in 5.2. Peels, interrupts, LoS, countering with CC or just other spells (e.g. Spell Reflect) and of course dispels if they do land should already be enough.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-01-07 at 12:26 PM.

Not a perfect solution - because it can/could be used with offensive abilities to create unstoppable damage bursts.

So fights would come down to whoever pops their CC trinket + damage trinket + offensive cooldowns; first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post
    Not a perfect solution - because it can/could be used with offensive abilities to create unstoppable damage bursts.

So fights would come down to whoever pops their CC trinket + damage trinket + offensive cooldowns; first.
    Not necessarily, you make it so the "immune to reapplication of CC's" only triggers if you successfully broke out of a CC.

That way you couldn't just pop all cooldowns, pop trinket and be immune for the next 8 seconds while unleashing hell.

To clarify, your 8 second immunity to CC only activates if you used your pvp trinket/emfh to successfully escape a CC.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Not necessarily, you make it so the "immune to reapplication of CC's" only triggers if you successfully broke out of a CC.

That way you couldn't just pop all cooldowns, pop trinket and be immune for the next 8 seconds while unleashing hell.

To clarify, your 8 second immunity to CC only activates if you used your pvp trinket/emfh to successfully escape a CC.
    Cyclone - undispelable pop trinket = successfully escaped a CC = 8 sec of immunity (lets assume i;m a warrior) 8 sec of IwinButton we all know what happes with warriors reck avatar banner trinket all them shiez up

in theory sounds rly amaizing in practice involves way to many things. Like Agnaea mentioned above u cant bring a change like this without change how the burst dmg or the amount of healing is atm it will mostlikely brake the pvp even more.

I for 1 agree with the OP til a point i would love to see a change and get some sort of immunity like Will of the Forsaken used to be years ago u got 5 sec of fear immunity after pop but then again everything else needs to be taken into the account

Deleted
    I would suggest to change first the dmg-models of (almost) all classes, then adjust healing/dmg/ccs and THEN we could discuss this issue.

Maybe its irrelevant then ...

Edit: I mean that we need control of our actions (not onyl dmg&healing). 1 click = 1 effect = 1/8 of the gaining benefits.
    Last edited by mmoca2cf51ea43; 2013-01-07 at 04:49 PM.