502 boomkin gemming for int... what do you think?

Hi, so recently i've given up on rng and am going more for int > crit in gems. For red sockets i use 160 int yellow- 80 int 160 crit and blue- 80 int 160 spirit. What do you think about this? I was just wondering since maybe you high end players have tried it before. The reason i feel i may get better results is because i dont feel like i am getting alot out of all the crit i had. I lost 1600 crit and gained 800 int. I know crit is better in this because it is 2>1 but would the higher sustained dps not make up for the little difference in dps loss from not gemming correctly? We also get crit from int so that should also minimize the amount of crit i lose.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thiix/advanced

Deleted
    So you have changed gems etc. Tell us yours results. Maybe compare numbers on dummies or fights like feng. (Crit vs Int build)
    From my experience i would say go crit. Moonkin sustain damage is not an issue, because we hit like truck. Problem starts whenever we need to move (and most of fights force us to do it) we dont have any alternative spell to fill that gap in rotation. Crit provide us more procs and that lead to quite nice amount of damage while moving.

It was a recent change so i havent got to test it much in raid but on target dummies the damage is so close to the crit build I cant really compare because alot of it is rng.
    Over 6 minutes both of them were near 95-102k depending on procs. These were done with flask and food and mark of the wild. However as movement can be punishing i dont find it too awful if you are just hitting lunar eclipse. Starfall, dots and maybe a ss proc or 2 is plenty of globals for me to move to where i need to be. I look forward to trying this int build out in raid next week.

* In my opinion i wouldn't find losing ~2% crit to be a game breaker for alot more int. I was just tired of gemming for pure crit sometimes and only seeing Starsurge crit 13% of the time or not even getting a proc during cds. I dislike rng gods and they dislike me.
    Last edited by mythiix; 2013-01-05 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mythiix View Post
    * In my opinion i wouldn't find losing ~2% crit to be a game breaker for alot more int. I was just tired of gemming for pure crit sometimes and only seeing Starsurge crit 13% of the time or not even getting a proc during cds. I dislike rng gods and they dislike me.
    Math is same for everyone, but still that can be frustrating when you can`t get proc for a while. Those 2% only look like small amount.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to get away from crit, since you have the 4set, I'd go for the 8089 haste breakpoint. I think it should be doable in your gear and it might actually be better than crit (that's my opinion) and is definitely better than int.

My armory

Just tried the haste build. Was just like the others at 95-102k. Funny thing is i felt like i got ALOT more ss procs with haste build than i did with crit.

Deleted
    With that breakpoint and 4pc you`ve earned 5 more ticks on dots.

I'm only 10/16H but from what i have progressed through i dont think a haste build is the right answer... I mean some of these fights you lose nature's grace due to boss mechanics. ie. lei shi. When you lose nature's grace we are losing alot. All of the haste breakpoints you have reached for are gone and your haste doesnt have as big of an effect then.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only 10/16H but from what i have progressed through i dont think a haste build is the right answer... I mean some of these fights you lose nature's grace due to boss mechanics. ie. lei shi. When you lose nature's grace we are losing alot. All of the haste breakpoints you have reached for are gone and your haste doesnt have as big of an effect then.
    Not entirely accurate, the non-NG 4pcT14 breakpoint lies around 5600 haste (not entirely sure where exactly), many people going full-crit don't reach that so you're still up a dot tick when NG drops off.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike rng gods and they dislike me.
    A couple of times I've gone entire sets of CA dots with Lei Shi buff + Lust + Berserking and not gotten a single SS proc. Sucks but it happens, not worth regearing over if you get screwed once or twice.

I'm prob going to wait for the head piece off the 2nd boss in hof to drop on heroic before i go for the 8089 haste breakpoint as right now i feel i am losing to much crit.