Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ok I just need a confirmation on compatibility of the case...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tone%20SG07-BW

and the cooler...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181015

The case only comes with 1 fan on the top for INTAKE (can I switch it around?) which is 120mm. Now the only option I see working out is installing the fan of my cooler (also 120mm) opposite of the GPU on the case. It doesn't say if that is possible or not.

Sorry I'm on a tablet writing this and it won't let me interact with the link icon, if someone wants to convert it for me, thanks.
    Last edited by Uncle Julian; 2013-01-06 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    should work , however there is an even smaller one with a 450W PSU which should be enough for a single 670/680.(you wanted to power a 27" ips screen with this beasty right?)

found the smaller one (here)
    also not too sure on H60, tubing might be too long to fit good inside?
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-01-06 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    If you end going with the H-series cooler I'd say change it to this:

CORSAIR Hydro Series H55 Quiet CPU Cooler

Conclusion/comparison @Anand

The info page at NVidia suggests a 500 or 550w requirement for the 670, sorry can't double check at this time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    The info page at NVidia suggests a 500 or 550w requirement for the 670, sorry can't double check at this time.
    suggests ^^, actuall power draw is way lower as can be found on tech speccs (here, dutch site but numbers should be understandable)
    Stroomaansluiting

Connector 2 x 6-pin (PCie)
    Max. verbruik ca. 173 Watt (bij volledige belasting)

Wow, that's seriously blowing my mind right now...I'm really tempted to try that, need to read some more sources on power draw though. I'd hate a failure lol

Deleted
    Wow, that's seriously blowing my mind right now...I'm really tempted to try that, need to read some more sources on power draw though. I'd hate a failure lol
    do note that is a stock gtx 670, not sure on what kind of quality psu silverstone uses but they don't seem to be no name quality. (else wth would silverstone be doing)
    overclocked cards etc use more power obviously, be wary of the low amount of front ports and likely lack of an optical drive. (but hey who needs those these days anyway? ^^)

I built one of these a couple days ago, I have it overclocked and all running all the games I usually play at max settings with good fps (40+). Also nicknamed steambox

Case: Fractal Design Node 304 (Absolute wonder to work in compared to a couple of the other m-itx boxes I've seen. Roomie and silent.
    MB: Ordered an ASrock first, got it and it was DOA. Also read that these boards were prone to catching fire with no warning. Settled for the P8Z77-I deluxe. This board is almost as good as my main PC's MB. Sick quality in such a tiny board. The extra VRM on the "sisterboard" makes it almost equal to a full size MB.
    CPU: i53570K OC@4,4 atm
    CPU cooler: Case won't fit watercooling but it will fit a H60 so that is what I went for. CPU temp at current clock 33idle/67load. Having this cooler helped cable management alot which is also a big factor when cooling a small case like this one.
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 128GB + WD Blue
    RAM: 8GB Corsair vengeance LP
    GPU: EVGA GTX660SC. Went for EVGA due to it having a reference cooler. This cooler exhausts minimal heat into the case so it helps keeping it cool in there.
    PSU: XFX 550W. Don't take a modular one if you plan to build in a small case as the plugs can interfere with your GPU if you choose a card that is longer than the GTX660.

3DMark11 score: 7443

Ok these are the parts I'm liking the best:

processor - i5 3570k ($220)
    case - Silverstone SG07-BW ($200)
    gpu - 670 gtx msi, factory over clocked and reference design ($360)
    mobo - asus p8z77-i deluxe ($185)
    ssd - ocz agility 3 256gb - ($180)
    ram - g.skill sniper series 1866 mhz ($50)
    keyboard - ($50)
    cpu cooler - corsair hydro series h55 ($70)
    monitor - ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" ($200)

total = $1515 usd, including monitor and keyboard (I already have a mouse)

As far as the monitor goes, I opted for a 24 inch one to increase mobility a tad bit. The one on my list is one of the recommended monitors on the stickied build-guide by Marest, and the monitor gets really good reviews (customer choice awards, etc). I am a little nervous of it being a bit bulky and over 12 lbs...that seems way too heavy for a 24 inch flat screen.
    Last edited by Uncle Julian; 2013-01-06 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    why no 1600 mhz ram? (overpaying now pretty much)
    also what is the power draw of the rig ? because i think you could go a little smaller on the case :P ( SG05 with 450 W psu)
    all i can think of that is worth swapping, rest is pretty solid.

15+ Year Old Account
    do you not like the fractal node 304?

it's $100 cheaper and will at least save you a few bucks

also, drop the ram to 1600, no real point in 1866
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

As for the ram, it's just about the same price tag as normal 1600 MHz, so I figure why not. Case-wise, I don't know if I could live without the piece of mind of the power supply. I do plan on over clocking the cpu, using a water pump, faster ram, and an overclocked 670 so I feel a little better going with the 600w version. I do love the size of the 450 though. I have nothing against the node 304, I just haven't read into it yet. I do like not hassling with a power supply though.

Food for thought:
    node 304 = 9.84 x 8.26 x 14.72 U.S. inches
    Slvstnsml = 8.66 x 6.97 x 11.26
    Slvstnlarg = 8.75" x 7.49" x 13.82

If I went with the node 304, could you recommend a PSU for me? Preferably 500w
    Last edited by Uncle Julian; 2013-01-07 at 10:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, didn't realize the Silverstone had an integrated PSU, so I guess the Node 304 wouldn't save you any money

SeaSonic X650 is my go-to PSU for the most part (and it's 750W counter-part)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    As for the ram, it's just about the same price tag as normal 1600 MHz, so I figure why not. Case-wise, I don't know if I could live without the piece of mind of the power supply. I do plan on over clocking the cpu, using a water pump, faster ram, and an overclocked 670 so I feel a little better going with the 600w version. I do love the size of the 450 though. I have nothing against the node 304, I just haven't read into it yet. I do like not hassling with a power supply though.

Food for thought:
    node 304 = 9.84 x 8.26 x 14.72 U.S. inches
    Slvstnsml = 8.66 x 6.97 x 11.26
    Slvstnlarg = 13 x 13 x 19

Relatively speaking, the Silverstone large looks like a behemoth. In practice it might not be too much of a difference though. If I went with the node 304, could you recommend a PSU for me? Preferably 500w
    http://www.itxgamer.com/powersupplie...as-much-power/ ^^
    with the right choice of parts you should be fine with that 450W PSU , also you likely won't need that much headroom in wattage since you will have a hard time cooling any high oc's due to case cooling. (a nice 4 Ghz clock if unlucky or 4.4 if lucky should be coolable if you get lucky with voltages, GPU shouldn't need an OC)