Thread: <3 Ghostcrawler

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    GC is my hero. He is the best thing Blizzard has going for them.
    He is a complete failure. His answer to every problem is "remove it". Defense ratings, Talent points, Arm pen, Resistances and many more were removed just, because he was unable to balance them. My last point still stands, I had a whole evening and instead of playing wow i sat AFK in Dalaran and tweeted instead. The game is not fun or interesting anymore, hasn't been since he got hired.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC should be fired, a long with the majority of the developers, and if the next report shows WoW going south of 10 million subs, they might want to retire early or polish of their resumes.

GC has a complete and utter contempt for people who have valid critics, regardless to if they express themselves the way he feels they should, and the people who support this man and his utter nonsense, are mostly imo to blame for the decline in the over all game and the performance most come to expect.

GC isn't Howard Stern, or some Host, he is a game developer responsible for creating a product the majority want to go out and purchase or pay for download, his attitude, along with everybody at Blizzard and their STICK IT TO the people, is eactly the WRONG kind of attitude to have for ANY business. Unless he plans to turn WoW into another EVE online and to that i say GO FOR IT, you and GC will find our very quickly how much you CAN'T do now that you have disrespected and drove away those bringing the kind of revenue that even allows for Blizzard to have access to realise what they do.

All the way around GC and Blizzard/Activision's attitudes are a big reason i completly have sworn off any prouducts with their name on it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

What I find funny is that so many people want to see GC fired, yet they rarely even know what decisions he actually makes, which arguments he makes during internal design debates, etc.. The WoW team is huge and has more than 1 designer. GC is just the guy telling us what the COLLECTIVE thinks and why the COLLECTIVE made certain changes. Yet some nerds on the internetz think he should be fired because he destroyed their class/raiding/whatever. I respect him for being able to put up with that.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2013-01-06 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    If you love Ghostcrawler, then why not show your appreciation by writing him an Ode?

I have to say that i don't like GC as a Lead Dev due to the decisions he made with WoW. Kudo's to him but putting up with the internet but.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And yes, I will probably get infracted for raging at you and calling you a troll.
    But it's 100% worth it, someone needs to speak up to all those "FIRE EVERYONE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT!"-retards.
    you are my hero of the day.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    All the way around GC and Blizzard/Activision's attitudes are a big reason i completly have sworn off any prouducts with their name on it.
    No you havent. You're still here. If you really felt this way, you wouldnt even go to a WoW site anymore.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    It's nice to see that this arguement has come full circle. Anyways, the fact that your friends only know 12 year old horde players just shows your friends hang out with 12 year olds a lot. It doesn't make it fact unless your friends know the age of every horde player out there.
    woooosh right over your head buddy

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 01:04 PM ----------

GC should be fired, a long with the majority of the developers, and if the next report shows WoW going south of 10 million subs, they might want to retire early or polish of their resumes.

GC has a complete and utter contempt for people who have valid critics, regardless to if they express themselves the way he feels they should, and the people who support this man and his utter nonsense, are mostly imo to blame for the decline in the over all game and the performance most come to expect.

GC isn't Howard Stern, or some Host, he is a game developer responsible for creating a product the majority want to go out and purchase or pay for download, his attitude, along with everybody at Blizzard and their STICK IT TO the people, is eactly the WRONG kind of attitude to have for ANY business. Unless he plans to turn WoW into another EVE online and to that i say GO FOR IT, you and GC will find our very quickly how much you CAN'T do now that you have disrespected and drove away those bringing the kind of revenue that even allows for Blizzard to have access to realise what they do.

what are you mambling about? who was driven away by blizz? the biggest subscription based mmo still way ahead of everything else on the marked isn´t a fail, for you maybe, but for a cool 10 mill it isn´t

oh and your last scentence is pure gold, thank you
    you´re a crusader aren´t you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the entire development team should be fired because you don't like the game while 10 million other people are enjoying it?

Let's use this stupid logic in other businesses!
    I don't like Samsung-phones, let's fire their entire development team.
    I don't like most car-branches, let's fire their entire team!
    I really don't enjoy Pepsi, so let's fire their department.
    If they'd fire the entire team for each product I do not enjoy, than millions of people would be unemployed.

Do you see how stupid it is what you are saying?

Samsung doesn't have its developers make twitter accounts where they completly side step critics or treat them with contempt or distain, it doesn't matter if YOU specifically appreciate their contribution. It has nothing to do with liking the color of this guys shirt, or his politics or personal opinions, It has to do with his complete and total disregard for customers which you seem to embrace. I am not sure exactly if you have any slight clue about how business works.

And the fact you blindly stick up for a company that has a lead developer disrespecting customers, leads me to believe, you aren't really in the position to call anybody stupid.

What decline in the game?
    And could you please point out the valid critics? Because I'm not seeing those on Twitter.
    And the validation of the feedback hardly matters on how he responds.
    If someone has a bad point or a good point, he reacts normally. He has 'utter contempt' when people are acting like retards.
    I don't need to point you to anything other than their 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter subscriber base dropping. If you need to find sources for that might i suggest bloomberg.

It doesn't matter if the customers you refer to as retards, are indeed that or not, the fact is he is like anybody else a representation of blizzard as a whole company, when he acts the way he does, he basically speaks for everybody, whether he works in customer service or not, the fact is those "retards" pay a lot of honest money or could be potential customers, treating them as you point out with "Utter contempt" is my point.

Yes, only on MMO-C can we see some random-loser-internet-heroes telling billion-dollar companies on how to run a business! It's hilarious and pathetic.
    Well i suppose your entire response to me is telling enough, considering sharing an opinion you don't agree with qualifies as being a "retard" or a "loser". Billion dollar companys go bankrupt often, and useally steming from the same lack of respect for where their product comes from and how it relates to the customer.

I am sure that they are crying themselves to sleep every night now you aren't playing anymore.
    Oooh, what's that? They don't give a fuck? Yeah, that's right.. They get 10 happy people every time they drive a troll like you away.
    The only people your kind of attitude feeds are trolls, just because others have uninformed opinions or not, doesn't make them trolls, and expressing them the best they can't doesn't merit they are deserving to be treated like dirt.

And yes, I will probably get infracted for raging at you and calling you a troll.
    But it's 100% worth it, someone needs to speak up to all those "FIRE EVERYONE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT!"-retards.

Well if you are speaking upf for Ghostcrawler you aren't actually helping the situation. As for coming to MMO-C they provide more than just a forum for WoW or Blizzard.

Come next quarter we will see how cool GC attitude works to the help bring subscribers back.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    woooosh right over your head buddy

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 01:04 PM ----------

what are you mambling about? who was driven away by blizz? the biggest subscription based mmo still way ahead of everything else on the marked isn´t a fail, for you maybe, but for a cool 10 mill it isn´t

oh and your last scentence is pure gold, thank you
    you´re a crusader aren´t you?

I am not speaking on behalf of anybody other than those i know of and the results of how WoW has been in decline. GC attitude while might seem cool to you, maybe not so much when it effects their bottom line and some very decent people indeed wind up losing their jobs over it, because Blizzard can't cover their cost to losing revenue.

Deleted
    So the entire development team should be fired because you don't like the game while 10 million other people are enjoying it?
    This is exactly the argument you can read on these forums by 20-30 people (who call themselves a majority), they don't like it, and since they are so special that their opinion rules all others, they can't even phantom the idea that 10 million people to like it, and the fact that they don't is only relevant for themselves, not anyone else.

They all have also quit the game, and don't care bout Blizzard anymore, that's why they go around with their wow signatures, and updates armories while posting on every wow thread they find, like they're stalking an EX that moved on, but they just can't accept that the EX is not crying to have them back.

I am not speaking on behalf of anybody other than those i know of and the results of how WoW has been in decline. GC attitude while might seem cool to you, maybe not so much when it effects their bottom line and some very decent people indeed wind up losing their jobs over it, because Blizzard can't cover their cost to losing revenue.
    AFAIK, and I might be wrong, but ActivisionBlizzard had it's best quarter in the end of 2012, they're not losing revenue at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I think hes a complete failure. His answer to every problem is "remove it". Defense ratings, Talent points, Arm pen, Resistances and many more were removed just, because he was unable to balance them. My last point still stands, I had a whole evening and instead of playing wow i sat AFK in Dalaran and tweeted instead. The game is not fun or interesting anymore, hasn't been since he got hired.
    Fixed it for you

You should quit the game if it aint fun for you, As its still fun for 10 Million people, apprently everyone thinks they have a degree in game development and knows whats better for themselves instead for the game as a whole.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-01-06 at 01:27 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    If you love Ghostcrawler, then why not show your appreciation by writing him an Ode?
    If you hate Ghostcrawler, why not quit the game and any and all forums where his name might pop up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If you hate Ghostcrawler, why not quit the game and any and all forums where his name might pop up?
    Ghostcrawler =/= Warcraft. He needs to know that he is hurting a game/franchize many of us have loved for over a decade. He needs to go, not us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I understand completely however if lots of people leave the game because of a particular system or implementation is that not feedback as well? We don't like X, and 4 million people leave because of X for example. Let's put it to you this way. From what I've read Ghostcrawler is not terrible found of flying mounts. In fact their was a dev post some time back and they said the biggest single mistake they made was introducing arena into the game. Okay so if they are solely designing systems around what they think is correct and not majority feedback or taking into consideration numbers at all, why don't they simple get rid of those systems?
    Ghostcrawler's distaste/aversion towards flying mounts has absolutely no nearly on whether or not flying mounts are good for the game. Same with Arenas; I'm sure I could sift through the Blizzard WoW devs and find at least one who thinks Arenas are good for the game and deserve to have developer time spent improving them.

You are completely missing the point to what I'm saying: WoW isn't held hostage to anyone's opinion, whether they be multiple R1 Glads, LFR heroes, Ghostcrawler, you, I, or Swifty. Changes in wow are based upon the potential benefits to the game they will provide. Obviously removing Arenas and Flying Mounts would hurt the state of the game, not sure why you even used them as examples.

Blizzard will make the right choice for the good of the game itself. Just because Dev X doesn't like a particular system doesn't make it a candidate for removal. Also: THEY DO TAKE NUMBERS INTO CONSIDERATION. Where do you think they get the info necessary to make nerfs/buffs from? Do you think a company as successful as Blizzard doesn't bother to track statistics? I guarantee you somebody at Blizz has access to the exact number of Holy Priests who killed LFR Sha of Fear on Christmas Eve between the hours of 8pm and midnight pacific time.

Also, I guarantee you majority feedback has nowhere near the poignancy of good feedback made by one person. Do you think if every single player was polled on their opinion of whether or not Frost Mages should be merged in PvP, that most would say they need to be nerfed? I imagine 75% of people would say yes. Wanna know why, after a poll like that, Blizz wouldnt let it influence their feelings of Mages in PvP? Because the majority has no fucking idea what is good for the game, that's why.

If 4 million people quit the game tomorrow because they cant stand Frost Mages being at a balanced state in PvP, I would argue that the game is now a much healthier and positive environment.
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2013-01-06 at 01:47 PM.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler =/= Warcraft. He needs to know that he is hurting a game/franchize many of us have loved for over a decade. He needs to go, not us.
    Nah the whinners need to go, there the plague thats ruining the game not Ghostcrawler.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    I'd rather you go and him stay, so I guess it's a tie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder who Blizz gives more fucks about, your and my happiness or their lead systems designer's happiness. Surely they don't pay him tens of thousands of dollars a year as a bribe to get him to keep coming into the office, no?

Your self-entitlement is only exceeded by you lack of empathy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 07:42 AM ----------

He is a complete failure. His answer to every problem is "remove it". Defense ratings, Talent points, Arm pen, Resistances and many more were removed just, because he was unable to balance them. My last point still stands, I had a whole evening and instead of playing wow i sat AFK in Dalaran and tweeted instead. The game is not fun or interesting anymore, hasn't been since he got hired.
    Just so you know, GC doesn't get paid to tweet the community. He logs onto twitter daily, proceeds to receive fuckloads of bullshit "feedback" and insults, tries to explain design decisions, and all the while just getting hammered for whatever shit some self-entitled crusader believes is the absolute worst change that's ever happened in the history of WoW.

it's telling that he had to reiterate the fact that good feedback consists of truth, not "omg GC my friends all agree with me why wont you listen to us".
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I wonder who Blizz gives more fucks about, your and my happiness or their lead systems designer's happiness. Surely they don't pay him tens of thousands of dollars a year as a bribe to get him to keep coming into the office, no?

Your self-entitlement is only exceeded by you lack of empathy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 07:42 AM ----------

Just so you know, GC doesn't get paid to tweet the community. He logs onto twitter daily, proceeds to receive fuckloads of bullshit "feedback" and insults, tries to explain design decisions, and all the while just getting hammered for whatever shit some self-entitled crusader believes is the absolute worst change that's ever happened in the history of WoW.

it's telling that he had to reiterate the fact that good feedback consists of truth, not "omg GC my friends all agree with me why wont you listen to us".
    Amen good sir,

Once those whinners leave WoW maybe the game will get decent feedback as all they get is " I want the game my way & only my way no one else matters, the game sucks when my class isn't the overpowered one". Thats all i see when I read the feedback.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-01-06 at 01:48 PM.

Ghostcrawler =/= Warcraft.
    Actually, he is. And he has been ever since he was hired after Ensemble went down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Amen good sir,

Once those whinners leave WoW maybe the game will get decent feedback as all they get is " I want the game my way & only my way no one else matters, the game sucks when my class isn't the overpowered one". Thats all i see when I read the feedback.
    They will never leave, they have spend way to much invested in this game, and basicly hate everything about it, but thier addiction is too strong. Then they proceed to say'' I shouldnt have to leave, he should''. Quite hilarious i know, but is something that us sane ppl need to get use to. These kind of people will be here forever, the playerbase is just too big. And they will take their bullshit to any new MMO trying to get in the market.

Also I find it hilarious that most ppl consider ''BUFF MY CLASS I NEEDS DIS AND X CLASS IS OP NERF!!!111'' as feedback. Reading people's tweets make me facepalm so hard, i dont think 90% of the WoW community knows how feedback works.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-06 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    This is exactly the argument you can read on these forums by 20-30 people (who call themselves a majority), they don't like it, and since they are so special that their opinion rules all others, they can't even phantom the idea that 10 million people to like it, and the fact that they don't is only relevant for themselves, not anyone else.

They all have also quit the game, and don't care bout Blizzard anymore, that's why they go around with their wow signatures, and updates armories while posting on every wow thread they find, like they're stalking an EX that moved on, but they just can't accept that the EX is not crying to have them back.

AFAIK, and I might be wrong, but ActivisionBlizzard had it's best quarter in the end of 2012, they're not losing revenue at all.

I am talking about subscribers, which is their main source of revenue, and it maintained 10 million right after releasing Mist of Panderia, which granted hasn't gotten a full quarter to realise any bump, but as I said time will tell, My guess is the next anouncement will tell, if this has been steered in the right direction as far as development.

And as far as people whining about their classes not being OP, yes, i do see that, I have always seen that, but what is different going all the way back to Cata is that a lot more people not simply nit picking, but completly disappointed at what Blizzard has produced in terms of actual content such as the never ending dailies, LFR 25 vs 10 man, and of course CSZ, which i personally think should be done more of.

The problem simply comes back to a lack of response on Blizzard part in an effective way which doesn't consist of sarcasim or out and out right disrespect, personally I have always noticed it, but recently others have become to realise this also.

I am not talking about what % of the people feel this way or that way, my critic comes at Blizzard over all handling of the situation, you can deal with thing without pandering to everybody, or catering to everybodies wishes. Nobody reasonable expect change over night but frankly Blizzard lately has failed to deliver, and not just with WoW as far as content goes, I know plenty of people non too happy with Diablo 3 at first. I assume is better but i haven't heard or read otherwise.

But the point is GC being snide and disrespectful is over the line, we are not at his whims mercy or dependent on him or the developers per say, of course ME and Others can simply GO play something else, but I like many others probably feel a bit vested and interested in what is to come.

But we are their bosses not the other way around, and if the customers whether you agree with them or you don't keep treating them like crap and of course people may stick around for WOW for the reasons i have given, but posion the water enough i is going to effect your bottom line as it is with blizzard.

Some go " But wait a minute they are still a billion dollar company" Being Number 1 and having billions doesn't mean a thing if you can't sustain that, and if the direction is to treat people the way GC does is going to be the benchmark, then Blizzard is in a lot of trouble, go ahead Yuck it up. Don't worry people will eventually move on, but like with many other very successful corporations it can go down and never get back up.