ghostwolf useless now in pvp?

How do shams run from melee now that the half snare immunity is gone? Didn't realise it was gone in mop. Unless I'm missing something here.

Deleted
    There is a glyph that gives the cata Ghost Wolf back.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    How do shams run from melee now that the half snare immunity is gone? Didn't realise it was gone in mop. Unless I'm missing something here.
    Can you explain how that makes ghost wolf useless? A runspeed increase is a runspeed increase is a runspeed increase, it requires 1 gcd, and you don't even need to shift out before you do something else, it auto unshifts you.

It might not be as good as before, but don't go all boo boo and start with the stupid

Deleted
    It might not be as good as before, but don't go all boo boo and start with the stupid
    Ehe?
    Glyphed GW, Windwalk toetem, Earthbind/Earthgrab toetem, Spiritwalk (enha), TS (ele).
    Plus Frost Shock and it's talent Frozen Power.

Well, if you want to keep your mobility loss caused by removal of Earthern Power and baseline snare repression of Ghost Wolf, you will be forced into taking the GW glyph, the UF talent for the FB sprint and Frozen Power talent.

Since Frozen Power is in most cases superior to EGT, enh basically lost one thing, forced to glyph for what was baseline for another, and talent a third. The freedom aspect from Earthern Power cant really be regained through Wind Walker Totem (since it shares the same tier with Frozen Power and EGT), and would have, placed on the fb sprint instead, pretty much solved all of our mobility problems.

The mobility aspect is among my main reasons for not wanting to return to enh/the game.

That said, I've heard from a few pvp enhancers that they dont even glyph GW, at least not always. I and many others saw (and still see) the glyph as mandatory, but my guess is that against overwhelming CC/kiting monsters like frost mages and hunters, having that little extra mobility is like a drop on a hot stone. Wether you have shitty or no mobility probably wont make that much difference in such a scenario.

Anyways, all of that is from a enh POV. Ele is even more royally screwed though when it comes to kiting-mobility. If you're resto I guess it is a little inconvienence, but the spec is fotm in pvp anyways, so it is acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=58875/spirit-walk
    Spirit Walk should make you immune to snare effects for 10secs... I wouldn't solve all of our mobility issues, but imo a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    How do shams run from melee
    HA HA HA

...they don't

Post constructively, please.
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-01-08 at 02:18 AM.

IMO the problem isn't with ghostwolf or our tools, it's with blizzard design.

Lets look at what melee are capable of nowadays:

Rogues: Basically immune to snares and roots
    Druids: Basically immune to snares and roots
    Paladins: Basically immune to snares and roots
    DK's: either spamable root/snare or immunity to snares + run speed
    Monk: less than the others but has tigers lust + other mobility tools
    Shaman: Yep, pretty much the only melee you can kite
    Warriors: Thank god for the Avatar nerf

Add in gap closers/passive run speed increases/dispels and you get what we have today, a world where snares and roots don't matter much. Elemental is still living in a world where they do, which is unfortunate for us.

IMO they should tone down the snares and roots and remove melees immunity to them. Give them a ~1 minute cooldown that removes snares/roots and provides BRIEF (2-4 seconds) immunity to them being reapplied.

@ blitond: well, that would nerf other melees a little, but I doubt it'd bring us up to somewhere competitive, since gap closers are also a big part in this. I guess it is bad that snares dont account for much (except when applied to shamans), but it is also bad that the mobility toolkits of shamans is kidna unimpressive.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    @ blitond: well, that would nerf other melees a little, but I doubt it'd bring us up to somewhere competitive, since gap closers are also a big part in this. I guess it is bad that snares dont account for much (except when applied to shamans), but it is also bad that the mobility toolkits of shamans is kidna unimpressive.
    It's more about "resetting" the broken system. It's silly they keep adding snares and roots, then more immunities, then more snares/roots, then more immunities, etc...........

Interrupts are getting the same way. It used to be a classes had 1 interrupt, then they added in immunity to interrupts (aura mastery effects), then they added in super interrupts that bypass immunities. Whats next super aura mastery that grant immunity to super interrupts????

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=58875/spirit-walk
    Spirit Walk should make you immune to snare effects for 10secs... I wouldn't solve all of our mobility issues, but imo a good start.
    wtb cata spirit walk.... it had some sort of immunity built into it for a few seconds. i used to pop wolves and spirit walk to run no-fucks-given through ring of frost. my first like, 3 weeks of mop arena were filled with me yelling into skype "SPIRIT WALKING THROUGH RING FUCK YOU MAGE" then "I'm frozen. this is embarassing."
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    It's more about "resetting" the broken system. It's silly they keep adding snares and roots, then more immunities, then more snares/roots, then more immunities, etc...........

Interrupts are getting the same way. It used to be a classes had 1 interrupt, then they added in immunity to interrupts (aura mastery effects), then they added in super interrupts that bypass immunities. Whats next super aura mastery that grant immunity to super interrupts????
    Yeah, melees used to be to powerful, but it feels like casters got to much an edge with those long cooldowns. It mostly doesn't feel like casters are penalized while being meleed (when watching matches like swifty vs frost mage in 2on2). Well, finding the proper balance between melee and ranged is definately a point to be made, though not a shaman specific.