Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ok imply it - but let it cost about 100k gold. That way you need to either steal your mothers credit card and buy WoW gold, or actually work to get it. Hey, you'll earn it by never have to respecc again right? As I understand most of you guys must do that quite often, if you realy need a tri-spec.

I've been playing this pala since Vanilla, and I need to say - I've never had the need of more than two specs, hell - two wasnt needed either..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I was (and still am) always opposed to three or more specs, so I this response from Greg just now got me worried:

What do you think? Will they indeed implement more specs, or is he just messing with our minds?
    Could be he's referring to a possible 3rd spec being tested in house to solve the ever ongoing issues with class balancing between PvE and PvP (although I can't see druids having 5 specs, so that would mean going back to druids being hybrid dps-tanks to keep the 4), could also be that he's just saying that their bouncing ideas at dev-meetings and will return to a more suitable 3 tree talent system again to match what's potentially coming in the next expansion.

It could also mean nothing at all, and he was just blowing hot smoke into the "atmosphere" so players would start all sorts of ridiculous speculations, and eventually flood the public forums because he thought his CM staff needed a bit of overtime to work off all the Christmas food

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Weird how we survived with only one spec for that long, right?

Realy, its more about people being lazy - two specs is just fine, and respeccing from PvE to PvP takes like two minutes now. So dont bother to use that accuse.
    How would having 50 different specs change anything? it wouldn't...It would solve more issues then it would cause. You say it takes 2 minutes, maybe but it's just an annoyance that doesn't really need to be there, especially with this bug that doesn't allow me to change talents until i've reloaded my ui.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    1 second after we get tri spec, people will start asking for quad spec.
    Guaranteed.
    Forget that I want a pentuple spec.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    1 second after we get tri spec, people will start asking for quad spec.
    Guaranteed.
    False. Black Bear. No really, a fourth spec would be pointless, as specializations, talents and glyphs are differentiated enough that people can have a same specialization and just easily swap out talents and glyphs. So essentially three specs would be adequate and people would never need a fourth spec for a redundant specialization.

A third spec would be extremely useful for a lot of people and I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do it.

Deleted
    Yes please.

Deleted
    I'm more or less against different specs in the first place, as I want choices and roles to mean something. Being able to flip around like in WoW or Diablo 3 removes a sense of character progression.

I'd like one specc that is forever. I am a warrior and I have those to train myself to become a Fury warrior. These are my talents.

On top of that I wouldn't mind if you could choose a weaker secondary spec for some extra flavour. But a weaker one.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has to accompany adding a 4th spec to everyone. Because if there are 3 specs, and you can pick all 3, then why have specs at all?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Ok imply it - but let it cost about 100k gold. That way you need to either steal your mothers credit card and buy WoW gold, or actually work to get it. Hey, you'll earn it by never have to respecc again right? As I understand most of you guys must do that quite often, if you realy need a tri-spec.

I've been playing this pala since Vanilla, and I need to say - I've never had the need of more than two specs, hell - two wasnt needed either..
    That's great, for you perhaps. But that's not to say other players wouldn't welcome a third spec change. Don't pass off your playstyle needs as required for others who would otherwise enjoy a third spec. I've been playing since Vanilla too, does that justify my wants and desires for the game to be dictated to other players? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This has to accompany adding a 4th spec to everyone. Because if there are 3 specs, and you can pick all 3, then why have specs at all?
    If you factor in PvP there are 6 different choices to be made in choosing a spec.

Id love this. It wont effect anyone who already don't bother to gear an os. Not even the most hardcore would focus on gearing one players three specs over others first spec. Just means more gear will be used and not de'd.

Deleted
    We would never do such a thing they said, it would ruin it they said.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If you factor in PvP there are 6 different choices to be made in choosing a spec.
    True. But that's for talents. Give them a third talent choice. But don't give them a third spec choice.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for it. If you play a hybrid class and your guild requires you to gear up and play an offspec you don't like while NOT being on the cutting edge of content then you should probably just find another guild. There are many of them out there. If you enjoy doing it that's one thing, but if your class has a spec that you don't like and your guild tries to force you into it, find a different guild.

I tank and heal on my paladin, I like PvP on that character as well, but not enough to respec every time I want to PvP. TriSpec would be a good thing. While respecs aren't as annoying now as they were in TBC/Vanilla (Played warrior ... Loved tanking and DPSing with my guild's raids, also loved PvP. Had to switch between all three specs (PvP as fury was bad, PvE as arms was bad) to do those things and that was more than a little frustrating at 50g a pop several times a week.

With the removal of talent trees, the spec-selection limitation seems a lot less significant. I don't think it'd be unreasonable for Blizz to let everyone to buy a third specs option at a much higher price. (Druids, buy three and get the fourth free!) Perhaps add a new, expensive tome for spec swapping as well, just to discourage excessive spec swapping.

a 3rd pvp only spec would be a good solution imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    No just no ,sometimes i hate the face we already have 2.I liked the old system that when u speced u had to stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    if 3rd spec then we need more bag space to carry 2 extra item sets which are properly gemmed, reforged, enchanted etc. I'm thinking one extra bag slot would be wonderful.
    With bag space being able to reach what, 128 or something? And a full set of gear requires like 15 spaces. Plus your bank can reach upto 200+ I think, you don't really have to stack up on every thing in the game. What Blizzard should make some item types that don't need to take up bag-space into like drop down menu, like tabards etc. Then make the main bag 28 slots instead of 16, that should help alot, then improve main bag to highest bag slot currently available. Or make us able to replace the main bag too.

Not like it's particularly hard to respec now anyway, I'm neither for nor opposed.