Thread: <3 Ghostcrawler

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  2. #62

  3. #63
    Two thumbs up for Ghostcrawler from me I completely respect him for what he has accomplished, and am thankful for what he has done for WOW.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Say im sorry for making a dumb arguement that doesnt help to the whole community.

  5. #65
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Apologize for fucking with a guy who is providing one of the only direct lines of communication to the WoW devs? No one important reads the WoW forums apart from CM's and such, lets not lose this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

  6. #66
    GC the one and only..... he should probably spend less time on twitter and more time focusing on what he gets paid to do. crappily dev a game. dude needs to be fired, or beheaded or fired then beheaded.

  7. #67
    GC is the best thing that happened to WoW, ever. I started playing in Vanilla (AQ patch) and since GC is in the dev team, this game has seen a clear improvement.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

  8. #68
    I approve of this thread.
    I seldom find a need to post or comment when I'm pretty happy with the game and its state. Mostly I stick to subscribing as a token of approval, and I guess there are a few more like me around. I follow the notes, the forum posts and tweets, mostly for the laugh, but also because it is a good service. It's quite informative and perhaps unique aswell to have such a direct link between devs and playerbase.

    Only improvement would be to have todays top GC tweet as a new login "tip".

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    In all honesty, if you are going to get messed up on his wording, which I'm sure he knows is wrong, then you are just being childish and wanting to argue about something. Obviously not EVERY single hybrid was forced to heal, but speaking as someone who played a druid in MC and didn't want to heal but was not very viable for me to go Balance which was horrid at that time, I can say that his statement was pretty accurate and while he shouldn't have said all, he was making a generalization on twitter.....

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 08:11 PM ----------



    Yeah. I don't mean to use "overwhelming" to mean a super majority or anything. Usually it just means a lot of strong feedback. -Ghostcrawler

    There, will that shut you up about using the term "overwhelming feedback" in everything you've posted in this thread?
    How does one determine the strength of feedback? Obviously it's at least in part in numbers...

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 04:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    As much as I can appreciate and understand the sentiment, I would not like to see this twitter feed with GC go away. As much as I disagree with him I do enjoy the conversation and I know he appreciates the feedback. It's a good tool for them and I hope he continues to do it.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If even one person did not heal (such as myself who tanked) then it is false. That's how absolute statements work.
    maybe u were just doing it wrong.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

  11. #71
    The Patient stigz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Ghostcrawler has to deal with passive/aggressive angry nerds. There is no way possible to come away from that unscathed. He could send every player in wow a check for a million dollars, and people would bitch that they can't cash it because they don't have a checking account, and demand cash instead. And then call him an asshole.
    Rofl, yes. Win. The epitome of WoW.

  12. #72
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    How does one determine the strength of feedback? Obviously it's at least in part in numbers...
    Numbers have nothing to do with whether or not feedback is factual & correct or not. If one person posts concise and factual feedback that Mages are underpowered in PvP, even if the whole rest of the forum population disagrees with him, Blizzard will side with the position that makes the better argument. They do not care what you think your friends, your guild, or your server's position in a topic is. They only want to see fact-based feedback.

    Fictitious, Made-Up Example:
    Good Feedback: Mages are OP because Shatter combos can easily global a player when gear levels are equal, no odd buffs/debuffs are present like Bloodlust, Berserking, or the FC damage debuff, and are nearly impossible to counter.
    Bad Feedback: Every 2.2k+ rated player on my server has said that Mages are OP because of retarded Shatter combos.

    Get what he means?
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  13. #73
    Good job to GC. He takes way too much shit from the community full of ungrateful brats. They make a really stellar game that's been the most successul mmorpg in the world and even though it's not perfect, nothing is. They don't have to hear the QQ from all the kids who play. Most of those kids complaining wouldn't even have the balls to get out from behind their computer screens and say it to his face anyway.

  14. #74
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    "I'm sorry for being an ass."?
    "You win."?
    "Thank you for responding."?
    "This whole time I've been trolling."?

    Those are my suggestions.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    le sigh, it kills me that stuff that doesn't deserve a response gets a response.
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  16. #76
    I wouldn't want GC's job. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

  17. #77
    Elemental Lord Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    8,079
    I love Ghostcrawler. I will take his job one day though.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  18. #78
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,953
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Say im sorry for making a dumb arguement that doesnt help to the whole community.
    Agree with this, its a pointless arguement hes making with ghostcrawler.

    I read alot of Ghostcrawler's tweets and I give props to the guy, I honestly would of snapped by now if I was in his shoes.

    Sometimes I wonder if its really people who actually play that are so arrogant to GC and think they know whats better for the majority of the WoW or just themselves or hoping for something to destroy the game from the inside. I see alot of complaining and most of those people just want stuff better for themselves not anyone else.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-01-06 at 08:14 AM.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    Numbers have nothing to do with whether or not feedback is factual & correct or not. If one person posts concise and factual feedback that Mages are underpowered in PvP, even if the whole rest of the forum population disagrees with him, Blizzard will side with the position that makes the better argument. They do not care what you think your friends, your guild, or your server's position in a topic is. They only want to see fact-based feedback.

    Fictitious, Made-Up Example:
    Good Feedback: Mages are OP because Shatter combos can easily global a player when gear levels are equal, no odd buffs/debuffs are present like Bloodlust, Berserking, or the FC damage debuff, and are nearly impossible to counter.
    Bad Feedback: Every 2.2k+ rated player on my server has said that Mages are OP because of retarded Shatter combos.

    Get what he means?
    I understand completely however if lots of people leave the game because of a particular system or implementation is that not feedback as well? We don't like X, and 4 million people leave because of X for example. Let's put it to you this way. From what I've read Ghostcrawler is not terrible found of flying mounts. In fact their was a dev post some time back and they said the biggest single mistake they made was introducing arena into the game. Okay so if they are solely designing systems around what they think is correct and not majority feedback or taking into consideration numbers at all, why don't they simple get rid of those systems?

  20. #80
    Ghostcrawler is a cool guy, just bombarded by angry people who think they know what is best for the game

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •