Poll: Favorite feature-length film from Quentin

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Post [Movies] Favorite film from Quentin Tarantino?

Just watched Django Unchained for the second time. Better than the first time.
    Definitely one of the most entertaining movies of 2012 and proves Quentin is a legendary director, always topping himself. His filmography is just incredible so I wanted to see what's your favorite Quentin film? Do people still prefer his originals or maybe one if his recents?

[Only his FULL RUNNING feature-length films are included in the poll.]
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2013-01-07 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    I voted Pulp Fiction. Only seen 50% of the movies listed though

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    I voted Pulp Fiction. Only seen 50% of the movies listed though
    gasp
    you're missing out on 50% of your life.

The basterds!

Never been a huge fan of pulp fiction tho, and reservoir dog's vocabulary consisted mainly of "fuck".
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Pulp Fiction for sure.

Not really a Tarantino fan myself, I thought the Kill Bill movies were terrible and never understood the hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inglourious Bastards > Reservoir Dogs > Pulp Fiction

You forgot to add Deathproof to the poll.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    'A royale with cheese...' Need I say more?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    And True Romance, which is by far is most underrated film to be honest. Jackie Brown was awesome in it's own way too. Pulp Fiction was awesome, but Reservoir Dogs was just completely fucked up, and my favourite to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I stated I was only including feature-length films 90mn+, that's why i left out death proof and four rooms, which are both anthologies, since they can be considered part of his short films categories

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And True Romance, which is by far is most underrated film to be honest. Jackie Brown was awesome in it's own way too. Pulp Fiction was awesome, but Reservoir Dogs was just completely fucked up, and my favourite to be honest.
    left that out because he only has writing credit and none of his original team that usually works with him were on the project either
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2013-01-05 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    gasp
    you're missing out on 50% of your life.
    I actually think Tarantino is pretty meh.

I have mixed feelings about Quentin Tarantino. Absolutely loved Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs or Inglorious Bastards.... but the Kill Bill movies are horrendous to me. I understand their 'purpose', or the 'homage'... i just dislike them very much. Very much.

Haven't seen Django Unchained yet, hoping its a good one

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to vote for the Kill Bills because it was the first Tarantino movie that I saw. It took me a while until I actually saw it because I thought it was just some stupid over hyped kung fu movie or some shit LOL.... Good lord was I wrong!!!

I voted for Pulp Fiction because after I saw it on blu ray for the first time I felt so depressed and it was if that every other movie out there was just pure garbage and that I will never get the feeling and excitement from watching it for the first time ever again! I then watched every other movie he made and IMHO they are all equally excellent i their own way. I'm sure I will feel the same way about Django Unchained..... But too bad IT'S NOT PLAYING HERE IN MY CITY /WRISTS *sigh*
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2013-01-05 at 11:10 PM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

15+ Year Old Account
    Kill Bill 1 is arguably my favorite movie of all time. Pulp Fiction is a "better movie" but KB1 is just so much fucking fun. I feel the same way after seeing Django yesterday. Good lord that movie was entertaining throughout. Django is going to be one of those movies I have to watch every single time I come across it on TV just like KB1 is. Not that Django will ever see non-HBO television play although the amount of dubbed over words would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Quentin Tarantino. Absolutely loved Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs or Inglorious Bastards.... but the Kill Bill movies are horrendous to me. I understand their 'purpose', or the 'homage'... i just dislike them very much. Very much.

Haven't seen Django Unchained yet, hoping its a good one
    The purpose of the Kill Bill movies is in the "Tarantino universe"
    Watch Pulp Fiction and listen to what Uma Thurman sais to John Travolta in the diner about the TV show she was going to be in, then think about the characters in Kill Bill. Then google Tarantino universe and enjoy.

"You can extrapolate this further when you realize that Tarantino's movies are technically two universes - he's gone on record as saying that Kill Bill and From Dusk 'Til Dawn take place in a 'movie movie universe'; that is, they're movies that characters from the Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, True Romance, and Death Proof universe would go to see in theaters. (Kill Bill, after all, is basically Fox Force Five, right on down to Mia Wallace playing the title role.)"

