Poll: Do you sign the petition to remove flying mounts?

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I think the discussion should be how and where restrict flying mounts instead of removing it all together. You shouldn't be able to get out of every situation just because your horse has wings; flying should be approached in a more in-depth manner and not allowed to be a "get away" free pass.
    That's likely the better topic of discussion. As someone mentioned a few posts ago, I wouldn't mind if the sky felt more dangerous. Maybe there were a few more things that could kill you / knock of you off your mount if you're not paying attention. Not a veritable minefield of dazing mobs, but enough that you can't point yourself in a direction, ascend to the ceiling, and auto-run across 3 zones while making hot pockets.

how am i going to raid MSV now if there is no flying mounts?? :/ flight path?? but thats flying as well, teleport device?? thats just more stupid than having flying mount

if they want to get rid of flying mount they need to remake the game or even wow2 (which probably wont happen)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I've seen a lot of hate on flying mounts and it confuses me. If you want to explore ruins and such again, just use a ground mount. Most areas are accessible from the ground, and even if they aren't, you can fly to them, then use your ground mount. Blizzard hasn't removed anything, they've just given you the option of flying around.

Not everyone wants to spend an excessive amount of time getting from Point A to B, and not everyone wants to explore. That you want to explore is great, good for you, go do that. Other people want to fly around and enjoy the game their own way. This MMO wasn't made for you, it was made for everyone, there are going to be things you like about it and things that you hate about it. If you happen to hate flying mounts, tough luck. Blizzard has already put a lot of effort into making flying mounts a part of the game, even going so far as to make the old world compatible with flying mounts. Based on the overwhelmingly negative response to your proposal they aren't going to remove them any time soon, and I doubt the communities opinion will change considering we've had flying mounts since BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alteena View Post
    That's likely the better topic of discussion. As someone mentioned a few posts ago, I wouldn't mind if the sky felt more dangerous. Maybe there were a few more things that could kill you / knock of you off your mount if you're not paying attention. Not a veritable minefield of dazing mobs, but enough that you can't point yourself in a direction, ascend to the ceiling, and auto-run across 3 zones while making hot pockets.
    Exactly, specially on areas that should be dangerous and careful to transit; such enemy settlements, battlefields and the like.

I remember how awesome it was back in Vanilla to explore Azeroth from the ground. Because the world was new to me then, filled with mystery. Now I'm acquainted with it like I am with my own home, removing flying mounts wouldn't change that. MoP's model is how I like it; first explore new lands from the ground, and after you're done you get to fly.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    It's a shame so many people opposed to flying mounts vote no simply because they feel it's too late to change. That provides the 'other side', who enjoy flying mounts and declare me an idiot simply because I prefer riding mounts, with ammo.

Perhaps, in hindsight, the vote should have been whether flying mounts should be phased out over time provided it doesn't negatively affect the gameplay?

I mean you make it sound as if I want them gone overnight, or as if Blizzard are too amateurish to be able to come up with cool solutions to end flying. This could happen over several expansions, while the world is slowly re-fitted for ground mounts and filled with content to make the ground seem more attractive again.
    Right because that's the only other reason someone would vote no. I mean you did put another option other than yes and no in the poll right?

Deleted
    no, absolutely not.
    I explore far, FAR more on my flyer than I do on my ground mounts.
    simply because its is a lot easier to get to places and I dont have to bother with all the trash that might be in the way of getting to where I want to explore.

as for this becomming a petition to blizzard. Forget it. Probably been said already but they lock petition threads faster than shit off a chrome shovel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Absolutely not. Azeroth is a leveling zone to power through, nothing more.
    See, this is why so many people are bored with the game. They feel the leveling phase of the game is some kind of bump in the way to the so-called “fun”, which is the so-called “end-game”. But if you don’t just rush your way to the daily rethread through dailies and city-sleeping that is the level cap, you will most likely enjoy the game more. The world is there to be explore, not just overlooked as you think about what you should do after leaving it and never look back.
    I know it will create a massive, global outcry, but I have to vote for the dismissal of flying mounts in World of Warcraft. I feel they ruin the game experience once you get hold of one.

There really shouldn't even be flying mounts. If you want to get to a zone fast you take a flight path. They need to make flight paths more straight and quick and not have them twist and turn all over the terrain. Then ground mounts would be used to travel around. Another alternative would be to only allow flying mounts to be ridden above a certain height, so you could fly it anymore but to land or take off you'd have to go up to a high mountain or hill or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stasso View Post
    With flying mounts it allows more areas for the developers to make references and easter eggs, like the dwarves stuck in the tree west of if or the fairy circle in west trisfal, these places when i found them was a sense of amazement and exploration, so you can still get that feeling of exploring with a flying mount.
    Flying around is not exploration, it is sight-seeing. Exploration involves actively traversing a landscape, not gliding over it. And sight-seeing is pretty much what "can't be bothered explorers" do instead of exploring.

Which is the main problem with the game's community in this and similar matters. Most players prefer to be "can't be bothered players", happily going about in their daily and weekly routines... in a game that they are supposed to play to get excited. But excitement it seems is not desired anymore. Playing World of Facebook is good enough for them.

As for the matter itself, especially with the developers doing an almost 180-turn on the matter, it is quite clear what is best for the game in my opinion. Flying almost anywhere is bad for the game. It makes the concept of a coherent world obsolete. Flying around is like looking at the ground from the window of an airplane. The interaction is next to non-existent. What is more, it diminishes the value of almost anything in the world the developers create. Enemy towns get tranformed to drop-points, villains to dots on the map, and so on. Which is why in Mists flying was taken away initially. It just ruins most of everything. And if the developers had more guts, they would have removed it completely in Pandaria. But even the partial removal is a nice first step, and an admittance that widespread flying is a mistake.

I am not all for the removal of flying. I think it can be an awesome feature in the game, if handled properly. For instance being able to fly in certain (few) zones, specifically designed with flying in mind. But other than that, yes, it should be removed, so that players can stop being lazy, and the design of the game to gain a more exploratory, actual world feel. And no Relic Hunter is not exploration, I have the title and almost all items, it is just dumb luck.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2013-01-06 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I remember how awesome it was back in Vanilla to explore Azeroth from the ground. Because the world was new to me then, filled with mystery. Now I'm acquainted with it like I am with my own home, removing flying mounts wouldn't change that. MoP's model is how I like it; first explore new lands from the ground, and after you're done you get to fly.
    I remember getting my first mount at lv 40. That experience alone is enough to make me want to make all mounts able to fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    See, this is why so many people are bored with the game. They feel the leveling phase of the game is some kind of bump in the way to the so-called “fun”, which is the so-called “end-game”. But if you don’t just rush your way to the daily rethread through dailies and city-sleeping that is the level cap, you will most likely enjoy the game more. The world is there to be explore, not just overlooked as you think about what you should do after leaving it and never look back.
    I know it will create a massive, global outcry, but I have to vote for the dismissal of flying mounts in World of Warcraft. I feel they ruin the game experience once you get hold of one.

This would be a horrible decision and I think you know that. Removing Flying mounts and without any compensation or something to put it in it's place would be silly. You can't say it's why many people are bored for the game unless you speak for everyone...which you don't.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No and even, flying should be allow at level 1 so we can skipp all the crz pvp crap

Deleted
    no i farmed WAY to long for ashes/ ony drake.

People are already accustomed to it at this point, nor would it make sense that we could fly everywhere else.

Deleted
    Let's look at the two shots in the original post. Left: trees everywhere. Right: trees everywhere. Looks about right for WoW.

But hey, OP, I have another petition for you: let's remove your PvP gear/509 purples. They just made you too powerful against other players. What's that? You earned them and you have the right to keep them? I guess the same goes for my flying mounts. I earned my flying mounts, some of them after months of farming old heroics, or by camping ridiculously rare mobs. Keep your hands off my stuff, and I will keep mine off yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I think it's clear that most people don't want them gone.
    Can we now stop with this "remove flying mounts"-crap forever?
    Next thread demanding their removal will probably be posted tomorrow. Monday tops.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Next thread demanding their removal will probably be posted tomorrow. Monday tops.
    You know I still don't understand why people can't you know JUST NOT FLY.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Unless they gave compensation or a system similar to waypoints like in Guild Wars II.
    I don't know anything about waypoints in GW2, but what you'd have to do in WoW is make sure people can still reach every location players eventually want to reach. The max level quest locations, airships, the whole Cataclysm and the high level WotLK zones. There is so much stuff they have to rework and even if they put in that work, they'll do that basically to worsen the experience of most players.

Waypoints devalue exploration far more than flying mounts do, and are less viscerally interesting.