Internet Surfing and pictures viewing pc

Hi!

My neighbor would need a desktop pc, cheap and efficient for internet browsing (mostly) He is also viewing a lot of picture.

Im a checking this build:

Mobo ==> GIGABYTE S.FM1 AMD A55 MATX 2D DDR3,1PCI-E 16X/1PCI-E 1X/3PCI VGA/DUAL-DVI,RAID,USB3.0,SATA3 (GA-A55M-DS2)

CPU ==> AMD A6 X3 3500 3MB CACHE 2100M 65W FM1 (AD3500OJGXBOX)

Ram ==>*Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 4G 2x240DIMM (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9) 4 Go

Hard Drive ==> Seagate ST BARRACUDA 7200.12 500G 3.5 SATA 6GB/S 7200RPM 16MB CACHE (ST500DM002)

Case ==> Thermaltake Thermaltake VI5000BNS Black SECC Steel MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail (VI5000BNS)

And a 450W brandless PSU

I can get this build for 319.73$ CAD

Does it worth it? Any recommandation? For the optical drive he actually have one on his pc (Edit: Its a IDE one, and this Mobo have no IDE plug, I'll take one but it cost nothing)
    I would also like to know if the CPU is a good one (Not for gaming, for internet browsing ^^ )

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know; the bare minimum in components should be able to handle simple picture viewing and even HD video playback, especially the AMD A6 Processors.

If it's a computer you want to last, a "brandless PSU" isn't a smart idea. No-name PSUs are a big no no for any build, budget or not. I'd throw in an extra $20-30 and get a reputable PSU to make it last.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

If you have around 120 CAD more, you could get a SSD in there, would greatly help the system in load times of programs. Keep the HDD for Mass Storage though(Photos, Videos, Movies)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you have around 120 CAD more, you could get a SSD in there, would greatly help the system in load times of programs. Keep the HDD for Mass Storage though(Photos, Videos, Movies)
    I agree, except I'm not sure SSD & Cheap go along with each other just yet ^_^
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you just wanting to browse the internet and do some photos then a A4-3300 would be fine.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819106013 or a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819106014 save some money there.
    I would just drop the HDD and get a SSD and be done with it he probably isn't going to fill a 128 gig up esp if he isn't gaming.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-01-06 at 05:18 AM.