Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old tier gear for Monks

Hey guys,

I spent a good portion of the day yesterday running around solo collecting BC tier gear for my Monk from all the 25 man raids for transmog.

When I got enough tokens I thought I'll go cash in except I cant, when I go to either Scryer or Aldor vendor in Shatt nothing appears.
    I changed the class to all in the drop down box and still nothing.

My thinking was sure the Monk wasnt around back then but if I have leather gear tokens I should be able to use them but no I cant.
    Class specific looks like class specific so as a Monk I dont have as much choice as everyone else.

Have I done something wrong, gone to the wrong vendor or did I just waste my time?

I read up if you dont pick a faction, Aldor/Scryer you can go to either vendor.
    When that didnt work I went Aldor and still no go.

Frustrating to say the least.

You just wasted your time, there's no Tier gear for MOnks under MoP
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Tier gear is class specific. You can't use it at all. Just sell it for dem 5 goldz.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    did I just waste my time?
    Yes. Rogues and Druids wear leather, true, but both the sets and the tokens are class-bound.

You cant just buy what ever tier pieces you want. They're class specific.

I'm not sure if this is even serious; monks don't even have any usable lv70 armour tokens.

And no, there's no lv70 monk gear. They don't go back and design old tier sets for them. They didn't do it for DKs either.

There are no tier sets for monks from pre-MoP content. The same was true as well when death knights were introduced, and had no pre-Wrath tier sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the old set should say specifically right on them which class they are for. For instance, Deathmantle is T5 rogue, and it says right on the item "Class: Rogue" because there is no "Class: Monk" items prior to the current tier it looks like you are liimted to the non set pieces. A good site to look for tier sets that are recolored are here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Set_look_alikes. I find a lot of the recolors look better than the originals. Which is why I use the yellow recolor of the T1 rogue set for my rogue.

i wish they would create a few gear sets (even blues) just for monks or transmog gear. Sure they didnt do it for DKs thats cuz back then you couldnt transmog, but now monks are so limited for transmogifying it makes me a sad panda

10+ Year Old Account
    There is plenty of transmog sets out there. You just have to work a little harder for them. Which in my opinion makes it worth it.

EDIT: Check this out: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-sets...r=type=2;cl=10

10+ Year Old Account
    The above posters are right, but WoTLK and up tend to have pieces that share the same model as tier, but are not tier.

Deleted
    The only thing you can get from old instances are 'tier look-a-likes' from the same raids, which usually comes in different colours than the original set/s.

I'll be that guy and say Dk did get a pvp set. Lvl 70.

The point was, and I did say, it was for transmog and my thinking was leather gear is leather gear as each token covers several classes.
    It was more pure hope than actual fact that I could use these tokens but you never know.
    Yes I can read the classes and yes I actually do realise pre mop there were no monks, again my thinking was as above.
    Thanks to those who were helpful.

You can't even xmog another class's gear, so even for that reason it was a waste of time.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    You can't even xmog another class's gear, so even for that reason it was a waste of time.
    Unless you buy it on BMAH. Know at least one monk going for druid T3.

FYI, the Darkmoon Faire ticket gear for the tier 0 and 0.5 sets are also non-class specific, like the BMAH pieces. I bought the old rogue gloves for a blue set I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugbuu View Post
    There is plenty of transmog sets out there. You just have to work a little harder for them. Which in my opinion makes it worth it.

EDIT: Check this out: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-sets...r=type=2;cl=10
    Awesome! thanks for the link.

just as there is no dk armor pre WOTLK, there is no monk armor pre-MOP. You can get similar looking armor from random drops off the apropriate tier bosses.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    I'll be that guy and say Dk did get a pvp set. Lvl 70.
    It was also just a recolour as all plate looked the same for Brutal.

Tier gear in TBC looked different.