Thread: <3 Ghostcrawler

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    The Lightbringer Simulacrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    You "forgot" to post the follow-up: "Context FTW. We don't care if a "silent majority" agrees with you. We care about the strength of your argument or feedback."
    Ironic, considering they don't exactly rarely justify ignoring significant negative feedback as unrepreesntative, in the name of the silent majority ('oh, all this negativity on the forums is totally unrepresentative of how all those people who are playing and enjoying the game without saying anything feel'). Someone who holds themselves to different standards than they hold others is not someone who deserves to be lavished with praise if you ask me... even if it is in short-hand over twitter.
    Dr Johnson, they said: “we are delighted to find that you’ve not included any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary.”
    “Ladies, said dr Johnson, “I can congratulate you on being able to look them up.”

  2. #82
    Herald of the Titans Pancaspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,645
    GC is my hero. He is the best thing Blizzard has going for them.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    GC is my hero. He is the best thing Blizzard has going for them.
    He is a complete failure. His answer to every problem is "remove it". Defense ratings, Talent points, Arm pen, Resistances and many more were removed just, because he was unable to balance them. My last point still stands, I had a whole evening and instead of playing wow i sat AFK in Dalaran and tweeted instead. The game is not fun or interesting anymore, hasn't been since he got hired.

  4. #84
    Pit Lord Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching
    Posts
    2,401
    GC should be fired, a long with the majority of the developers, and if the next report shows WoW going south of 10 million subs, they might want to retire early or polish of their resumes.



    GC has a complete and utter contempt for people who have valid critics, regardless to if they express themselves the way he feels they should, and the people who support this man and his utter nonsense, are mostly imo to blame for the decline in the over all game and the performance most come to expect.



    GC isn't Howard Stern, or some Host, he is a game developer responsible for creating a product the majority want to go out and purchase or pay for download, his attitude, along with everybody at Blizzard and their STICK IT TO the people, is eactly the WRONG kind of attitude to have for ANY business. Unless he plans to turn WoW into another EVE online and to that i say GO FOR IT, you and GC will find our very quickly how much you CAN'T do now that you have disrespected and drove away those bringing the kind of revenue that even allows for Blizzard to have access to realise what they do.



    All the way around GC and Blizzard/Activision's attitudes are a big reason i completly have sworn off any prouducts with their name on it.

  5. #85
    What I find funny is that so many people want to see GC fired, yet they rarely even know what decisions he actually makes, which arguments he makes during internal design debates, etc.. The WoW team is huge and has more than 1 designer. GC is just the guy telling us what the COLLECTIVE thinks and why the COLLECTIVE made certain changes. Yet some nerds on the internetz think he should be fired because he destroyed their class/raiding/whatever. I respect him for being able to put up with that.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2013-01-06 at 09:58 AM.

  6. #86
    If you love Ghostcrawler, then why not show your appreciation by writing him an Ode?

  7. #87
    I have to say that i don't like GC as a Lead Dev due to the decisions he made with WoW. Kudo's to him but putting up with the internet but.

  8. #88
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    GC should be fired, a long with the majority of the developers, and if the next report shows WoW going south of 10 million subs, they might want to retire early or polish of their resumes.
    So the entire development team should be fired because you don't like the game while 10 million other people are enjoying it?

    Let's use this stupid logic in other businesses!
    I don't like Samsung-phones, let's fire their entire development team.
    I don't like most car-branches, let's fire their entire team!
    I really don't enjoy Pepsi, so let's fire their department.
    If they'd fire the entire team for each product I do not enjoy, than millions of people would be unemployed.

    Do you see how stupid it is what you are saying?

    GC has a complete and utter contempt for people who have valid critics, regardless to if they express themselves the way he feels they should, and the people who support this man and his utter nonsense, are mostly imo to blame for the decline in the over all game and the performance most come to expect.
    What decline in the game?
    And could you please point out the valid critics? Because I'm not seeing those on Twitter.
    And the validation of the feedback hardly matters on how he responds.
    If someone has a bad point or a good point, he reacts normally. He has 'utter contempt' when people are acting like retards.

    GC isn't Howard Stern, or some Host, he is a game developer responsible for creating a product the majority want to go out and purchase or pay for download, his attitude, along with everybody at Blizzard and their STICK IT TO the people, is eactly the WRONG kind of attitude to have for ANY business. Unless he plans to turn WoW into another EVE online and to that i say GO FOR IT, you and GC will find our very quickly how much you CAN'T do now that you have disrespected and drove away those bringing the kind of revenue that even allows for Blizzard to have access to realise what they do.
    Yes, only on MMO-C can we see some random-loser-internet-heroes telling billion-dollar companies on how to run a business! It's hilarious and pathetic.

    All the way around GC and Blizzard/Activision's attitudes are a big reason i completly have sworn off any prouducts with their name on it.
    I am sure that they are crying themselves to sleep every night now you aren't playing anymore.
    Oooh, what's that? They don't give a fuck? Yeah, that's right.. They get 10 happy people every time they drive a troll like you away.

    And yes, I will probably get infracted for raging at you and calling you a troll.
    But it's 100% worth it, someone needs to speak up to all those "FIRE EVERYONE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT!"-retards.

    Infracted. Please do not insult other forum posters.
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2013-01-06 at 02:37 PM.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And yes, I will probably get infracted for raging at you and calling you a troll.
    But it's 100% worth it, someone needs to speak up to all those "FIRE EVERYONE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT!"-retards.
    you are my hero of the day.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 11:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    All the way around GC and Blizzard/Activision's attitudes are a big reason i completly have sworn off any prouducts with their name on it.
    No you havent. You're still here. If you really felt this way, you wouldnt even go to a WoW site anymore.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    It's nice to see that this arguement has come full circle. Anyways, the fact that your friends only know 12 year old horde players just shows your friends hang out with 12 year olds a lot. It doesn't make it fact unless your friends know the age of every horde player out there.
    woooosh right over your head buddy

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 01:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    GC should be fired, a long with the majority of the developers, and if the next report shows WoW going south of 10 million subs, they might want to retire early or polish of their resumes.



    GC has a complete and utter contempt for people who have valid critics, regardless to if they express themselves the way he feels they should, and the people who support this man and his utter nonsense, are mostly imo to blame for the decline in the over all game and the performance most come to expect.



    GC isn't Howard Stern, or some Host, he is a game developer responsible for creating a product the majority want to go out and purchase or pay for download, his attitude, along with everybody at Blizzard and their STICK IT TO the people, is eactly the WRONG kind of attitude to have for ANY business. Unless he plans to turn WoW into another EVE online and to that i say GO FOR IT, you and GC will find our very quickly how much you CAN'T do now that you have disrespected and drove away those bringing the kind of revenue that even allows for Blizzard to have access to realise what they do.



    All the way around GC and Blizzard/Activision's attitudes are a big reason i completly have sworn off any prouducts with their name on it.
    what are you mambling about? who was driven away by blizz? the biggest subscription based mmo still way ahead of everything else on the marked isn´t a fail, for you maybe, but for a cool 10 mill it isn´t

    oh and your last scentence is pure gold, thank you
    you´re a crusader aren´t you?
    secretly gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Remember, a firearm homicide is not always firearm violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem;
    And, firearm violence is not always a firearm homicide.

  11. #91
    Pit Lord Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching
    Posts
    2,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So the entire development team should be fired because you don't like the game while 10 million other people are enjoying it?

    Let's use this stupid logic in other businesses!
    I don't like Samsung-phones, let's fire their entire development team.
    I don't like most car-branches, let's fire their entire team!
    I really don't enjoy Pepsi, so let's fire their department.
    If they'd fire the entire team for each product I do not enjoy, than millions of people would be unemployed.

    Do you see how stupid it is what you are saying?


    Samsung doesn't have its developers make twitter accounts where they completly side step critics or treat them with contempt or distain, it doesn't matter if YOU specifically appreciate their contribution. It has nothing to do with liking the color of this guys shirt, or his politics or personal opinions, It has to do with his complete and total disregard for customers which you seem to embrace. I am not sure exactly if you have any slight clue about how business works.


    And the fact you blindly stick up for a company that has a lead developer disrespecting customers, leads me to believe, you aren't really in the position to call anybody stupid.




    What decline in the game?
    And could you please point out the valid critics? Because I'm not seeing those on Twitter.
    And the validation of the feedback hardly matters on how he responds.
    If someone has a bad point or a good point, he reacts normally. He has 'utter contempt' when people are acting like retards.
    I don't need to point you to anything other than their 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter subscriber base dropping. If you need to find sources for that might i suggest bloomberg.

    It doesn't matter if the customers you refer to as retards, are indeed that or not, the fact is he is like anybody else a representation of blizzard as a whole company, when he acts the way he does, he basically speaks for everybody, whether he works in customer service or not, the fact is those "retards" pay a lot of honest money or could be potential customers, treating them as you point out with "Utter contempt" is my point.


    Yes, only on MMO-C can we see some random-loser-internet-heroes telling billion-dollar companies on how to run a business! It's hilarious and pathetic.
    Well i suppose your entire response to me is telling enough, considering sharing an opinion you don't agree with qualifies as being a "retard" or a "loser". Billion dollar companys go bankrupt often, and useally steming from the same lack of respect for where their product comes from and how it relates to the customer.


    I am sure that they are crying themselves to sleep every night now you aren't playing anymore.
    Oooh, what's that? They don't give a fuck? Yeah, that's right.. They get 10 happy people every time they drive a troll like you away.
    The only people your kind of attitude feeds are trolls, just because others have uninformed opinions or not, doesn't make them trolls, and expressing them the best they can't doesn't merit they are deserving to be treated like dirt.

    And yes, I will probably get infracted for raging at you and calling you a troll.
    But it's 100% worth it, someone needs to speak up to all those "FIRE EVERYONE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT!"-retards.


    Well if you are speaking upf for Ghostcrawler you aren't actually helping the situation. As for coming to MMO-C they provide more than just a forum for WoW or Blizzard.



    Come next quarter we will see how cool GC attitude works to the help bring subscribers back.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 12:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    woooosh right over your head buddy

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 01:04 PM ----------



    what are you mambling about? who was driven away by blizz? the biggest subscription based mmo still way ahead of everything else on the marked isn´t a fail, for you maybe, but for a cool 10 mill it isn´t

    oh and your last scentence is pure gold, thank you
    you´re a crusader aren´t you?

    I am not speaking on behalf of anybody other than those i know of and the results of how WoW has been in decline. GC attitude while might seem cool to you, maybe not so much when it effects their bottom line and some very decent people indeed wind up losing their jobs over it, because Blizzard can't cover their cost to losing revenue.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So the entire development team should be fired because you don't like the game while 10 million other people are enjoying it?
    This is exactly the argument you can read on these forums by 20-30 people (who call themselves a majority), they don't like it, and since they are so special that their opinion rules all others, they can't even phantom the idea that 10 million people to like it, and the fact that they don't is only relevant for themselves, not anyone else.

    They all have also quit the game, and don't care bout Blizzard anymore, that's why they go around with their wow signatures, and updates armories while posting on every wow thread they find, like they're stalking an EX that moved on, but they just can't accept that the EX is not crying to have them back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I am not speaking on behalf of anybody other than those i know of and the results of how WoW has been in decline. GC attitude while might seem cool to you, maybe not so much when it effects their bottom line and some very decent people indeed wind up losing their jobs over it, because Blizzard can't cover their cost to losing revenue.
    AFAIK, and I might be wrong, but ActivisionBlizzard had it's best quarter in the end of 2012, they're not losing revenue at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

  13. #93
    Immortal Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I think hes a complete failure. His answer to every problem is "remove it". Defense ratings, Talent points, Arm pen, Resistances and many more were removed just, because he was unable to balance them. My last point still stands, I had a whole evening and instead of playing wow i sat AFK in Dalaran and tweeted instead. The game is not fun or interesting anymore, hasn't been since he got hired.
    Fixed it for you

    You should quit the game if it aint fun for you, As its still fun for 10 Million people, apprently everyone thinks they have a degree in game development and knows whats better for themselves instead for the game as a whole.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-01-06 at 01:27 PM.

  14. #94
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    If you love Ghostcrawler, then why not show your appreciation by writing him an Ode?
    If you hate Ghostcrawler, why not quit the game and any and all forums where his name might pop up?

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you hate Ghostcrawler, why not quit the game and any and all forums where his name might pop up?
    Ghostcrawler =/= Warcraft. He needs to know that he is hurting a game/franchize many of us have loved for over a decade. He needs to go, not us.

  16. #96
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I understand completely however if lots of people leave the game because of a particular system or implementation is that not feedback as well? We don't like X, and 4 million people leave because of X for example. Let's put it to you this way. From what I've read Ghostcrawler is not terrible found of flying mounts. In fact their was a dev post some time back and they said the biggest single mistake they made was introducing arena into the game. Okay so if they are solely designing systems around what they think is correct and not majority feedback or taking into consideration numbers at all, why don't they simple get rid of those systems?
    Ghostcrawler's distaste/aversion towards flying mounts has absolutely no nearly on whether or not flying mounts are good for the game. Same with Arenas; I'm sure I could sift through the Blizzard WoW devs and find at least one who thinks Arenas are good for the game and deserve to have developer time spent improving them.

