Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to not rage?

I have problem with rage while playing LoL.

First of all, I dont mind losing when I see everyone doing their job and we are just outplayed by better people. Also every can make mistakes, noone is perfect. I still can have fun.

Buuuut, when you have people who start fed from the start and at 7 min already 0/5 and 0/4 bot, or jungler dying from minions and failing every gank, when you have people who just suicide while going for some rambo actions like 1v4, basically people who destroying game from beginning. I just have enough and starting rage. Its so frustrating to keep playing with this people yet they refuse to surrender coz they think its fun to troll others.

I know rage make things only worse and its wrong bue well, I cant ressist.

So question is, how you keep "calm" when you got games like I mentioned? How to not rage?

PS: Team is not an option, talking about solo queue only here.

Well, this is a big issue in solo queue. The best way to play is to only look at what you do.
    Think about what you did wrong and how you could play better the next game, improve yourself and you'll be able to win games.

Winning games gets you higher and you'll have better teams etcetc.

The best advice I can give you is: remember that the team that rages, often loses.

So, with that in mind try and focus on the good stuff, someone on your team gets a kill, write gj in chat, get the positive feeling going. Someone screws up - don't start being that guy who jumps down their throat with OMG OMG 0.5 seconds later, remind them to buy a ward politely, or to play safely.

Also: never surrender in ranked :P What if they get a DC at 35 mins, and you wanted to surrender at 28 mins?

Oh, also if your team starts arguing, try and shut them down by reminding them that they are more likely to lose if they argue, and to concentrate on working together not flaming each other. Basically if you have nothing nice to say: don't say anything.

If someone is failing, you can also try and help them, or at least do some damage limitation, rather than finger pointing. FX last ranked I played we had a Pantheon who was DC for the first 6 levels (roughly). our jungler went top, and we played carefully, when Pantheon came back and apologised, i made sure I was the first to reply with: It's OK man, just farm a bit in top lane, and do some jungle minions and catch up. No-one else had chance to start yelling at him really, as I kind of jumped in and set the tone of the exchange, and we went on to win the game.

Interestingly, meanwhile on the opposing team, bot lane had lost two exchanges and their ADC and support had died once each. We notice shortly after that their support was afking after this. He did come back after a while but was obviously not even trying. We find out after the game thier jungler (who was always spaming trash talk at everyone in /all) had been such a flaming dick bag, the support had refused to play with him - thus he sabotaged his own team by raging at a mistake, which in turn caused another guy to afk ( also a dick move, but the root cause was flaming).

TLDR version: Just remember that you are actually making your chances of winning less by flaming and getting angry - focus on the positives and encourage / congratulate good play. Use the carrot, not the stick!

Remember that not everyone is equally skilled, nor have they all played as much as you. Perhaps teach people about the mistakes they're making to help them improve.

Always remember, it's just a game. If you're raging seriously, and not just frustrated, at getting stomped then take a break.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    turn off chat and remove your enter button.

Seriously its about the only way not to rage at your bad teammates
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    I think it's really quite simple. Just don't rage.

I never had a problem with this myself. There was a time where I'd engage in proper all-out flame wars with people who got mad at me, but then I realised that didn't help. Now I usually just ignore people who start being obnoxious (because that's all they are, really) until around the time lane phase is over, once I actually need to communicate with them again.

Instead of flaming you should start thinking what you could do to help. Gank their lanes, give some constructive, friendly advice, buy them a ward or 2, or snowball your lane so hard you can carry and win the game.

Basically, don't type if you have nothing good or useful to say. But you may yell at the screen if you need to vent

I'm fairly new to LoL, and in day two of me playing this game I ended up in games with people raging at me all the time because I died. Raging people make me just want to quit the game, there is no fun playing when people - so called smurfs, that make a new account to play with us new, and then end up complaining about us all the freaking time.
    I do understand why people rage at those that feed - run of and get killed, dosnt teamplay at all and all that, but try to simply give them tips insted: Dude, please just stick with me and I'll try to protect you. Buy this item, it will increase your dmg by a ton. Buy a ward, that way you wont get jumped from the jungle. Etc etc. Insted of: U dumbwit, go delete the game and die fucking moron (Yes, I've ended up with a few people screaming out stuff like that everytime someone dies when they do a mistake in jungle or similar stuff.)

The tip from me: Just try to be polite, help them, teach them how to play. If they dont listen, cant you like ignore them or something? So you dont end up in another game with them? I've only played the game for like a week though, so I dont realy know.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    go talk to a psychiatrist if you cant contain your anger. perhaps anger management classes? there is never ever any excuse to rage or hurl insults at other players. if you do that, ur just a bully. nobody likes a bully.

no matter how stupid or bad people are that i play with, in any game, i never get mad at them. if the same person keeps wiping a raid in wow, i just lol. if somebody is feeding the opposing team in dota or lol, i dont care.

Quit the game - worked for me, mate.
    Or just once you feel like raging, troll your team - makes me feel better to know that someone else is also gonna have a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Killingifrit View Post
    go talk to a psychiatrist if you cant contain your anger. perhaps anger management classes? there is never ever any excuse to rage or hurl insults at other players. if you do that, ur just a bully. nobody likes a bully.

no matter how stupid or bad people are that i play with, in any game, i never get mad at them. if the same person keeps wiping a raid in wow, i just lol. if somebody is feeding the opposing team in dota or lol, i dont care.
    I'd love to say the same thing, realy. But in online games I kinda demand people to atleast try their best to help the team.
    I dont realy mind wiping on a boss a few times, I will just explain to them what they do wrong (In a nice manner), and try to teach them what to do. Some people actually get mad at me when I try to teach them what to do.. But that's another story. If however they never listen and continue making 9/24 other people waste their time, I get them replaced.
    And I think it should be a similar solution to LoL - a vote to kick button, so if someone is intentionally feeding the other team, then we could kick him. Only bad part is that we wouldnt be able to get a replacement though... But rather 4vs5 without someone feeding the opposit team imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing I can say is to not think of LoL game by game, but think of it more in a broad view. You had a horrible team this game that insists on blaming you for everything they did wrong, it happens. But when you consider the last twenty games you played, the one game (well there may be more than one) where you raged is pretty insignificant. I've learned (mostly when I played sc2) to look at a resounding loss and say what did I do right, then what did I do wrong. You just look at those two things, take some mental notes and Q up again.

If you think of it game by game, then you are going to be much more likely to rage at a bad team or leavers/afkers etc.

SivHD has a surprisingly good video about how not to rage > link <
    Another good source of videos that have to do with not raging/losing etc. would be gbay99. He has a lot of very informative very useful videos.

Hope that helped!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valz. View Post
    Or just once you feel like raging, troll your team - makes me feel better to know that someone else is also gonna have a bad day.
    Wao...

As someone else said: unbind your enter key. Fixes all of your problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infighter View Post
    as someone else said: Unbind your enter key. Fixes all of your problems.
    omg noob no ss report x9!!!11!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    omg noob no ss report x9!!!11!
    GET SOME MAP AWARENESS GEEZ-- oh wait I can't type that.

But for real, I just ping the map three times from my directions to their to show my lane opponent is roaming. It usually works...

Quote Originally Posted by Valz. View Post
    Quit the game - worked for me, mate.
    To be fair my day would be ruined even more when I got reported for being a dickbag all the time and got banned, losing a load of time and money from my account...

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are purposely trolling, etc.
    Then I'll just say 'Enjoy your ban' and just not talk for the rest of the game.
    I used to rage hard every game, now I don't at all.
    I listen to music, and play hardy-carrys. And just push to win.
    Also usually have a IRL teammate, so I know there is one less derp on the team.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    I can only recommend you this channel if you rage: http://www.youtube.com/user/gbay99

watch his videos and I swear that you will never rage again mate. Especially this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxE8wTbYJs8

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I have problem with rage while playing LoL.

First of all, I dont mind losing when I see everyone doing their job and we are just outplayed by better people. Also every can make mistakes, noone is perfect. I still can have fun.

Buuuut, when you have people who start fed from the start and at 7 min already 0/5 and 0/4 bot, or jungler dying from minions and failing every gank, when you have people who just suicide while going for some rambo actions like 1v4, basically people who destroying game from beginning. I just have enough and starting rage. Its so frustrating to keep playing with this people yet they refuse to surrender coz they think its fun to troll others.

I know rage make things only worse and its wrong bue well, I cant ressist.

So question is, how you keep "calm" when you got games like I mentioned? How to not rage?

PS: Team is not an option, talking about solo queue only here.

Firstly the 0/5 bot etc is a symptom of being outplayed. Hell I had 1/2/3 score thought I was doing bad because of constant 4 man ganks when I was adc. Looked at enemy caits score and she was 1/3/3 because when we wernt being 4 man ganked I was zoning her.

The thing is When I duo Queue with a buddy from my 5v5 ranked team we go bot together and we generally counter pick enemy ad carrys then continue to smash, if we don't then I continue to farm and pull it out late game. The thing is though I have some enemy rage every game about how there bot is a noob and fails etc and the thing is we generally just have far better teamwork because we're premade and play extremely passive aggressive, but it works for us. The problem is instead of helping they tend to rage. Perfect example would be when lane broke I took on there wayyyyy underfed cait and top lane jayce together at there turret and killed them both. They could of retreated further, or just grouped up and ganked us since we were still farming by ourselves occasionally or even warded since we were using jungle a fair bit. As someone already said, don't rage, try and think would you could do to improve the situation.

As for not raging...well...the only thing I can think of is switch lanes around a bit if you've noticed a lane feeding horribly, or babysit it, or if there general horribleness surrender and save yourself some rage? Theres not really a way top stop it xD But then I don't rage unless its something like 20 games in a row lost (exaggeration)
    Last edited by mini98; 2013-01-06 at 07:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    You can trust me. I just flop around like a fish until I decide what I want to believe, then I tell people they are wrong for thinking some other way. It works for me.
    Words of wisdom if I have ever heard any.

There is no point to raging. It won't help you win the game. The players who are feeding are practically getting bullied by the enemy line(s) as it is. They need you to help them, not kick them while they are down.

You should come to the game with mindset I am here to do my best. If my team is bad so be it but I will do my best. Last hit better, roam better, fight better.

It's a good chance to learn some self control as well. When I see some s2 high elo player in my game it's very likely they are ragers who should be higher but while playing above their elo they are pulling the whole team down with their emo spam throwing games at the first sign of their team weakness. I imagine they are 15 year old yet to grow up kind of players.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.