Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Fluffy Kitten Wikiy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Posts
    5,103
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Remember the case of the guy shooting the seafood and steak salesman? It was justified because he had signs ups saying "no solicitors" and he felt threatened.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/flor...und-for-effect
    I actually didn't know about that. Was he convicted?

  2. #162
    The victims were dead before police even arrived. As such there are two ways of looking at this.

    1. The Liberal agenda suggests that banning all "assault rifles" will stop mass shootings. I guess the next, logical (for them), step would be to ban all guns and shootings will stop. This ignores a couple of facts. First, criminals don't care about the law. That's why they are criminals. If you outlaw a gun that they want they WILL get it. The second si that more people are murdered by hammers than assault rifles. More people are murdered by knives than by hammers. More people die in drunk-driving accidents than by hammers and knives combined. Does this mean we should ban hammers, knives, and alcohol/cars as well?

    2. Every other party (as in just about everyone that isn't part of the Liberal agenda) would suggest that if the home-owner had a gun maybe this wouldn't of happened. They could also call this a case-study in what would happen if guns were outlawed. The criminal had a gun, which they almost certainly will. The legal, law-abiding, citizen apparently did not. The victims relied on the police who apparently showed up too late.

    But don't worry. I'm sure Obama and the Fed's will have a solution for us simple, common, folks that obviously can't help ourselves.

  3. #163
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Does this mean we should ban hammers, knives, and alcohol/cars as well?
    That combination is banned almost everywhere and for a good reason.

  4. #164
    The Unstoppable Force RICH8472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK, Nexus
    Posts
    20,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I actually didn't know about that. Was he convicted?
    No idea, not heard anything about it since. The shameful thing was people on this forum defending the shooter because the victim ignored the no solicitors signs. Apparently putting a visible sign up gives you the right to execute people.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Yeah that was pretty damn disturbing. Worst part was there were actually posters on this forum who thought it was justified because of those signs. ;P
    Nyah, worst part is that any time a subject comes up like this, folks act like it's one of those stories and seems to label us all as the people that agreed with the guy that shot the beef salesman.

    I mean, sure, the guy in this story forced his way into a home he most likely knew was occupied, searched around until he found someone and got 5 bullets for his trouble, but lets second guess the situation and assume he went up to the third floor to find the newest issue of Cosmo. The lady is obviously the same as the guy that shot someone obviously no threat on his front porch...

    She shot for center of mass on a large (judging by picture) assailant wielding a crowbar that had just forced his way through her locked front door. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Not a situation to seek out by any means, but the criminal created the situation by his violent actions and forced her into a response. Could she have taken the odds of using 1 or 2 of her 6 shots to aim for a leg? Maybe she just needed a nice gun with 15+ rounds so she had the luxury.

  6. #166
    If I were a thief, I wouldn't find my life worth getting shot over the possible $20-50 that may be in a person's wallet or their household items.

    If a person breaks into my home, I'm going to point either my .44 or shotgun at them and give them the chance to surrender. If they become a greater threat (pull knife, gun or attempt at fighting) they will be put down with 2 .44s or 1 12 gauge #4 turkey shot. Say I happen to find their backside, they will get a nice smack to the top of their head with the barrel. The burglar bars on my house aren't for my protection, they are to deter thieves.

    If you're too much of a pussy to own a gun and learn how to use it, then you leave fate in the hands of someone else.

  7. #167
    The Unstoppable Force RICH8472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK, Nexus
    Posts
    20,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    If I were a thief, I wouldn't find my life worth getting shot over the possible $20-50 that may be in a person's wallet or their household items.

    If a person breaks into my home, I'm going to point either my .44 or shotgun at them and give them the chance to surrender. If they become a greater threat (pull knife, gun or attempt at fighting) they will be put down with 2 .44s or 1 12 gauge #4 turkey shot. Say I happen to find their backside, they will get a nice smack to the top of their head with the barrel. The burglar bars on my house aren't for my protection, they are to deter thieves.

    If you're too much of a pussy to own a gun and learn how to use it, then you leave fate in the hands of someone else.
    What you say is perfectly reasonable up until you started insulting non gun owners. Try reading back a few pages though, there are people here that will shoot first and not even give them a chance to surrender. In previous threads we have had people defending the killing of traveling salesman that ignore no trespassing signs.

  8. #168
    Scarab Lord aikoyamamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,775
    I often find myself wondering why I still linger in the United States.

  9. #169
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,210
    Never got why people compare anything else to guns.

    Pretty stupid since a knife is more avoidable than a gun and cars are indeed not designed to kill people.

    Alcohol= most of the time fun and games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •