Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Snip for lenght
    Wow, thanks a ton for that
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but i think, these... "Raids" Are not true raids actually in game. At least last time when i played, still only elite of players did at least Law Of Retribution. In that case WoW about raids is more... "Progressive" But still controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Sorry but i think, these... "Raids" Are not true raids actually in game. At least last time when i played, still only elite of players did at least Law Of Retribution. In that case WoW about raids is more... "Progressive" But still controversial.
    They are raids: the encounters have unique mechanics, and there is progression in the form of nightmare difficultly (aka Warframe's version of heroic difficultly). Also, you don't have to be an elite player to play LoR; you just need the right team comp and be knowledgeable about how it works. Jordas would be the next step up from LoR, but it's Archwing based, so your equipment from LoR doesn't count (and vice versa), so you can progress in either order.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing as the Stalker is apparently possible! Maybe this will get added into the game one day!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the Eidolons are actually something for MR24s like me to do and to continue doing for quite a while. I've been so hungry for some sort of challenging endgame where the challenge isn't being in the FOV of a Nullifier for more than a second.

I also hope that this weapon crafting eventually gets more components seeded out into the solar system. Grineer parts from these planets and these missions, Corpus parts from these bosses, infested chunklets from these rotations of Derelict Survivals, etc. There is a lot of potential in a system like that, and integrating pieces of weapon crafting into the dozens of mission types and reward pools they have already would be a fun way for someone like me to actually have something to do.

I am excited to explore 6 months' worth of development! And I'm very excited for an even better looking "tileset." The Earth rework is fabulous, I want more impressive environments like that.

Finally, Archwing with a purpose? Excuse me while I forma my Elytron! A reason to use it, finally!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing as Stalker... Ya know i imagne this as a quest or something, might be fun i admit.

Has there been another big update since the War Within Quest? I logged on after the longest break and didn't really notice anything different or new.

Except they killed the Tonkor. Screw that.

On a related note, does anyone know the secret to having the high tier weapons do non-laughable damage against sortie level monsters? Maxed out Soma Prime still does like 44 damage a hit in sorties. And I've seen the videos of it ripping sorties apart solo, so 4 CP can't be the answer.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2017-07-12 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Has there been another big update since the War Within Quest? I logged on after the longest break and didn't really notice anything different or new.
    Two major updates.

Two additional syndicate quests and frames were added: Octavia (a bard warframe, for Cephalon Suda) and Harrow (dark priest, for Red Veil). Melee rivens were added (so every weapon has a riven now), captura mode was added (see my above post), you can now dual wield a secondary weapon and a one-handed weapon (currently limited to glaives), you can get a programmable musicbox companion, and new primes were added. Earth was revamped.

Also, Rhino Prime and Mage Prime - and their respective weapons - are now available until the end of the month (meaning their fissure keys drop again).

I got back into Warfame this week, after putting it down back in 2014, and I'm really struggling to pick up where I left off.

I've unlocked all the planets upto Uranus, minus Ceres and Phobos (which aren't really planets anyway, but I wanted to be specific), but I'm having a hard time getting much done there at the moment. The only Frame I currently have is Mag, and her abilities seem to cost too much energy and deal too little damage, with Crush being the only exception however that is hugely expensive for the effect it has. I do have the Blueprints for a Rhino and Nyx frame, but I've not got all the components to craft it and don't have access to the areas where they drop - Most notably Control Modules which only appear to drop in the Void.

For whatever reason, when I last put Warframe down, the only Primary I had was a Latron waiting for me on the crafting bench. It's fully leveled and modded with plenty of upgraded +damage mods, but it still seems to be really lackluster and have a bizzare damage spread. At times it'll hit for 60, others it's well into the 200's range, but it still takes way more hits than it should to get a kill. Unfortunately, according to the Wiki, the Latron seems to be the weapon with the highest damage available for mastery rank 3. Secondaries I've got a Lex, which is also modded up to it's 30 capacity max and a Fragor as a Melee weapon - The knockdown on which seems to be really all I contribute at all to my squad.

I'm not sure where I go from here. I would assume I'm looking for either higher quality mods or higher quality weapons, but how to go about getting them is beyond me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I'm not sure where I go from here. I would assume I'm looking for either higher quality mods or higher quality weapons, but how to go about getting them is beyond me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    There are two types of mod: the standard mods that you will pick up as random drops throughout the game, and the mods that can only be equipped on specific Warframes or weapons that you buy from the Syndicates. Syndicates are the reputations of Warframe; there are stationed on the relays (player hubs) and getting to their highest rank allows you to buy their warframe and weapon mods. Since these mods are quite powerful for certain builds, I'd recommend you start gaining rep with them. You can rank up with three syndicates: the three one the left side of the relay (New Loka, Pernin Sequence, Red Veil), or the three on the right side (Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, Steel Meridian). As for random drop mods, you'll either have to just keep playing, or trade with other players to get the ones you want for your build.

For more weapons, I strongly encourage you to join a clan (this game's version of guilds); the clan dojo has various "labs" where you can buy weapon blueprints (most weapon blueprints are locked behind the labs, so hurry up and join one). Warframe is interesting in that there isn't really a gear grind; ALL warframes and weapons are endgame viable, with the right setup. Even your Latron is endgame viable. However, if you want "straight up massive damage and easy to use", the most popular recommendation is the Tigris Prime, which you can farm from fissues (primes drop from fissure missions instead of void now).

Weapons in warframe will deal inconsistent damage because of Damage 2.0; you'll need to setup your mod loadouts for fighting against Grineer (weak to puncture and viral damage), Corpus (weak to impact and magnetic), and infested (slash and gas).

Even your Latron is endgame viable.
    Good to know, I do rather like it, aside from it's poor damage output. The problem then I take it is not having the proper mods? I've not unlocked any of the Syndicate mods so I'm stuck with what I've scrounged up from drops, alert rewards etc. I've got a Rank 7 Seration in there to take advantage of the Polarity, as well as a +15% of each of the 4 elemental damage types, giving me Blast and Corrosive secondary damage.

As far as I know, there are no more flat damage mods in game, so I'm really not seeing how you'd make it end game viable. Right now even with Headshots it takes 8-9 shots to drop a single target, clearly not up to snuff when it comes to dealing with hordes of enemies. I get the feeling I may be missing something important here.

Good to know, I do rather like it, aside from it's poor damage output. The problem then I take it is not having the proper mods? I've not unlocked any of the Syndicate mods so I'm stuck with what I've scrounged up from drops, alert rewards etc. I've got a Rank 7 Seration in there to take advantage of the Polarity, as well as a +15% of each of the 4 elemental damage types, giving me Blast and Corrosive secondary damage.

As far as I know, there are no more flat damage mods in game, so I'm really not seeing how you'd make it end game viable. Right now even with Headshots it takes 8-9 shots to drop a single target, clearly not up to snuff when it comes to dealing with hordes of enemies. I get the feeling I may be missing something important here.
    First make sure your weapon of choice has an Orokin Catalyst installed, as it doubles your mod capacity (from 30 to 60). You can then use Forma to add/change a polarity slot (polarity slots half the required mod power of any mod with the same polarity that is installed in that slot) so you can get your primed mods on it too.

There are flat out damage mods; for primary weapons it's Serration (straight up damage increase), as well as mods that increased the damage of certain damage types (Piercing Hit for more puncture damage, for example). Finally, you want to pick between a status build (stacking elemental status effects on an enemy will deal additional damage), or a straight up crit build. Unless you have a high crit weapon (at least 20% crit chance), just go with status build. For status build, it's really simple: stack cold and toxin mods on your grinner loadout, heat and electricity on your corpus loadout, and gas and toxin on your infested loadout.

Use your remaining mod slots for whatever you value: magazine size, reload speed, fire rate, whatever.

If you need even more damage (I can't see why unless you're running endurance missions), then you can farm Sorties and hope you get a good riven for your chosen weapon (or trade the rivens you get for the riven you want). Riven mods are randomized weapon-specific mods that you can get once a day from a Sortie, but they aren't really needed for normal gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, prime equipment IS NOT the be-all-end-all; prime equipment is only a marginal upgrade over it's normal counterpart, coming with slightly increased stats and a bonus mod polarity slot. They really only matter if you want fancy golden gear to show off, the best possible version of your favorite weapon, or mastery fodder (your mastery rank increases by leveling up gear).

If you're on PC, add Sixnalia.

If your mastery rank is above 2, I can invite you to my clan(which I use for solo research and to let others use it for blueprints and enable trading). From there, I could trade you some starting mods and maybe some starter platinum to help you perhaps buy a thing or two you would like to try out.

I don't play every day, but am more than happy to do any content in game with people.

This game is great, but suffers by having a large power gap between new and veteran players. But the power gain ramps up quickly as you settle in and get used to how the game functions in regards to mods.

Deleted
    Started playing again after like a couple year hiatus this week. Cycled this yesterday and boy does it shred Infected a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    To add to Six comment if ps4 I have a small clan with all weapons except hema and a few arching weapons set so I can invite ya their too

10+ Year Old Account
    Is synoid simulor nerfed anyone knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Is synoid simulor nerfed anyone knows?
    Think simulors were nerfed earlier this year

10+ Year Old Account
    Simulor got a nerf buff. Manual detonations do more damage and increased range but merging damage got nerfed.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-08-18 at 08:28 AM.

First make sure your weapon of choice has an Orokin Catalyst installed, as it doubles your mod capacity (from 30 to 60). You can then use Forma to add/change a polarity slot (polarity slots half the required mod power of any mod with the same polarity that is installed in that slot) so you can get your primed mods on it too.
    Oh I see. I've, effectively, had 25% of the Mod capacity as everyone else. Given how those damage bonuses are multiplicative, rough guestimate is that just being able to upgrade the mods I have to max rank would bump the damage from the 200 range to just shy of 900. That alone is a huge damage buff before even taking into account the rest of the extra mods I could cram in there.

Suppose all I need to do now is get my hands on some Forma and a Catalyst.

@Sixnalia and @Sorrior - I really do appreciate the offers, but I'm already in a Clan with some friends who recently picked the game up.

Deleted
    Ugh, just dumped 2,9k mutagen samples for the Hema(sp?) research in the Dojo and realized that I'm probably the only one active in the small old clan we have, and now I have to grind 2,1k more just so I don't feel stupid.

LFM ODS mutagen sample farm pls join

10+ Year Old Account

Saw an interesting review. I may give it a shot