Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    In my opinion ever class should get soemthing similar to monks, with some basic skill learning, once a day xp boost, and teleport to their cool themed place.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Ravenholdt Manor could become a "rogue capital" with minor polishing.
    Good idea. It might demand at least the first part of the Rogue Legendary questline is dropped to avoid some goofy mechanical problems, but I think it could work out fairly well. As for other classes:

Shaman could have a little pocket of Deepholme or the Abyssal Maw as their area.

With the Kirin Tor abandoning their neutrality, Dalaran isn't really an option for the Mage's hub. Although maybe we could have a couple of Blue Dragons set up something in the Nexus. I know the Blues no longer exist as a coherent organization, but that doesn't mean a couple won't decide that forming a truly neutral organization for the study of magic is a good idea.

Priests and Paladins are pretty thematically similar and might end up sharing a hub, even if they do some different things when they actually get there. Maybe the Argent Crusade can set something up in the Lordaeron area, I believe there is a sliver of coastline on the northern that has yet to be made accessible... Obviously the cultural differences between certain races will have the be acknowledged, but that doesn't mean they couldn't all be in the same place at the same time.

With Warriors Blizzard will either have to create a completely new organization or just have faction specific hubs. Either way some sort of training ground placed pretty much anywhere there is room could work out.

Perhaps Hunters could have something with Nessingwary. An uninhabited island might do the trick here, such a post-eruption Lost Isles.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Raiding is used by a small fraction of the player-base. BGs are played by a fraction. Every piece of content is only played by a fraction, not the whole or even the large majority, except quests because they are near-mandatory.

Your entire argument just fell apart. I can see how you were hoping I wouldn't reply.
    Except the supposed "minute fractions" of the playerbase that play this content actually... PLAY IT.

Furthermore, I'm assuming that more people spend their time playing in BGs and doing raids, LFR, and dungeons than do sitting around in acherus staring at the walls.

So yeah, your entire argument... just fell apart. Maybe you shouldn't have responded.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think the popularity of Halfhill has taught us that players appreciate a home. I would be nice to have a racial home, a class home, and our own little place with the Tillers. All it would take is a portal which sends a player to their class' HQ.

Deleted
    would like if they added an isle thats only avaible for hunters, where you find a hunter lodge too find level spefic quest.

now the general area around the lodge should be low level with very generic beast running around.
    but every 5 levels there is a new quest that will phase you on the island and you will encounter beast of your level that you need too beat.
    several harder then normal mobs, and once you completed it you're able too see them as a rare spawn that you then can tame (these rare's can be seen by all hunters who compeleted the quest so there will be competition.) and low levels will no bump into far too dangerous beast like this.

prehaps there also can be some quest added that reward special ranged weapon skins (that or placing them on a vendor as rare sales or highed priced weapons)

It would make sense to have these little instanced class-homes if they intend to reintroduce class "quests" like monks have and some other methods to 'teach' players their class while they level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    First we should look at current "Class Capitals" in lore.

Dalaran = Mages - Kirin Tor
    Nighthaven = Druids - Cenarion Circle
    Acherus: The Ebon Hold = Death Knights - Knights of the Ebon Blade
    Peak of Serenity = monk
    Light's Hope Chapel = Paladins - Argent Dawn
    Ravenholdt = Rogues - Ravenholdt
    Shamen = Throne of the Elements - Earthen Ring

Then we look at a few racial hubs for other classes.

Priests:
    The Cathedral of Light = Human
    Mystic Ward = Dwarves
    Gnomeregan Medical Center (*hypothetical) = Gnomes
    The Temple of the Moon = Night Elf
    Valley of Spirits = Horde

Warrior = Every Faction Capital
    Warlock = None

People keep saying "Warlock: None" but there's a video on the front page of a place that would be very fitting once cleared out... although I suppose that'd only work with phasing at level 90 rather than for alts
    There are plenty of demonic shrines around the world that would work well enough though, almost anywhere in Blasted Lands would do.

Deleted
    Tbh if every class had its own capital, it would just make having one ''the norm''. I think I prefer having a ''secret class lair'' as a perk, rather than a right.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    I think the popularity of Halfhill has taught us that players appreciate a home. I would be nice to have a racial home, a class home, and our own little place with the Tillers. All it would take is a portal which sends a player to their class' HQ.
    *Most* races do have a home, it's called their home city and enclaves are divided up into classes. Look at Darnassus, Warrior's Terrace where warriors train, Cenarion Enclave were Druids, Rogues and Hunters train, Temple of the Moon and the Temple Grounds where Priests and Mages train. Darnassus isn't unique, SW, Orgrimmar, Silvermoon, even Thunder Bluff are set up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Or they could do things over time and not just in one big expansion. If this Warlock island is a sanctuary to for warlocks I suspect more class specific things will come.
    Doesn't matter if they roll it out all at once or one class at a time, developing a city for each class for the soul reason of making leveling faster is a waste of development's time.

They could just have each trainer in the major cities offer a daily that gives you an XP buff, you don't need a whole city for that. There's no need to waste the resources creating, structuring and skinning a city for a few leveling blues and an XP buff.

11 classes, 8 don't have cities. I'd rather them not make 8 more cities and instead have them make 100 new battle pets; or 8 new dungeons.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

I dont even really see it as a 'capital', rather as a 'training grounds' for that class.

Just a place where they can offer a daily quest to teach newer players how to use various class abilities.
    A place where you can buy some rare transmog pieces that are unique to that class.
    A way to teleport to the location to give that class the benefit of easy access to the zone its in.
    And then they can add things like RP events like in Ebon Hold where the teachers show off various abilities that they dont practice in the daily quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    First we should look at current "Class Capitals" in lore.

Dalaran = Mages - Kirin Tor
    Nighthaven = Druids - Cenarion Circle
    Acherus: The Ebon Hold = Death Knights - Knights of the Ebon Blade
    Peak of Serenity = monk
    Light's Hope Chapel = Paladins - Argent Dawn
    Ravenholdt = Rogues - Ravenholdt
    Shamen = Throne of the Elements - Earthen Ring

Then we look at a few racial hubs for other classes.

Priests:
    The Cathedral of Light = Human
    Mystic Ward = Dwarves
    Gnomeregan Medical Center (*hypothetical) = Gnomes
    The Temple of the Moon = Night Elf
    Valley of Spirits = Horde

Warrior = Every Faction Capital
    Warlock = None
    Warlocks, at least, Alliance Warlocks, have a creepy abandoned cellar and catacombs basement for them to dink around in in the mage district. It's as much as a "class capital" is for "Every capital is a warrior capital"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    I dont even really see it as a 'capital', rather as a 'training grounds' for that class.

Just a place where they can offer a daily quest to teach newer players how to use various class abilities.
    A place where you can buy some rare transmog pieces that are unique to that class.
    A way to teleport to the location to give that class the benefit of easy access to the zone its in.
    And then they can add things like RP events like in Ebon Hold where the teachers show off various abilities that they dont practice in the daily quests.
    This is exactly how I would want it. I love this idea. ^^
    Pretty much the same as what the Peak of Serenity is for. Sadly I don't think it'll happen, because as people have previously said, it's wasted development time. Unless enough want it ofc then they might consider it.

Deleted
    Throne of Elementals = Shammy
    Dalaran = Mage
    DK starting area = DK
    Hearthglen = Pally
    Ravenholdt = Rogue
    Moonglade = Druid
    Monk temple = Monk
    Church in SW = Priest

Would go something like that IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay! More empty places filled with trash vendors and now-obsolete class trainers!

City? No. Smallish hub with lots of lore about your class? Sure, would be cool.

Also, wtb troll city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind seeing something like Acherus for everybody. But making them relevant and stuffing them with enough quests and NPCs that are all class specific would be quite the undertaking, never mind the fact that it would split up the player base quite a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Church in SW = Priest

Would go something like that IMO.
    This is an example as to why they shouldn't ever go through with this. It disregards the fact that a whole lot of races' Priests and Priestesses have nothing to do with humans and the Light...

10+ Year Old Account
    A nice idea OP, but personally WoW's world is too small for that in my opinion. Personally if they do a WoW 2 and make the world revamped x2 the size then I'll be all for it.