    You are completely missing the point to what I'm saying: WoW isn't held hostage to anyone's opinion, whether they be multiple R1 Glads, LFR heroes, Ghostcrawler, you, I, or Swifty. Changes in wow are based upon the potential benefits to the game they will provide. Obviously removing Arenas and Flying Mounts would hurt the state of the game, not sure why you even used them as examples.

    Blizzard will make the right choice for the good of the game itself. Just because Dev X doesn't like a particular system doesn't make it a candidate for removal. Also: THEY DO TAKE NUMBERS INTO CONSIDERATION. Where do you think they get the info necessary to make nerfs/buffs from? Do you think a company as successful as Blizzard doesn't bother to track statistics? I guarantee you somebody at Blizz has access to the exact number of Holy Priests who killed LFR Sha of Fear on Christmas Eve between the hours of 8pm and midnight pacific time.

    Also, I guarantee you majority feedback has nowhere near the poignancy of good feedback made by one person. Do you think if every single player was polled on their opinion of whether or not Frost Mages should be merged in PvP, that most would say they need to be nerfed? I imagine 75% of people would say yes. Wanna know why, after a poll like that, Blizz wouldnt let it influence their feelings of Mages in PvP? Because the majority has no fucking idea what is good for the game, that's why.

    If 4 million people quit the game tomorrow because they cant stand Frost Mages being at a balanced state in PvP, I would argue that the game is now a much healthier and positive environment.
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2013-01-06 at 01:47 PM.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  17. #97
    Immortal Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Ghostcrawler =/= Warcraft. He needs to know that he is hurting a game/franchize many of us have loved for over a decade. He needs to go, not us.
    Nah the whinners need to go, there the plague thats ruining the game not Ghostcrawler.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Ghostcrawler =/= Warcraft. He needs to know that he is hurting a game/franchize many of us have loved for over a decade. He needs to go, not us.
    I'd rather you go and him stay, so I guess it's a tie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

  19. #99
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Ghostcrawler =/= Warcraft. He needs to know that he is hurting a game/franchize many of us have loved for over a decade. He needs to go, not us.
    I wonder who Blizz gives more fucks about, your and my happiness or their lead systems designer's happiness. Surely they don't pay him tens of thousands of dollars a year as a bribe to get him to keep coming into the office, no?

    Your self-entitlement is only exceeded by you lack of empathy.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 07:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    He is a complete failure. His answer to every problem is "remove it". Defense ratings, Talent points, Arm pen, Resistances and many more were removed just, because he was unable to balance them. My last point still stands, I had a whole evening and instead of playing wow i sat AFK in Dalaran and tweeted instead. The game is not fun or interesting anymore, hasn't been since he got hired.
    Just so you know, GC doesn't get paid to tweet the community. He logs onto twitter daily, proceeds to receive fuckloads of bullshit "feedback" and insults, tries to explain design decisions, and all the while just getting hammered for whatever shit some self-entitled crusader believes is the absolute worst change that's ever happened in the history of WoW.

    it's telling that he had to reiterate the fact that good feedback consists of truth, not "omg GC my friends all agree with me why wont you listen to us".
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  20. #100
    Immortal Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,969
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I wonder who Blizz gives more fucks about, your and my happiness or their lead systems designer's happiness. Surely they don't pay him tens of thousands of dollars a year as a bribe to get him to keep coming into the office, no?

    Your self-entitlement is only exceeded by you lack of empathy.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 07:42 AM ----------



    Just so you know, GC doesn't get paid to tweet the community. He logs onto twitter daily, proceeds to receive fuckloads of bullshit "feedback" and insults, tries to explain design decisions, and all the while just getting hammered for whatever shit some self-entitled crusader believes is the absolute worst change that's ever happened in the history of WoW.

    it's telling that he had to reiterate the fact that good feedback consists of truth, not "omg GC my friends all agree with me why wont you listen to us".
    Amen good sir,

    Once those whinners leave WoW maybe the game will get decent feedback as all they get is " I want the game my way & only my way no one else matters, the game sucks when my class isn't the overpowered one". Thats all i see when I read the feedback.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-01-06 at 01:48 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •