Thread: <3 Ghostcrawler

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    But we are their bosses not the other way around, and if the customers whether you agree with them or you don't keep treating them like crap and of course people may stick around for WOW for the reasons i have given, but posion the water enough i is going to effect your bottom line as it is with blizzard.
    You're on of the funniest guys in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Because he ruined them, same as he is doing with WoW. he came around late 2008 and the first thing he did was TotC. He and the blind fanboys need to quit before they ruin the game.
    Again, you need to quit, the game is fine, so are the devs. You however, should quit to show how much you disagree with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

  2. #142
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    13,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I was here before him and i will be here long after he is fired.
    It's safe to say that WoW is beyond it's zenith. There may be a couple more expansions, maybe. Also a little bit depending on how the industry moves in regards of technology and entertainment..
    I'm pretty sure that he will not get fired. He'd rather relocate internally to other projects that are catered to the newer tech abilities.
    The times for keyboard and mouse entry games headed towards their end. Sure, it's still ways to go to get there... But with new tech, customer behavior changes towards that. At some point in the near future people will turn to that new tech, and it results in declining subs. Not because WoW is bad, but because it's old.
    And WoW is too big of a monster, to keep it profitable with only 1 or 2 mio. on subs remaining.

  3. #143
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I was here before him and i will be here long after he is fired.
    Keep dreaming.

  4. #144
    Herald of the Titans Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Aah yes, and what billion dollar company are you CEO of?

    I don't have to be, this isn't rocket science, it's a business like anything else, and if you know anything about that, you know that people and customers base make up that business or you don't have a business.


    So that's what you call overly emotional?
    How do you call it when you want the entire development team fired because they don't do exactly as you want?
    I call it a prudent response since the development team seems to be all in one of the same kind of attitude


    No, a lack of growth is only bad when you bring out an entire new product.
    Expansions are made to keep as much players as possible paying your monthly fee.
    That is basic gaming-industry.
    Business is always about growth. that is pretty much 101.


    If someone calls me at my work and tells us that our entire team should be fired because we are "ruining the company" then I'll laugh at them, call them an idiot and hang up.
    And my boss would fully support that.
    I hope you are kidding, because this sounds pretty unbelievable. No business or company i know of would ever tolerate that sort of nonsense. A professional would maybe seek to find out what their problem was, and if there was anything they could do to help, if they couldn't or were being abused, they would end the call.


    I suggest you actually run this scenario by your boss before you try it and if they would give you their blessing, then you are made for each other.


    And if the people deserve that because they are being rude and insulting?
    It's clear that most people support comments like that.


    No, nobody deserves to be abused, and to defend that kind of behavior in defense of more bad behavior is a clear sign of immaturity. Everybody has good days and bad days, GC isn't expected to be perfect, but he is expected to be professional.

  5. #145
    I just have to say, it would be incredibly funny to see what WoW would become if the haters who say GC should be fired got hired to do his job. I know I would have some big laughs.

    It's amazing how blind those people are to how the game has improved under him. I guess people will always antagonize and find scapegoats for their frustrations in the game. At least it's wonderful that GC has a really thick skin and seems to know how to handle those people, for the most part.

  6. #146
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I don't have to be, this isn't rocket science, it's a business like anything else, and if you know anything about that, you know that people and customers base make up that business or you don't have a business.
    No, it's brain surgery.. Because you really don't get it!
    There is a difference between 'customers' and 'insulting brats'.

    I call it a prudent response since the development team seems to be all in one of the same kind of attitude
    And there is nothing wrong with that attitude.
    They never attack random people that are giving feedback, they just stopped accepting the shit-responses some of the people were giving.
    Maybe you missed 100's of pages from this thread and others, but people actually respect them for doing so.
    Who cares about a losing a couple of ranting kids when the rest of your playerbase becomes more loyal?

    Business is always about growth. that is pretty much 101.
    Growth of the revenue, not in subnumbers.
    And that revenue is spread across multiple games, not just WoW.

    I hope you are kidding, because this sounds pretty unbelievable. No business or company i know of would ever tolerate that sort of nonsense. A professional would maybe seek to find out what their problem was, and if there was anything they could do to help, if they couldn't or were being abused, they would end the call.
    Well, Blizzard thinks it's okay.. So don't bring me that "no company I know!"-nonsense.

    No, nobody deserves to be abused, and to defend that kind of behavior in defense of more bad behavior is a clear sign of immaturity. Everybody has good days and bad days, GC isn't expected to be perfect, but he is expected to be professional.
    Yet here you are, defending the people who verbally abuse developers.
    When someone insults you, you insult them back. There is nothing immature about that.
    We've had lots of polls about it and many people do believe his behaviour is professional.
    So let's stop this discussion, because you have completely no idea on what actually is mature and how a business works.

  7. #147
    Stood in the Fire gurv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Darkspear stronghold
    Posts
    439
    Can't stand him.
    But he's not solely responsible for the current state of Blizzard.

  8. #148
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    They all have also quit the game, and don't care bout Blizzard anymore, that's why they go around with their wow signatures, and updates armories while posting on every wow thread they find, like they're stalking an EX that moved on, but they just can't accept that the EX is not crying to have them back.
    As far as Blizzard crying to have unsubscribed players back, I can't speak for everyone but I get at least every 3 weeks about coming back to WoW. I still have no plans to come back, and Blizzard already knows what they would need to do to get me to come back, and it's not happening, and that's perfectly fine with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I'm sure he was the sole designer, coder, visionary, and tester of TotC though, amirite? In that case, it most definitely was GC's fault, as surely nobody else could have possibly been involved.

    Ulduar, on the other hand, surely was developed when GC was taking his vacation months, as there is no WAY he could possibly have had anything to do with it, as it's the best raid ever since MC.
    I wanted to go into this specifically because it is a common argument back towards the belief that GC started his work on ToC. It is true that he was around before Ulduar came out. He actually first joined Blizzard in February of 2008, with Sunwell opening in April 2008. Ulduar was ready for reveal and testing by February 2009. Which means it is possible that Ghostcrawler worked on Ulduar a bit, at the very least he could have helped balance it. From what we know of how far in advance Blizzard plans things out though, we can assume much of the art, music, and design in general was already in the works by the time he joined, and was definitely in the works by the time he got settled in. So could he have worked on it? Possibly. I would bet further that he was first assigned to the refreshing of Naxxramas and other smaller systems and not onto their next huge project as a first job within the company. I could be wrong though, and there is no real way to know one way or the other so it's worthless arguing about it. I will at least say that my ideas about his work on those projects is based off logical assumptions and not "Nuh uh!" and "Ya he did!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    No, Greg have not poor PR skills. He does lots of blog entries that are very useful and well-received.

    The problem is that those blogs are walls of text. The complexity of the issues he aim can not be dealt in 140 characters. The need to cut the subject abruptly, so it can fit twitter limit already gave him the smirk fame. Twitter is a poor tool for a dev.

    Better to leave that to Kosak's spoilers on what's happening next. And Greg should stick to his blog entries.
    The problem is not that he writes, the problem is HOW he writes. If you want to see good PR skills go browse red posts on the League of Legends forums. They make the stuff written by Greg Street look like the random scribblings of a social reject vying for attention.

