Deleted

"The zone", Flow and state of mind in Gaming

Googling "Flow" brings up multiple articles pertaining to this that I cannot link because of newbstatus.

Reading through these few articles, I am interested. I have experienced this "Heightened level of concentration" before. I always referred to it as being "in the zone". It has always felt to me as if I have done something to my utmost best that I possibly could, almost as if I was watching through my own eyes, as if something else was controlling me. Call it strange if you will but that is how I have felt.

I firmly believe that this state exists and its not a load of rubbish, however its extremely hard to experience, and oftentimes when you realise you are in said zone, you snap out, generally in amazement of what you have probably just accomplished.

Do you believe? Do you have any tricks or methods to getting into that feel, the zone?

My friend has this theory that the reason why a lot of people rapidly tap their feet while gaming is that the brain needs to keep a tempo in order to process all of the decisions you are making. I've noticed that others do this when they are deep in thought as well.

So I do believe there is a mental state of heightened concentration like the one you are describing.

Deleted
    It usually happens for me if I play an fps or so, and I get really focused when I play against people who are hard to beat, but my team will still hold up. It's awesome.

That's why I sometimes play video games with a metronome if I'm doing bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    My friend has this theory that the reason why a lot of people rapidly tap their feet while gaming is that the brain needs to keep a tempo in order to process all of the decisions you are making. I've noticed that others do this when they are deep in thought as well.

So I do believe there is a mental state of heightened concentration like the one you are describing.
    I usually tap my feet when i'm listening to good musics while pvping.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com