(http://www.cracked.com/article_19323...wing-ways.html Has a pretty decent run down of it, but you can go much deeper if you look around)

I have yet to see Django Unchained, but apparently they smoke Red Apple cigarettes which is one of the brands/companies Tarantino uses throughout most of his movies.
    Last edited by Smeeh; 2013-01-05 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    I love Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction a lot but I watched Kill Bill first and I fell in love with it, and let's not forget, Uma Thurman is in there.

I know that Pulp has her too but KB all the way. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Not that Django will ever see non-HBO television play although the amount of dubbed over words would be incredible.
    Little off-topic but...

HBO will probably be the only way it will be on TV. Once again people are mad at Quentin because he has used the word nigger in his movies again and that the only reason why he is is for shock value....... Makes me want to drive my palm into my skull. Some people have even threatened to beat the shit out of Quentin because it was used so much in Django... Don't blame Quentin for wanting a movie to be as real as it can get in a movie (for theme and setting) Blame the way that people acted towards slaves years ago. Some people really need to stop getting offended over such stupid things.
    Last edited by Fitzgerald77; 2013-01-05 at 11:32 PM.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Kill Bill 1 is arguably my favorite movie of all time. Pulp Fiction is a "better movie" but KB1 is just so much fucking fun. I feel the same way after seeing Django yesterday. Good lord that movie was entertaining throughout. Django is going to be one of those movies I have to watch every single time I come across it on TV just like KB1 is. Not that Django will ever see non-HBO television play although the amount of dubbed over words would be incredible.
    I have faith it will be aired on tv, since walking dead has broke record, they'll probably dubb them saying nigerian or something wacky
    "Whats a nigerian doing on that horse?!"

I love all of Tarantino's films, but my favorite is Pulp Fiction. Django Unchained took 2nd place though and is dangerously close to Pulp Fiction in terms of how much I enjoyed them. It was a really great movie, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    SPOILERS, DON'T READ ON IF YOU'VE... I DUNNO BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK OR SOMETHING AND HAVEN'T SEEN EITHER PULP FICTION OR KILL BILL VOL 1&2

Not seen Django unchained yet, but tbh I doubt it'll change much I LOVE Pulp Fiction.

Kill Bill 1&2 comes close, mostly because of KB2 tbh freaking LOVE that film, the whole section at the end with Bill and The Bride is script writing at it's finest:

Bill: Pai Mei taught you the five-point-palm-exploding-heart technique?
    The Bride: Of course he did.
    Bill: Why didn't you tell me?
    The Bride: I don't know … because I'm a bad person.
    Bill: No. You're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person. But every once in a while, you can be a real cunt.
    [The Bride laughs]
    Bill: How do I look?
    The Bride: You look ready.

How can you NOT love that scene?

Now I know what you're thinking... But Gallahadd, I thought you said Pulp Fiction was your favourite, why are you going on about KB2?

Good question! The answer is, I was setting a precedent.

The reason I love Pulp Fiction? See that amazing quote above? probably one of the standout lines of the film..

well the whole fucking SCRIPT of Pulp Fiction is like that. Seriously, I've never seen a film with such a quoteable script (except maybe Lock, Stock and two smoking Barrels). EVERY scene has at least one line you want to commit to your memory FOREVER. Every scene has a line that makes you think "Why am I not badass enough to deliver a line like that?"

Some of my favourites:

the whole "Foot Massage" talk I wont copy the whole thing, it's too long and too rude but it's easy to find.

The FIRST freaking scene with Honey Bunny and Pumpkin.

Marsellus: I'm prepared to scour the the Earth for that motherfucker. If Butch goes to Indochina, I want a n***** waiting in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his ass.

Jules Winfields "Bad Mother Fucker" wallet scene. I actually have that wallet now! not the real one of course, but a passable copy

The Wolf: You guys look like... What do they look like, Jimmie?
    Jimmie: Dorks. They look like a couple of dorks.
    Jules: Ha-ha-ha. They're your clothes, motherfucker.

Do I even need to say... Ezekial 25:17?

Shit I could go on... I might as well just copy the whole script
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30