    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    because this is the GC love thread. Where's the hate one, though? I seem lost!
    The hate ones are locked and deleted because the moderators here can't stand having both sides of an argument based out of the 'negative' threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It was locked last night because of the arbitrary assumptions and petty disputes it fostered.
    Because this thread has absolutely no arbitrary assumptions or petty disputes being fostered in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh lol, are you serious?
    Anyone can say that everyone he knows agrees with him, but there is no way to check that.
    Because I have no real want to get into it with you, as you usually refuse to listen to reason if it doesn't fit into your imaginary world anyways. I wanted to respond to these for anyone else who might be able to respond logically. Giving any sort of feedback is how they get their numbers, the problem being when they post what they are doing because the silent majority thinks so is that the silent majority isn't giving anyone feedback, not even them. This is where people like me have issues with this, there will never be any numbers from blizzard about anything dealing with the community aside from hard numbers they can tell from server data. As far as how people feel about things, the best place they can get feedback is from the forums, and when they ignore forum feedback they are really just feeling around in the dark and hoping the changes they make aren't going to make some of the silent majority quit.

    Basically what it boils down to, is both Blizzard and the playerbase are trying to have a conversation with a mime. Blizzard on the other hand is trying to sound dominant and in control and says things with certainty to keep many posters feeling secure regardless of how they might actually be stumbling about.

  9. #149
    All of you clods seem to forget that Ghostcrawler isnt a PR guy. It is his twittter and he can say what he fucking wants on it. i'm surprised he managed to keep it this cool so far.

    As far as Blizzard crying to have unsubscribed players back, I can't speak for everyone but I get at least every 3 weeks about coming back to WoW. I still have no plans to come back, and Blizzard already knows what they would need to do to get me to come back, and it's not happening, and that's perfectly fine with me.
    Shit son, you received an automated message, that clearly must mean that Mike Morhaime is begging on his knees to get you back into the game.
    Last edited by Trafalgarlaw; 2013-01-06 at 04:40 PM.

  10. #150
    Herald of the Titans Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, it's brain surgery.. Because you really don't get it!
    There is a difference between 'customers' and 'insulting brats'.

    Yes, for which as a professional you take the high road and you answer someone who isn't being insulting, instead of having an attitude and labeling people like you have.


    And there is nothing wrong with that attitude.
    They never attack random people that are giving feedback, they just stopped accepting the shit-responses some of the people were giving.
    Maybe you missed 100's of pages from this thread and others, but people actually respect them for doing so.
    Who cares about a losing a couple of ranting kids when the rest of your playerbase becomes more loyal?
    Because in life its how you handle challenges, not just when things go your way especially in business.


    Growth of the revenue, not in subnumbers.
    And that revenue is spread across multiple games, not just WoW.
    I am not going to educate you business or the difference between one type or source of revenue vs another but understand Activision/Blizzard are is the parent company of a few titles, all of them individually are rated on their own merit for success, however a loss of revenue from either, effect the over all bottom line for the business as a whole, SUBS DO NEED TO GROW in order for the company to have a sustained asset that also needs to be predated by projections and followed through with results, such sales reports.


    Well, Blizzard thinks it's okay.. So don't bring me that "no company I know!"-nonsense.
    Seeing as how i believe it is costing them subs and revenue or will, NO, it is NOT OK and by your own admission that caused you to flame me plenty of others want to see some changes also.


    Yet here you are, defending the people who verbally abuse developers.
    When someone insults you, you insult them back. There is nothing immature about that.
    We've had lots of polls about it and many people do believe his behaviour is professional.
    So let's stop this discussion, because you have completely no idea on what actually is mature and how a business works.



    I am not defending abuse, but I am saying that Blizzard is the company that is in the business of providing a service they Advertise and ASK for people to come and play, they are Responsible since their lives and livelyhood does depend on OUR revenue from customers as a whole, because WE ARE THEIR BOSSES, because trust me if enough subs drope, not enough revenue comes in, doesn't matter how many billions they had or have, or subs, they will go down like any other business.



    See, just like most people business has a budget, they count on revenue have credit, just like individuals do, and like anybody else most spend outside that into new ventures and ways to keep SUSTAINED REVENUE coming in, Which means they might have billions but they also have lots of Bills and Projects they have to pay for, and when a BUSINESS loses subs, or customers because of bad experience or their other products dont sell because of a bad experience, like BIOWARE, or SONY, Guess what, they take a HIT.



    SO NO, it isn't OK, and as you see as time goes on, just how badly these things turn out for a business.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 04:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    All of you clods seem to forget that Ghostcrawler isnt a PR guy. It is his twittter and he can say what he fucking wants on it. i'm surprised he managed to keep it this cool so far.



    Shit son, you received an automated message, that clearly must mean that Mike Morhaime is begging on his knees to get you back into the game.


    Really, and google how many people on FB and Twitter have been fired or suspended for comments they made not even related to or specifically concerning the business they work for. Just the appearance of unprofessional behavior was enough that a business might choose to distance themselves.



    And if you think behavior has absoulutly NO baring on a job or a business, You might also want to do a bit of research on a few lawsuits that have gone down, where People have tried to fight for their rights NOT to have their employment and backround checks include things like FB or Twitter whether its for professional or personal use.
    Last edited by Mall Security; 2013-01-06 at 04:52 PM.

  11. #151
    Stood in the Fire gurv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Darkspear stronghold
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    if the direction is to treat people the way GC does is going to be the benchmark, then Blizzard is in a lot of trouble, go ahead Yuck it up. Don't worry people will eventually move on, but like with many other very successful corporations it can go down and never get back up.
    So true.
    But you know suits people don't care about long term anyway.
    They can always hop onto the next company when the ship is sinking, like rats.

  12. #152
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Because I have no real want to get into it with you, as you usually refuse to listen to reason if it doesn't fit into your imaginary world anyways. I wanted to respond to these for anyone else who might be able to respond logically. Giving any sort of feedback is how they get their numbers, the problem being when they post what they are doing because the silent majority thinks so is that the silent majority isn't giving anyone feedback, not even them. This is where people like me have issues with this, there will never be any numbers from blizzard about anything dealing with the community aside from hard numbers they can tell from server data. As far as how people feel about things, the best place they can get feedback is from the forums, and when they ignore forum feedback they are really just feeling around in the dark and hoping the changes they make aren't going to make some of the silent majority quit.
    So when did we start calling it "refusing to listen to reason" if people disagree with rants?
    They are not ignoring forum-feedback. Since when do we call it "ignoring something" when they read something, think it's a bad idea and decide not to implement it?

    "Oh noes, someone disagrees! He refuses to listen to reason."
    "Oh noes, they won't implement stripbars in WoW! They don't read forum-feedback."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes, for which as a professional you take the high road and you answer someone who isn't being insulting, instead of having an attitude and labeling people like you have.
    No. I've had it with you..
    It's his job and in his spare time he can do whatever he wants.
    All your posts come down to one simple thing: "Because I think he shouldn't do that!"
    Newsflash! You have no authority over him and he can do whatever he want.
    You're also not an authority on professional business-behaviour, his bosses are though.
    And as long as they are okay with it, it's fine. Those people actually DO know what they are talking about.

    Because in life its how you handle challenges, not just when things go your way especially in business.
    So now you are not just an expert in businesses, but also in life?

    I am not going to educate you business or the difference between one type or source of revenue vs another but understand Activision/Blizzard are is the parent company of a few titles, all of them individually are rated on their own merit for success, however a loss of revenue from either, effect the over all bottom line for the business as a whole, SUBS DO NEED TO GROW in order for the company to have a sustained asset that also needs to be predated by projections and followed through with results, such sales reports.
    No, please don't educate me on anything.. Even better: Don't even type stuff like that, before we know it people might actually believe it.
    The entire company needs to make a profit and even though an increase in subs would be nice, not a single person is actually believing that will happen.
    It's delusional to even hope for a sub-growth in an 8-year old game.

    Seeing as how i believe it is costing them subs and revenue or will, NO, it is NOT OK and by your own admission that caused you to flame me plenty of others want to see some changes also.
    How is this costing them subs? Do you have reports or numbers to back that lie up?

    I am not defending abuse, but I am saying that Blizzard is the company that is in the business of providing a service they Advertise and ASK for people to come and play, they are Responsible since their lives and livelyhood does depend on OUR revenue from customers as a whole, because WE ARE THEIR BOSSES, because trust me if enough subs drope, not enough revenue comes in, doesn't matter how many billions they had or have, or subs, they will go down like any other business.
    We are not their bosses, when will you ever start understanding that?
    That customer is king-crap is bullshit, something that people should stop believing as soon as possible.
    It's the ENTIRE playerbase that is paying their salary, not people individually.
    That's why they can treat individual people as they want, as long as they treat the entire playerbase right. (And they do treat them right).

    SO NO, it isn't OK, and as you see as time goes on, just how badly these things turn out for a business.
    Oh yes, the company will go bankrupt now..
    If I got a dime every time someone predicted that :')
    Last edited by Kangodo; 2013-01-06 at 05:12 PM.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes, for which as a professional you take the high road and you answer someone who isn't being insulting, instead of having an attitude and labeling people like you have.




    Because in life its how you handle challenges, not just when things go your way especially in business.




    I am not going to educate you business or the difference between one type or source of revenue vs another but understand Activision/Blizzard are is the parent company of a few titles, all of them individually are rated on their own merit for success, however a loss of revenue from either, effect the over all bottom line for the business as a whole, SUBS DO NEED TO GROW in order for the company to have a sustained asset that also needs to be predated by projections and followed through with results, such sales reports.




    Seeing as how i believe it is costing them subs and revenue or will, NO, it is NOT OK and by your own admission that caused you to flame me plenty of others want to see some changes also.







    I am not defending abuse, but I am saying that Blizzard is the company that is in the business of providing a service they Advertise and ASK for people to come and play, they are Responsible since their lives and livelyhood does depend on OUR revenue from customers as a whole, because WE ARE THEIR BOSSES, because trust me if enough subs drope, not enough revenue comes in, doesn't matter how many billions they had or have, or subs, they will go down like any other business.



    See, just like most people business has a budget, they count on revenue have credit, just like individuals do, and like anybody else most spend outside that into new ventures and ways to keep SUSTAINED REVENUE coming in, Which means they might have billions but they also have lots of Bills and Projects they have to pay for, and when a BUSINESS loses subs, or customers because of bad experience or their other products dont sell because of a bad experience, like BIOWARE, or SONY, Guess what, they take a HIT.



    SO NO, it isn't OK, and as you see as time goes on, just how badly these things turn out for a business.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 04:50 PM ----------





    Really, and google how many people on FB and Twitter have been fired or suspended for comments they made not even related to or specifically concerning the business they work for. Just the appearance of unprofessional behavior was enough that a business might choose to distance themselves.



    And if you think behavior has absoulutly NO baring on a job or a business, You might also want to do a bit of research on a few lawsuits that have gone down, where People have tried to fight for their rights NOT to have their employment and backround checks include things like FB or Twitter whether its for professional or personal use.
    And Blizzard is none of those companies. Your arguments, ALL of them, are invalid.

    You just dont get it do you, get it into your tiny little head.
    it does not matter what these other companies hypothetically do. It is what Blizzard does that matters.
    Last edited by Trafalgarlaw; 2013-01-06 at 05:20 PM.

  14. #154
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    And Blizzard is none of those companies. Your arguments, ALL of them, are invalid.
    You just dont get it do you, get it into your tiny little head.
    Ooh, I think I am going to ignore him.
    All it comes down to from people like him is a simple: "I want to tell Blizzard how they should run their company!"

    It's not just WoW, this type of behaviour is starting in many places.
    But those people need to learn that 15$ per month does not give them a seat on the board.

