10+ Year Old Account

Attempting to Reconnect

Ok, just curious to see if anyone else has ever had this issue.

Just a couple of minutes ago was the second time this has happened to me and I'm starting to wonder if it is on my end or the servers. What happened was that my game froze and then this big message popped up saying "Attempting to Reconnect". Then it stays like that, frozen screen and all, until I have either had enough or I get bored and then shut down the game. Now, when I reenter the game I would think that it would ask me to get back into the game that I have been playing and just left. But it doesn't. It doesn't even show up on list of games played or on my Win/Loss record. I waited a day last time it happened to make sure that it didn't show up; it never did.

Is it just me or should I take this to the actual LoL forum to see what's up. Both times it has happened in a ranked game when all 10 champs were in a team fight and, ironically enough, both times was when my team was losing, lol. I have tried friending people in the game to see if the same thing happened to them but none of them have accepted my request (like I said, it has only happened when we have being losing).

So, any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I vaguely remember there being a thread on the LoL subreddit awhile ago that was something like this. Someone eventually narrowed it down to there being only one person that was consistently in the games where it happened. Was a month or two back though, and I'm not good at reddit so I'm not going to dig it up.

It's odd that you've had it happen twice now. I had one game where a similar thing happened (though it was before the attempting to reconnect bar was made). Eventually I left and friended the people who were in the game and none of them knew what happened. It didn't show up in the match history or anything. It's possible that there was foul play and it's possible that the servers just went kerplunk.

I really don't know, and I doubt you will ever know. You could make a thread about it on the official forums but idk if you'd get a red response. Probably know, but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks for the post.

At least it isn't just happening to me. I'll check the reddit post and see if I can get some more info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    Ok, thanks for the post.

At least it isn't just happening to me. I'll check the reddit post and see if I can get some more info.
    Good luck finding it! It is not a very common thing though, in fact pretty rare. If it is happening often, you may want to check your connection and stuff.