  15. #155
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So when did we start calling it "refusing to listen to reason" if people disagree with rants?
    They are not ignoring forum-feedback. Since when do we call it "ignoring something" when they read something, think it's a bad idea and decide not to implement it?
    It's called 'refusing to listen to reason' when someone points out the grass is green and you are willing to go blue in the face arguing that it's not... it's light green of course. I've had my fair share of back and forths with you and you have never once responded with a reasonable, well thought out answer. You just reply with the first random imaginary thing, that usually doesn't even make sense, that pops into your head. Even the above part of the quote in bold is a prime example, as you apparently disagree with the very first and most popular use of the word ignore.

    ig·nore
    /igˈnôr/
    Verb

    1: Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally: "he ignored her question".

    If you want examples of many things on the forum that were based off extremely popular feedback, ideas that were taken and then twisted into a form no longer recognizable, or things that literally took the world crashing down on them to revert I can give you quite a few just off the top of my head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    All of you clods seem to forget that Ghostcrawler isnt a PR guy. It is his twittter and he can say what he fucking wants on it. i'm surprised he managed to keep it this cool so far.

    Shit son, you received an automated message, that clearly must mean that Mike Morhaime is begging on his knees to get you back into the game.
    Ghoscrawler is a PR guy if he is allowed to post on behalf of the company. His posts on twitter and the Blizzard forums are reflective of the views of the lead designer. As for the other part, yea, I got put into an automated message system that I am sure millions of other people get because Blizzard WANTS people to come back, which is the entire point of that initial response. Someone stated that Blizzard does not want people back, which is a flat out lie. Blizzard wants as many subscribers as possible as long as they don't repeatedly and expressly break the rules. If they didn't want back people who quit they wouldn't even have that automated system asking me to come back and use free trial #1,2,3 and 4.

  16. #156
    Herald of the Titans Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching
    Posts
    2,630


    No. I've had it with you..
    It's his job and in his spare time he can do whatever he wants.
    All your posts come down to one simple thing: "Because I think he shouldn't do that!"
    Newsflash! You have no authority over him and he can do whatever he want.
    You're also not an authority on professional business-behaviour, his bosses are though.
    And as long as they are okay with it, it's fine. Those people actually DO know what they are talking about.

    If you had it with me nobody is forcing you to respond. If you get that " Because I think he shouldn't do that" as GC and the rest of the developers of are his attitude should replaced, or atleast straightened out, well that is your choice.

    I don't need to be an authority to know how to treat people who pay my salary, or keep the business i work for able to employ me. and you don't that by getting emotional and hurling insults calling them spoiled self entitled brats or passive aggressive snide remarks and I sure as hell hope that isn't his actual attitude. If he is such a master at Lingo and the internet, he should understand something about twitter and access. It isn't his job to babysit, or teach anybody a lesson or give them what they deserve.




    So now you are not just an expert in businesses, but also in life?
    I don't need to, in order to know my job in life isn't to educate peoples kids, Give people what they deserve on the internet. And I sure as hell wouldn't make that part of my job or any business that is mine or anybody elses.






    No, please don't educate me on anything.. Even better: Don't even type stuff like that, before we know it people might actually believe it.
    The entire company needs to make a profit and even though an increase in subs would be nice, not a single person is actually believing that will happen.
    It's delusional to even hope for a sub-growth in an 8-year old game.
    So that doesn't mean it's time to burn the barn down, and bridges along with it, 8 years fine, if WOW is in decline fine, but attitudes like that wont help them sell any more titles and keep revenue coming in.

    How is this costing them subs? Do you have reports or numbers to back that lie up?
    Bloomberg, Google, WSJ

    give any one of those a try, i am not saying the decline is all due to one thing, but the attitude isn't helping, and sustaining subs after a recent loss of 2 million is no small deal.


    We are not their bosses, when will you ever start understanding that?
    The same day you realise you aren't Judge Dredd, and that consumers sure the hell does make up a business because without them business wouldn't exist

    and Dr Philing and giving them what these spoiled brats deserve in the form of passive aggressive snide remark.


    That customer is king-crap is bullshit, something that people should stop believing as soon as possible.
    No it is an attitude more people should embrace and not put up with bad service or products they pay for and demand more accountability


    It's the ENTIRE playerbase that is paying their salary, not people individually.
    And when the day comes that you tweet something or try to participate in some way that is wrong or in error, because you are trying to express how you FEEL only to be talked down to and belittled because something you said didn't come out quit right, or was misunderstood because you can't see someone in text.

    When you get the kind of treatment you suggest is ok for other people, you might find yourself outraged and adding yet one more sub they wont be getting.

    That's why they can treat individual people as they want, as long as they treat the entire playerbase right. (And they do treat them right).

    Oh yes, the company will go bankrupt now..
    If I got a dime every time someone predicted that :')
    Well it it wont be overnight, but like Sony it can easily be something they don't come back from
    Last edited by Mall Security; 2013-01-06 at 05:55 PM.

  17. #157
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    It's called 'refusing to listen to reason' when someone points out the grass is green and you are willing to go blue in the face arguing that it's not... it's light green of course. I've had my fair share of back and forths with you and you have never once responded with a reasonable, well thought out answer. You just reply with the first random imaginary thing, that usually doesn't even make sense, that pops into your head. Even the above part of the quote in bold is a prime example, as you apparently disagree with the very first and most popular use of the word ignore.

    ig·nore
    /igˈnôr/
    Verb

    1: Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally: "he ignored her question".

    If you want examples of many things on the forum that were based off extremely popular feedback, ideas that were taken and then twisted into a form no longer recognizable, or things that literally took the world crashing down on them to revert I can give you quite a few just off the top of my head.
    There is one difference!
    Normal grass IS green.
    Your, or anyone's, opinion is discussable.

    The problem with some people is that they post utter shit ideas on the forum and than start yelling that Blizzard ignores all forum-feedback because they don't do exactly as that user wants.

    But go ahead, give me examples of great ideas that everyone supported but were ignored by Blizzard.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 06:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I don't need to be an authority to know how to treat people who pay my salary, or keep the business i work for able to employ me.
    Yes, you actually do have to be an expert on that matter before you start telling people on how to act.

    So that doesn't mean it's time to burn the barn down, and bridges along with it, 8 years fine, if WOW is in decline fine, but attitudes like that wont help them sell any more titles and keep revenue coming in.
    And you can proof that?

    Bloomberg, Google, WSJ
    Just googled it, nothing that proves this "attitude" is costing them subs.

    give any one of those a try, i am not saying the decline is all due to one thing, but the attitude isn't helping, and sustaining subs after a recent loss of 2 million is no small deal.
    No, you are saying that this new attitude is one of the reasons that they are losing subs even when you have absolutely no proof of that.
    So again: "Because I say so!".

    The same day you realise you aren't Judge Dredd, and that consumers sure the hell does make up a business because without them business wouldn't exist
    GC can call those trolls anything he likes and they'll still have customers.
    So what the hell is your point?
    If your point is that with him being friendly to trolls would gain them more subs, than I demand proof of that.

    No it is an attitude more people should embrace and not put up with bad service or products they pay for and demand more accountability
    Too many people already embrace it.
    Don't like a product? Take your money elsewhere..
    But don't act as if you can dictate what the company must do.

    The entire issue of trolling companies is because customers don't want to take their money elsewhere, they want the same company but exactly as they wish.
    And welcome to reality: You can't have it that way.
    A company will do what is in their best interest, and if that results into screwing a few customers over.. Than so be it!

    And that brings me to the big point!
    A company does stuff that will gain them the most profit.
    If belittling a few trolls result into a more stable, loyal customerbase that yields more income, than they do it.

  18. #158
    Pro tip btw; comparing a game development company to some shithole that sells office supplies just proves how much of a tool you are.

    Feedback for the office supplies company will be based on hard facts, as in: this papaer is of poor quality.
    Feedback for the game developper will be based on the entitled whiner's opnion. As in: waa waa spell X is too stronk, it never occured to me that it might infact be fine and that the problem lies with me and my lack of skill waah waah.
    Last edited by Trafalgarlaw; 2013-01-06 at 06:00 PM.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Aye i like his personality, might disagree with some game decisions but i respect him for putting up with all the shit he gets on a daily basis and still having the patience to engage with the community.
    Nothing there to respect, he gets payed for it. Yes even to act the way he does...it gives a feeling that they got their shit together behind the game even if they don't.

  20. #160
    Herald of the Titans Mall Security's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    There is one difference!
    Normal grass IS green.
    Your, or anyone's, opinion is discussable.

    The problem with some people is that they post utter shit ideas on the forum and than start yelling that Blizzard ignores all forum-feedback because they don't do exactly as that user wants.

    But go ahead, give me examples of great ideas that everyone supported but were ignored by Blizzard.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 06:54 PM ----------


    Yes, you actually do have to be an expert on that matter before you start telling people on how to act.
    You don't need to be an expert common sense and experience would tell you, that you can NOT talk to customers however you want whenever you want and not have their be a cost for that.


    And what GC says on Twitter is NOT his own Business since he is channeling customers of the company directly, or have the news reports about Airline staff getting fired, for tweeting, or people losing out on jobs because of comments or things they said on FB or Twitter. It can reflect on the company, Image is important even to blizzard.


    And you can proof that?
    Nintendo
    Sega Genises
    Sony: Star Wars Galaxies
    Bioware:SWTOR

    Attitude and how customers are treated, and how developers respond is IMPORTANT





    Just googled it, nothing that proves this "attitude" is costing them subs.
    Yes now that you have google up on your browser try using it.


    No, you are saying that this new attitude is one of the reasons that they are losing subs even when you have absolutely no proof of that.
    So again: "Because I say so!".
    No, because its fundamental logic anybody who runs, or depends on revenue for a business KNOWS.


    GC can call those trolls anything he likes and they'll still have customers.
    So what the hell is your point?
    If your point is that with him being friendly to trolls would gain them more subs, than I demand proof of that.
    I didn't say he had to be friendly at all, he doesn't even have to respond to them, he could actually pick the comments alone who come from constructive posters and respond.


    Too many people already embrace it.
    Don't like a product? Take your money elsewhere..
    But don't act as if you can dictate what the company must do.
    That is the standard business model, company's that are the most successful not only KNOW this, but also but they cater to it.

    The entire issue of trolling companies is because customers don't want to take their money elsewhere, they want the same company but exactly as they wish.
    And welcome to reality: You can't have it that way.
    A company will do what is in their best interest, and if that results into screwing a few customers over.. Than so be it!
    Well i will agree with you here, screwing over every customer for a handful of demanding few is NOT good business either, but IF you are professional, you take advantage of opprotunities to atleast listen to those who may be ill informed or whatever, thank them for their imput provide reasons why something wont be done, and if they are trolling ignore them. Why take away that time from someone who is trying to be constructive.

    And that brings me to the big point!
    A company does stuff that will gain them the most profit.
    If belittling a few trolls result into a more stable, loyal customerbase that yields more income, than they do it.

    Well sure its funny, and a bit amusing at first, but understand crowds can be fickle and what was funny yesterday, may not actually be so funny today or tommorow, and while seeing a troll probably get what he is given is well and good, the problem is when you get into that mind set, again with these being text and typing, its very easy to misfire and snag people who are ill informed, or simply not able to articulate things as well as they like, and why berate and humiliate someone who otherwise is a good customer who honestly loves the game and means well.


    See because its very easy to point and laugh at other people and cheer their indifference, but when the shoe is on the other foot because nobody is perfect, and there is a standard set such as that, YEAH, eventually you can quickly turn from trolls to misunderstandings to making communication hostile, THAT IS NOT GOOD for Revenue, and if you need proof of that well, I don't know what the hell to tell you.
    Last edited by Mall Security; 2013-01-06 at 06:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •